Watchers/Shades PTU Campaign.

Discussion in 'Game Corner' started by Haas, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Haas

Haas The Master of the Night Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    With the closing of the site I never really got to see my Watchers and Shades stories come to light in TRPG. But now that I've been watching Critical Role every week as well as playing in a PTU game myself, I've been thinking that I might want to run a campaign based on the site's versions of the canon regions, with the Watcher's and Shades being the main plot line, with some changes now that I have an idea of what I want to do with them.

This would still be pretty far out, probably not really happening until the summer when I have a more consistent schedule, and would have to be on Saturdays or Sundays so that my class schedules wouldn't interfere in the long run.

That being said would anyone have any interest at all in doing this? If I get some people then I'll definitely start going into a lot deeper planning of what I want to do but I don't want to do all of that if nobody is interested.

Some notes about the Campaign:
    It will be focused in the site's version of the Kanto Region and follow the same path.
    This will be taking place 20 years after the events of RBY (10 years after the events of SM)
    You'd will be choosing from the following Starter Pokemon: Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Eevee
    You'd get an addition Pokemon following the B-day rules of the site (To sort of mimic the way you'd go through the site's adventure)
    -The one exception is that you can't claim any Pokemon that is a starter in this game.
    The Pokemon will mostly be Kanto and Johto Pokemon with some opportunities for others, but don't expect to be finding a ton of OImon in the Kanto wilds.
    It'll use the base set of classes in the PTU 1.05 Core book as well as the 17 Elementalist Classes found in Game of Throhs (Not the weapon classes however)
    The format will mostly be Pokemon vs Pokemon but Trainers can battle in Wilds and some other instances.
    The main goal is going to be to complete the Pokemon League Challenge (7 Badges, Pokemon League Championship, etc)

These will be updated with more details if I need to.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  2. Roxas

Roxas Prince of the Stars Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    If you could get this to go on a Sunday I'd be hella here for it.

3. Kalinius

Kalinius Because I am a star dragon. That's why. Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    I could defs be interested in this going forward. If it is on weekends earlier in the day would work better for me but I got some wiggle room. But yea defs interested.

4. Pikang

Pikang Resident furry and fursuiter

RePG:
    Profile:
    Interested? Hell yes. Saturdays would be the best for me (and not late at night, I am unable to function without a lot of sleep). Ever since my iteration of Cam's game AND the main TRPG went belly-up, this would help a lot in helping me get my PTU fix.

5. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Id be ok if it was on saturdays cause I work sunday nights

6. Pan_Demi_Ciela

Pan_Demi_Ciela 4/4

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Pyroo
    I'd love to play as well, I work third shift Tue-Sat, and as most of you know I'm EST, the only other things I have going on are dnd on Wednesday nights and the Monday game, so besides that I'm free to add another thing to my schedule.

7. TwistoFate

TwistoFate Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    I’m up for this. I am most avaliable in Saturday’s right now, college basically eating up most of my week. After about 5 weeks the semester will be done and I will be avaliable in basically any day.

8. Nonsensepanda

Nonsensepanda The best Panda Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Im game, any weekday after 6pm, id perfer not to do saturday as its my only day fully off. sunday night is a maybe

9. Haas

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Alright so definitely enough interest and I'm actually really motivated to get this to work so I might be able to get it going with the next month or so.

Most likely there will only be one session around Sunday at 11am Eastern Time that will have probably 4 spaces. After a few weeks of that, and making sure I can handle it, I might be willing to open up another session Saturday morning as well but that's all subject to change.

Keep in mind too that this will be my first game DM'ing so if you aren't necessarily really up to date on the rules/need help with them, then perhaps waiting til my eventual second session would be best.

10. Haas

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    I've updated the first post with some basic details of the campaign so that people know what they'd be signing up for.

For now could I get people that have an interest of playing on Sunday (preferably 11am Eastern - 1pm Eastern start time unless the majority can't do that)

11. Pikang

Pikang Resident furry and fursuiter

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'd *really* prefer Saturday, but if I go to early service church I can try to do Sundays. Not until I get back home to Indiana though - our church service in Florida is late in the morning.