What changes do you want to the Orange Islands Archipelago?

Discussion in 'RPG News & Discussion' started by Roxas, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Roxas

Roxas Prince of the Stars Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    Part of the revamps and changes we want to make this place more favorable to new members is to revamp the regions we have. We're starting with the most important region we have, the Orange Islands. What kind of changes would you like to see there? I have my own ideas, but I would like to see some member input before I start drafting any of my proposals to the Grail.

2. ManBearTepig

ManBearTepig King of The North

RePG:
    Profile:
    More quests/missions to do on routes, instead of going through countless wild and trainers we should have more quests for them to do throughout, maybe give it a storyline as well?

3. Rachel Covaks

Rachel Covaks Dragon Queen of the Viridian Forest

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'm with MBT, and add different class things.

4. Pikang

Pikang Resident furry and fursuiter

RePG:
    Profile:
    Are there still Pokemon that belong to the dex that cannot be obtained in the islands? Maybe if there are a few wild location revamps? Part of the appeal of the islands ARE the fakemon...

5. Pan_Demi_Ciela

Pan_Demi_Ciela 4/4

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Pyroo
    I mentioned this idea in my mod app, but I'll post it here for all to see.

Each region could have a certain number of npc trainers all spread out in power level. Every real human would have to battle them and their set team. Then after the battle the npc would offer to trade one of their Pokemon for one of the person's. If the player accepts the trade it goes through, and then the next person to fight the npc would fight their new roster.

The trade would have to be specific, for example the npc would pick a pokemon to give and take, then the player could say yes or no. The player would not be able to barter for a better deal, or offer something else. This is to more mimic the random npc's in the game who offer trades, and also prevent the npc from taking a starter or something too valuable.

Nobody would want to trade away their starter anyway, hopefully. However better safe than sorry, the mod would decide what the trade offer is. It should probably just be stuff that you can catch in routes in that region, or other regions maybe. The idea is for them to grow and change over time, slowly building up a pc as well that mods would have a topic to keep track of.

Except for events, each persons individual adventures are, well, individual. This could be a way for players to effect each other despite being scattered all over the regions.

6. Kitsune_XIII

Kitsune_XIII Composer Ampereon

RePG:
    Profile:
    OOooh, I really like that idea, Pan. (Can I call you Pan?)

7. Pan_Demi_Ciela

Pan_Demi_Ciela 4/4

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Pyroo
    Sure, I don't mind Pan, Demi, or Ciela, or even Pandemic, cuz that's why they're in that order.

8. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    Honestly, I like the ideas of people interacting in their adventures quite a bit. Not just in token-gathering team missions. I mean like areas where they could role-play outside of the adventure and collaborate on character interaction and mini-events. Nothing as potentially cumbersome as battles per say, but have some small side-areas in cities or some routes where people could set up a thread between them and post back and forth. Make things feel a bit more closely tied together and encourage more social interaction between everyone.