Tournament of Imperia Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'RPG News & Discussion' started by SilentSentinel, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Gamma

Gamma Simply Walks Into Mordor

RePG:
    Profile:
    There has to be some good sponsors, though.

2. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    We'll just have to find out! There's going to be several spicy interviews on the way, but yours truly has been busy moving house and doesn't have internet at his new place yet.

3. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Rental Price Drop!

[​IMG]

I'll just level with you here, I thought qualifying wouldn't take as long as it has been for a lot of people. Which means that I may have went a little hard on the rental prices. They are meant to help newer members compete, but the newer members are probably the ones having more trouble finishing up, so it's a bit counter intuitive. So the prices are going to be adjusted down to make it easier to afford things.

On top of that, The first pokemon you rent will only cost 10 Coins maximum, no matter what it usually costs. Subsequent rentals will cost their listed prices. Since everyone who qualifies should have 10 coins, you'll all be able to rent at least one pokemon of your choice. Keep in mind that you can also try to beat trainers in the Auri Outpost to gain additional coins for renting Items and such!

4. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Faces of Imperia: Part 3
    Hello folks! We're back once again with another interview in our Faces of Imperia series, where we take you behind the curtain and talk to the many trainers competing for the top prize at the Tournament of Imperia!

Trainers are now coming into the home stretch of the qualifying period. It's gut check time for those not yet qualified, but some had a much easier time of it than others. We're going to check in with a trainer who clearing this round with blazing speed, Kalinius!

SilentSentinel: Hey there, Kal! Why don't you tell us a bit about why you're here competing so the folks at home know what you're all about?

Kalinius: Well I've been a Pokemon trainer for quite some time now, almost 10 years in fact so I'm no stranger to competition. I've previously participated in two tournaments hosted on the island of Ishmadal and while I fell short at those I am hoping that Imperia turns out to be a bit more fruitful. Third times the charm I hope. I've also seen quite a lot this world has to offer exploring both the Orange Islands and Zeralis competing in their Leagues and am currently participating in the Kanto League as well.

SilentSentinel: Well, you definitely have more experience than most! I guess that would explain why you were able to qualify despite being the last person to enter the tournament. In fact, you qualified in less time than just about everyone! Does it feel like you're more of a frontrunner this time, or are you used to being the favorite?

Kalinius: I would definitely say I am used to being the heavy favorite and though I would consider myself a favorite this time I feel like this tournament will be a lot closer than people expect and anyone has a shot at winning. I'd say I have built myself a strong team that does make me a frontrunner but I'm not going to take anyone lightly in this. Anyone who does it is sure to find themselves quickly eliminated if they think their opponents are going to be easy to handle.

SilentSentinel: I'm sure being a vet has something to do with your cautiousness. In the third tournament of Ishmadal, you had a pretty stellar team but ended up losing in a close match in the finals. Let's get a bit technical and talk about any teambuilding choices you've made differently here to get yourself over that final hump!

Kalinius: My goal this time around was to create a team that could handle a variety of threats and throw out some surprises that would be able to catch people off guard. As well setting up more team synergy so that all 6 can work together in tandem with one another to check threats and knock out the opposing team was a key goal this time around. Each of them benefits one another and can easily be used to bait in other opponents and play around their unique synergies together. Speaking of the that tournament, one of my Pokemon from there is making a return to this tournament, Gliscor will be entering the fray once again.

SilentSentinel: I think some of the veteran tournament spectators out there remember that Gliscor! Since tournaments are nicely spaced out, there's often a lot of turnover between them in terms of who enters. Do you have any advice for first timers on battling and advancing as far as possible, aside from staying out of your way?

Kalinius: Haha, well I'd say the best advice I can give is trust your gut and don't overthink it. Don't always go with the first thought that comes to mind but don't let yourself get wrapped in the guessing games. It can generally cause you more harm than good.

SilentSentinel: Basically: keep it simple! As something of a battler myself I think that trusting your gut and not trying to outthink everyone is the best way to get your foot in the door in terms of battling at a higher level.

SilentSentinel: Well, my producer is telling me that I have to do a bunch more work since the time for the tournament's start is fast approaching, but let's go ahead and wrap things up with one more question: I'm sure that as one of the higher profile entrants in this bout, there's going to be several people looking to knock you off your spot, several people hoping they don't end up near you in the bracket, and finally your history with the Sarah family to consider. Is there anyone in particular that you would be excited to test your skills against?

Kalinius: Two people definitely come to mind that I would enjoy battling against and that would be Jan who I lost to in the third tournament of Ishmadal and Sarah IV. There is a bit of a rivalry formed now between Jan and I, so getting to see the team he's built and see how he has been doing this past while would be nice. All friendly competition but I think I can beat him this year but we'll have to see where the cards fall for that one. As for Sarah IV, I lost to her older sister many years ago in the original tournament of Ishmadal after feeling I had the entire tournament won right from the start. It was a humbling experience to say the least. I am certainly eager to see how Sarah IV progresses and even more curious as to what her Super Pokemon is. Regardless I hope to battle with either Jan or Sarah, perhaps if I'm lucky even both.

SilentSentinel: We'll just have to see how the bracket shakes out and hope that some of these scenarios come to pass! Thanks for your time!

Kalinius: Definitely, anytime.

SilentSentinel: And there you have it folks! Kal's assembled himself one hell of a team and is looking like a near sure bet to advance deep into the tournament bracket? We'll have to wait and see if there's any upstarts that might be able to knock him off his post!

This interview was brought to you by Lavaridge Town Bakery's famous Lava Cookies. Lava Cookies, undercutting the Full Heal market since 2002!

5. Gamma

Gamma Simply Walks Into Mordor

RePG:
    Profile:
    I love when copypasta turns the text black. It's actually appropriately used here in an attempt to be ominous, which works out a little.

6. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Who's ready for Round 2?

I think MoG vs Pikang is going to be a very tight battle. Looking forward to seeing how that one goes.