This is the part where Gammasect makes a Chernabog Garland story thread [The Bloody Armchair]

Discussion in 'The Studio' started by Gamma, May 10, 2016.

1. Gamma

Gamma Simply Walks Into Mordor

RePG:
    Profile:
    Hi, I'm Gammasect and I have an idea. Said idea is to tear my character concept apart, as I haven't really had the muse to roleplay him for two years, and see if I can't do something akin to a remake of him, or at least make Chernabog Garland IV, Ishmadal Kingslayer, a personality able to be rectified.

My first vaporous step is to see what I can do using an Omega Ruby team, because my sister decided randomly to get me the game even though I don't have a 3DS to consistently play it. I'm under the premise I can tear Hoenn a new one (apparently the game is a cinch). Additionally, I am looking to writing about Chernabog's adventures in a Pokemon romhack or something similar, by dint of needing to restart his story completely. In the interim, I can maybe consider coming back to the OITRPG, assuming I can have OITRPG's Chernabog do events. I've missed about two years' worth and feel bad about it.

I also miss all of the people on here, most especially Kitsu, Suzuran, Roxas, and Chaos Shadow('s Nier playthrough). As such I'm probably going to actually try to stick around at least to look at Pummelo Stadium and The Studio subforums, as those would be likely where I'm most needed.

Project: Bloody Armchair will commence when I've gotten my shenanigans sorted out.

2. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    I guess I could start Project Bloody Armchair by going over Chernabog Garland IV's home region and what he'd get had I decided to wise up and start in Hoenn:

:swampert:
    :gardevoir: / :gallade: [50-50 on this one]
    :linoone: [PickUp is too useful an ability, especially in OR]
    :dusknoir: [Would be :dusclops: in Emerald]
    :aggron:

The 6th mon would always rotate depending on what happened in Hoenn through TRPG or other circumstances. My sister got me a :xerneas: and that was neat.

Those would be my main three at the current time. I realize I'll need a Flying-type and an additional Water-type so that knowing Surf isn't too much of a hassle.

3. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Well... now I could playtest him in Curse of Strahd, a Dungeons & Dragons game.

My main issue is my track record of tabletop games being... not so great.

Chernabog was my first literal character. Back then he was not the Ishmadal Kingslayer, but he was built like a Bard and played like a Ranger otherwise, for he was part of a D&D 3.5 homebrew set to Pokemon known as Pokemon Tabletop Adventures. He was simply a guy who wanted to become a Pokemon Coordinator, who was otherwise a reasonably normal character. He got two starters, a Bulbasaur and a Ralts. From there, the Temp game became kind of a crapshoot. He managed to get a Butterfree and a Murkrow otherwise, though. In fact, Chernabog was almost named Chernabug and made the Hoenn Pokemon Champion at one point, with a signature 'mon being Shedinja.

Chernabog's personality came to light when more-than-PG13 elements crept into Temp. The thing about it was that almost all of the other player characters knew each other, both in and out of character. It made some partial sense, although he had attempted to get into a fight with a Heracross by himself when he heard it molested a trainer and fellow teammate on the basis of "honey sap." I got railroaded out of having my character be Megahorned to death, and persuaded to not bother with the Heracross out-of-character in spite of 'Bog's attempt to fight a situation he deemed atrocious. Between the inter-party oddities, someone getting their hands on a Deoxys, and Team Rocket being character-shilled, I quickly stopped taking the game seriously and I think it wasn't supposed to be serious in the first place. Chernabog never got a single Contest Ribbon, even though it would be his only means of leveling up, meaning he had been a Level 1 Coordinator the entire time spent in Temp (which approximated into a couple months, in retrospect). Temp officially ended on January 2011, when the Temp GM got exceptionally angry with the Nuzlocke Forum mods for only coming in second during a speedrun contest, called the mods Nazis, and was blocked; he did all this while drunk and everyone except me consoled him for his loss.

I attempted two other Pokemon Tabletop muses: the first was Mercutio Mateus, who had been named as such because I was not feeling creative for the campaign. His campaign only lasted a single session, and he only ever got a Totodile and an Ekans. The second was Gideon Moonshatter Golbez, whom also had a terrible name since his campaign was also atrocious. I started spending less and less time on Destiny the more my character got bullied by the GM of that particular game, and everything felt like punishment even for succeeding. Gideon's Pokemon in that game, a Dratini and a Poliwag, only survived because of my hiatuses. The Dratini (Zeke) also had Thunder Wave to paralyze a majority of troublesome Pokemon.

4. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    I decided to theoryroll some stats for Curse of Strahd Chernabog, as @KabuKing invited me to a D&D game and I obliged. Here's what I rolled for Chernabog as a Warlock of the Undying Path (lich named Nier) & Book Pact (Grimoire Haiiro).

To roll stats, I simply do 4d6 and take the lowest result out of my total before inputting it. There's a few methods to do this, so I try one:

STR - 15
    DEX - 11
    CON - 13
    INT - 10
    WIS - 13
    CHA - 12

This first roll was done going one-by-one from STR to CHA indiscriminately, and I've already failed my build. So, I decide to roll again. This time, I will denote which stats are rolled for in the order they're rolled in for properly.

WIS - 14
    INT - 14
    CHA - 16
    DEX - 13
    STR - 14
    CON - 10

Now, to remodel the stats in the order they would be on the character sheet...

STR - 14
    DEX - 13
    CON - 10
    INT - 14
    WIS - 14
    CHA - 16

Much better. I should tag Kabu in the post and see if these stats are acceptable. My main reason for the stat spread is it's acutely closer to what Chernabog was like in Pokemon Tabletop Adventures, only now modified for 5th Edition D&D. Even if most of these stats are only above-average, being a Human will likely allow me to raise all of the ability scores by 1 point because of racials. In this way, even my Constitution will be less mediocre!

EDIT: Final stat total after calculating Human racials:

STR - 15
    DEX - 14
    CON - 11
    INT - 15
    WIS - 15
    CHA - 17

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  5. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Previously, on The Bloody Armchair...
    Now to discuss my previous tabletop track record outside of Chernabog, Mercutio, and Gideon.

My first D&D 5th Edition character was a Human Druid known as Eozerus Largo'thog Ikezawa-Lelouch. Originally, she was just Eozerus Largo'thog Ikezawa, and she was a Pathfinder character who was a Dhampir. I had played her in two different campaigns, as one was run by a guy fixated on Dark Souls and the other was a guy who wanted to run a campaign in Ustalav anyway, and helped me homebrew Eozerus to be slightly different. In 5th Edition, she was an orphan raised by Orcs, Trolls, and Bugbears who grew resentment for Heironeous, because his followers murdered her parents and later some of her Orc/Troll/Bugbear compatriots. Desperate for vengeance against Heironeous, she had been tasked with performing criminal vigilante deeds to satisfy many clients. In exchange for worship of Vecna, she would be given a better life during her vigilante career. She was a Druid/Cleric dual-class, because playing a Cleric-and-Druidzilla had been on my mind and 5e seemed rather close to 3.5e in how either class was intended to be played. She's still an active, alive muse for D&D, and was part of a remodeling process I had done to ensure Eozerus was never slowly rotting away.

My next muse after Eozerus (I started roleplaying tabletop more seriously right around 2014-2015) was a Warhammer 40k psyker named Rin Volkmire. She was a Voidborn who had been picked up by an Inquisitor named Isaac. After seeing the God-Emperor and being blinded, she was given extraordinary psychic enhancement to her already-existing potential. With tranq and a hobby of painting helping her with her career, she was primarily set to be a crew member on the ship of another PC's father. A disastrous battle with Dark Eldar ensued later on, and her comms were jammed when she tried to save Isaac's life. In spite of her alcoholism and other eccentricities, Isaac spent his last moments alive telling Rin how he always was proud of her and always loved her. Swearing vengeance on Dark Eldar, she transferred to another ship, belonging to the daughter of Isaac's former captain. Rogue Trader is the only system in the Warhammer 40k module that she fits in, and it worked out for her for the most part. She tried to replicate Xenos she had fought (Orks and normal Eldar) in order to overpower them later, although she lost her right leg due to powerful Eldar swords. The ship's tech-priest helped her out. Alas, Rin's on an indefinite hiatus until I can play Rogue Trader again and rewrite her story with permission from the Storyteller.

My next muse after Rin was Kurloz Hakamichi. Starting out as a Pathfinder one-shot character, I grew investment in him during a Rise of the Runelords campaign, and he was a Dwarf Armor Master (Fighter archetype). However, this RotR campaign ended up with too many people in it (the AP was meant for 4, we had 10 people playing it). I moved him over to Vampire: the Requiem, and he fared a little better as a Gangrel Bruja whose life was saved by the Prince of Chicago, Maxwell Clarke. Maxwell as Invictus, so Kurloz became Invictus. However, one bad WH40K larp (Black Crusade system) later had Kurloz be moved to New Orleans at the behest of both his sire, Madeleine "Nitrogen" Peden, and his Friend in Higher Places, Reynaldo Gui. Disaster immediately ensued because our playergroup would not cease arguments with each other. VTR had also been a party of 8, although it lowered to 5 when one of the problem players thankfully left the game. The other problem player ended up playing an Akhud who was horribly min-maxed to have high Defense (through Dexterity, Praestantia, and presumably Wits) and his combat capabilities ended up causing the campaign to turn out worse. Ordinarily I like VII, but this problem player had permanently ruined the Akhud canon of VII for me. He ultimately won the game (much to my eternal chagrin, as he was rather mean to my Storyteller and even worse toward my sister and her boyfriend, who played Vampire exclusively to have slice-of-life-ish fun), although I survived due to getting maximum health through Stamina and Resilience.

I had an OC much like Chernabog who I also remodeled for a tabletop game. Before my relationship with the Akhud player in Vampire was soured for eternity, I gave him a chance to GM a game of Mutants & Masterminds, working out a variant of my ex-Kingdom Hearts character, Noxigar Bellucci. He was a marksman with some clerical magic in the element of Darkness, and his heart had been made mechanical. He was attempting to fight against an exceptional evil, making his path through attacking a vampire in Egypt and other miscellaneous incidents which allowed him to ultimately be a stowaway on the remaining party members' ship. Microaggressions against me (although ultimately we had arguments against each other) in M&M, VTR, and in a Pandemic one-shot made playing Noxigar something which I tried to quit; but, the GM decided to one-up me and have a scrappy NPC, liked more than my character anyway, end up attempting to murder me before telling me to get out. I would not mind playing Noxigar again, although I have a past name for him as Garland Bellinski that turns into Noxigar Bellinski for any future Mutants & Masterminds campaigns.

So far I have other tabletop characters of whom I expect to have more success than Rin, Kurloz, and Noxigar.

6. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Chernabog Garland IV Status: Level 2/Level 3 Warlock.

So far, he gained a Power from mortem/near-mortem, which I nicknamed "Ocean of Waves" since he manifests it by morphing into a form of water/mercury whenever he traverses through walls.

His goal is to kill Strahd, whom he perceives as King of Barovia. I'm not sure if I'll play as him outside of another @KabuKing -sanctioned thingy, but I can attempt to write for him here if asked.

7. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    I've got part of my muse back and I have some ideas but I don't think they're novel-worthy, at least if it relates to Chernabog in some fashion.

On a note, I am interested in doing another campaign with Chernabog (I think @Amerac has been planning something although I'm not entirely sure if I'll be truly prepared). I have a bit more free time whilst working on a Thesis and an Internship, both independent study courses. The other remaining course I have is really easy.

8. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    The iteration of Chernabog Garland that exists on the Orange Islands is his Fourth incarnation, hence Chernabog Garland IV.

I started playing Pokemon right around Generation II, which was where Chernabog Garland I came about. Ordinarily, when I do a Pokemon game blind, I choose the Water starter based purely on aesthetics. However, modern me would have scrapped that for the Sinnoh region at the very least, while noting that Pokemon Gold was my first game and Chernabog's intended signature Pokemon as Chernabog I was Ho-Oh. As I do not like the aesthetics of most Fire-type Pokemon, Ho-Oh stands out as one I do like.

If I were to write a Chernabog Garland I party, it would look like this (using primarily thematics):

[​IMG]:sneasel: :feraligatr: :butterfree: :porygon2: :raikou: (with [​IMG]as mascot Pokemon/useful for Elite Four) for Disc 1: Johto

and

:houndoom: :venusaur: :arbok: :murkrow: :kingdra: :lugia: for Disc 2: Kanto, assuming there isn't some overlap at some point as is wont for Johto

9. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    I had two versions of Chernabog Garland II (Gen III).

One was funnily based off of the Pokemon anime, as the one based off Hoenn is about the only one in the series I don't actively dislike. I'm not sure why, but even that one's rubbed off on me as not being particularly good (mostly tapering off when not doing anything involving Contests/Grand Festival). It is because of what I did with Chernabog Garland II that made a lot of Chernabog's personality as far as consistency went.

Hoenn Chernabog II would have this party:

:swampert:
    :aggron:
    :gardevoir:
    :beautifly:
    and then two filler for whatever other contests one would take. Another idea was to replace :beautifly: with :shedinja:, although I wasn't sure which one was better specifically for Contests. I don't quite have an appropriate Cool or Cute Pokemon for Contests if I use Chernabog II's party, though.
    In place of Ho-Oh for thematics, I likely would have recruited :rayquaza:, if only because I had Pokemon Emerald when cultivating the character.

Kanto Chernabog II would have this party, using FireRed/LeafGreen and the Battle Frontier anime (which kinda sucked after the 4kids VAs ceased to be used):

:blastoise: / :poliwrath: (starter was a coin-toss)
    :venusaur: / :victreebel: (starter was a coin-toss)
    :umbreon:
    :pidgeot:
    :dragonite:
    :nidoking:

In earnest, I have yet to beat the Elite Four of LeafGreen. I could probably cook up a BizHawk emulation of LeafGreen to do a run, although I'm not sure if anyone would enjoy me rambling about Chernabog in a Let's Play format.

10. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Only one version of Chernabog III exists, and this version also more or less got regular-moded into how I characterize Mercutio Napoleon Mateus and Gideon Moonshatter Golbez. The latter among those two is of special note, given he is a Sinnoh trainer I had concocted to make a better run of Pokemon Platinum.

During Gen IV (during the HGSS era), I tried to make a Nuzlocke Comic involving E-102, basically as a coping mechanism for my exile from the Sonic fandom. It was received well by the few who read it, but after I switched computers I realized I'd have to start all over, and rebooting what was once a burgeoning series seemed to be a terrible idea (especially as I had tried to do so already last year for Twitch streaming, and wiped on Roark - I am especially bitter about this since I've found him to be really easy). Given my overall lack of popularity on the Nuzlocke Forums outright, I chose to do more Orange Islands-related posts and storywriting during the comic's runtime proper, which was something that of course led to me dropping it once I got a new computer.

Chernabog III's party is relatively simple regarding Sinnoh:

:torterra: :weavile: :crobat: :giratina: :lucario: :porygonz:
    A few other 'mons could interchange dependent on the situation, such as :vespiquen: replacing :crobat: whenever the chance arises.
    Even simpler regarding Johto:

:meganium: :honchkrow: :poliwrath: would be his main three 'mons, with otherwise significant overlap with Chernabog I given they would both be catching Johto Pokemon.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  11. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Mostly in this post is theorycraft about what exact 'mons Chernabog would have if I went and did what @Haas suggested and make a Chernabog Garland V:

:chesnaught:
    :talonflame:
    :dragalgae:
    :aegislash:
    :klefki:
    and given :zygarde: is unlikely to be a Shiny nor accessible in the TRPG's variant of Kalos, I'd likely use :goodra: in memoriam of Leon Vane.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  12. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Given I perceive X/Y/OR/AS to be a Quadruple Parallel Universe of OI canon, unless stated otherwise, I did try to come up with a version of Chernabog that fit more akin to Werewolf: the Forsaken rules.

The project was known as Were-Aureon: the QPUs.

I eventually decided to branch out of that and just start Were-Aureon from scratch. This led to me taking a concept from World of Darkness I had created - Tauradonna the Texan - and remodel her (while still keeping her from scratch aside from nomenclature) into something thematically fitting for Pokemon Tabletop United, if only because the idea of @Roxas being the Game Master of a PTU game, no matter what it entailed, was promising enough to where I may as well put forth non-Chernabog-related effort into the concept.

As of this entry, I'm looking at the various Pokemon available and coming up with an ideal team. This means @mentioning the GM to show my interest in PTU Amaya (because doing normal OIs while I'm doing them in the TRPG as Chernabog was too redundant).

:aureon:

Basically, the ideal Ace mon, given the entire concept hinges around an Eeveelution being the Ace. Granted, I can't start with Eevee but the option to play with an Aureon as a team member (presumably) exists. I'd probably just name it Urfarah, or "Father Wolf" in Werewolf: the Forsaken terms. To make things even more fitting, I would likely have to get a "Lone Wolf Eevee" (in-campaign; as far as TRPG proper goes, I'm pretty much perma-Flora) for Tauradonna. If possible, I shall try to get a Lone Wolf Eevee with a Hidden ability so that Tauradonna's Aureon is thematically appropes.

:aurilucario:

I want to experiment with this but this would be a second-perfect "mascot" Pokemon for a Werewolf-inspired trainer. Tauradonna also gains an exceptional amount of benefits from operating a Lucaurio as Fighting/Fairy is probably one of the best type-combos I bear witness to. I plan to name it Skolis-Ur, or "Winter Wolf." Their ability to hit from the special side will be noted and utilized to as good an effect as reasonably possible.

:nuclomb:

A defensive Pokemon which is intended to cover for almost all weaknesses that Aureon and Lucaurio would need protection from, Nuclomb is a presumably-early Amayamon whom I could obtain. If the Explomb line is determined to be too unfitting for setting differentials, I will pick a different Steel-type whom will resist Steel and still be immune to Poison-type attacks.

Nuclomb has no gender, and this is quite beneficial to me in naming it. If I get it as an Explomb, I will be nicknaming it Roentgen, after the unit of measurement for x-rays and after the father of x-rays, who was born on November 8, 1895.

:shadowtarsayer:

I think of the only Amaya-native 'mons, that getting a Tarseer member would fit Tauradonna best, although I will be:

1) naming it Sho
    2) probably ensuring the rest of the Pokes, barring maybe other thematically-savvy ones, are also appropriate to go alongside Shadow-Tarsayer's ability of Invertigo
    3) Gathering 25 Crystals regardless of their being Abyss or Auri. Possibly more, just to have 25 Crystals remaining in Tauradonna's possession by the time the game ends

:rhyperior:

If I need a 'mon who knows how to Surf at any point in Rox's Amaya campaign, I must remind myself it must be this one under all circumstances.

13. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Back to talking more about Chernabog proper. I think I had his looks down pat to some degree, though I have no spriting experience to my name and lament this if only because offering a Chernabog sprite for his RP would actually be fun.

He at least has brown hair, that he dyes from brown to either cyan or turquoise on the regular. He never goes full green hair, though, due to a stark hatred of Team Plasma (consistent with mun's opinion on Plasma being "they're basically the Pokemon equivalent of the Ku Klux Klan, and that makes me wish them dead on the regular"). I could think of dying his hair red instead, but I have little motivation to do so other than fulfilling a trope of "redhead who's dark-humoured and brooding." Cyan and turquoise are also better colours for Chernabog aesthetically, although red's not completely out of the question.

I thought about getting him some red rectangular shades. Then I decided some of my other original characters could use those instead.

Given Chernabog's sketchy past with Professor Ivy (Note: anime canon being implemented entirely on accident in my case), he would likely wear a severely black lab coat, as opposed to the common white lab coat. It would look weird at a glance. Curse of Strahd Chernabog wore purple warlock garb instead, but would have likely traded it for better black robes if given a magical itemme of some kind.

The version of him running around Curse of Strahd wore an old black top hat as well as standard purple warlock garb, and I thought about getting 'Bog one of those in Regalia Island someday. It at least matches the rest of him somewhat. I don't think Chernabog needs a monocle to go with the top hat, as awesome as it would look.

I'm pretty sure most standard trainers (Red, Gold, etc) wore jeans, so jeans it is for Chernabog. Then he wears some black loafers, and it completes his look pretty much.

14. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Chernabog's not the only character I plotted to use for various TRPG shenanigans. Should something actually draw me to Orre other than wanting a Rocket Sylveon and a Rocket Nidoking, I think I can maybe RP something for Mercutio Napoleon Mateus. Even if I have characters running completely different personalities and, therefore, different occupational profiles, I still have the user profile consistency of a Team Flora, possible-Auri-Society-contender-should-I-ever-do-Amaya, and Coordinator-should-I-decide-to-do-Amaya.

So, for Mercutio, the closest I can get to roleplaying a Ranger without throwing my user immersion off is to have him do Orre. There isn't too much that currently motivates me to roleplay as him in Orre, although I guess here'd be his team if I went to Orre:

:rocketnidoking:

:rocketsylveon: (this assumes a sprite for Rocket Sylveon exists - If push comes to shove I could probably go with a :rocketumbreon: otherwise)

:mienshao: (from Club Krabby promo - could be a contender for Token Garrus of one of my naming convention schemas)

:pearduck: (capturable via Abandoned Lab's Exploring the Lab action updates)

Those are mostly the main four 'mons I could see Mercutio employing, although I saw that the Orre wilds tables needed to be put back into proper threads this time around (presumably). As such, not a whole lot of other brainstorming would arise for Mercutio.

15. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    My current flight plan for Chernabog regarding the OIs is as follows:

OIs: Get up to Navel Island (nicknamed Montropique City in my cliffnotes simply because Navel City sounds dumb) before freezing Chernabog and either turning him into a lich (through death) or making him become a different supernatural phenomenon atop a tropical glacier.
    After that, I could finish the OIs and murder the OI Elite Four, or...
    Holon: Catch some Delta 'mons. A Delta Meganium sounds amazing to have, but I am unsure if Chernabog would instead prefer Delta Feraligatr or something else along the bend. Most of Holon would exist to make travelling to a canon region for anything other than Contest Ribbons unnecessary.
    Orre: Catch Glitchmons given Glitchmons fit Chernabog and Mercutio Mateus aesthetically, as well as free Rocket Nidoking making sure I don't have to catch a Nidoran-Male in Kanto. Grabbing a few Unovamons along the way so that Chernabog never has to go to Unova sounds good, too.
    Sinnoh: Siskur-Dah dictates I need to defeat story characters in this region as Chernabog, although I would probably have a hard time juggling that and Grand Festival activity simultaneously unless my trainer is story-pulled toward one moreso than the other.
    Amaya: Same as Sinnoh, but Chernabog would properly start his adventure as a Coordinator in this region. Fresh Start being mandatory makes this a help.

16. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    I guess I should update this thread with a notation that I have no actual plans involving Alola for Chernabog either, and if I do I'd have to make a separate AU of Chernabog who was always in Alola rather than Unova. Granted, I would have nary an idea for their line-up and would rather wait for me to actually watch a Sun&Moon LP before going in and assuming I have any idea what I'm doing with Alola.

17. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Hm... I wonder what... yep time for me to brainstorm Amaya Grand Festival team. Initially, this was a response to people saying how the TRPG is supposedly slanted toward Hyper Offense, when I've examined various 'mons and realize that this is patently untrue.

This is a rough draft assuming many factors arise:

:torterra:- 4-Move-Slot-Syndrome does not apply to the TRPG, meaning various bulky 'mons who would otherwise be burdened by it no longer are. This includes a slew of defensive juggernauts, like Torterra. With 4MSS gone, he can run a defensive Curse/Amnesia set with Synthesis, Wood Hammer, Leech Seed, and many other stall options galore. The main adversaries that would stop a Torterra dead in its tracks don't like switching into Stealth Rock hazards at all.

:megalucario:- Revengekiller, also would be Chernabog's ace in Amaya/Sinnoh. Most stall teams past Gen-II typically ran a revengekiller of some kind, to my knowledge. Revengekillers being a staple of Stall teams came to be more prominent as more offensive Pokemon came along. Lucario itself isn't a slouch on the defenses either, with 70/70/70 defenses (70/88/70 defenses upon Mega-Evolution) and Steel/Fighting being hands-down one of the better defensive combinations. {ZA WARUDO INTENSIFIES}

:oraclemilotic: - Regular Milotic sports 95/79/120 bulk, and if I get Marvel Scale then I can just be Asleep a lot via RestTalk to fix my physical Defense woes. Milotic in general has the movepool capabilities to be a really good phazer, which is outright necessary. I would probably pack Blizzard on it for laughs, otherwise. 4MSS being gone also means Oracle-Milotic can run as many phazing maneuvers as possible and not feel worthless doing so, as well as run both RestTalk and Recover alongside some status moves of choice.

:solidra: - 130/90/120 bulk, Fairy/Dragon typing being really good and easy to work around the weaknesses of with the remains of my team, and it has a good array of support moves on its own. I'll need to get a Light Clay and both Reflect and Light Screen to help with damage mitigation, but otherwise Solidra is a solid member for Chernabog's Grand Festival adventure.

:shuckle: - Remind me to get a Contrary Shuckle with Sticky Web, and I have a second RestTalk Pokemon. It would normally run Sandstorm anyway and most other forms of passive damage will do the trick. Power Swap would be decent, although I think some other moves Shuckle would know might cause a bit of a minor kerfluffle with Sleep Talk. I'm not sure if I can get a Shuckle that starts with Contrary, although this would motivate Chernabog to do Dream Spa.

And then my last Pokemon would either have to be a Toxic Spikes setter, Spikes setter, or both. I think I might have a few other ideas, but for now the thought of an ideal 6th mon for Grand Festival shenanigans escapes me.

18. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Draft II of Amaya Grand Festival Team / Sinnoh Ass-Whoopin' Team:

:torterra:
    :megalucario:
    :oraclemilotic: / :riptursa:
    :solidra:
    :megatyranitar:
    :sauroxic:

I'll need to reconsider a few things (like whether or not better-fitting ToxicSpikers exist outside of Amaya/Solstice) but otherwise this Stall team looks like it can do handsomely once I reach Amaya. Assumedly, this can be done after Chernabog's intended death-to-undeath transition in the OIs.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
  19. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Before I planned Chernabog's Amaya Coordinator story, I thought about going to Amaya knowing full-well I would be forced to Fresh Start. I created a character intended to be somewhat of a pseudo-rival akin to various anime pseudo-rivals, and came up with Sgt. Zacharia Sephiroth Pepper. Her name was pretty baller; at the time, I had thought of alternate muses thinking my adventures with Chernabog would be over in just OI/Zeralis, before the latter region was perma-closed off for a much-needed remodel. Zeralis being Continued Adventure-only, and with various Missions allowing early travel to Zeralis now being permanently closed off, I was a little disheartened.

I gave Sgt. Zacharia Sephiroth a team based on Star Wolf, at least the modern incarnation before Nintendo decided to attempt to rework Star Fox's canon again. It had a Treecko, a Mirai, a Felare, and an Artily. It was supposed to culminate into:

:megasceptile:
    :miralair:
    :artiace:
    :oracleapollyonm:

This would also come with two filler 'mons at the discretion of whomever was moderating at the time of me requesting plot trainers. I don't know what happened to that, in all honesty. A lot of my plans for Sgt. Pepper died when I realized my adventure's So-Zetta-Slowness meant I really only ever had much time to focus on brainstorming for Chernabog. There's also the fact I will likely need to start my Coordinator adventure in Sinnoh or Amaya (if the latter ever gets the Contest Halls and Grand Festival, I'd like to start there first).

I thought about making her a personal rival in Amaya/Sinnoh, but that would require a total overhaul of her team, when in reality she started her adventure in Amaya and migrated to the OIs as far as my own personal Gammacanon (what I consider my RP) is concerned. Given I didn't mind the idea of her joining Team Luna, and she would probably have participated in that Dragonboat competition the moment of Chernabog's duel-to-the-death with King Armedias, I thought about adding a :doramizu: to her team. Doramizu in general also are just amazing Pokes, and I thought of grabbing one for Tauradonna so she has a Surfmon.

20. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    I tried coming up with Chernabog Garland I's team once, in-story. It's pertinent since I wrote my Sandswipe as the descendant of one of Chernabog I's Pokemon:

:serperior: - All of the previous Chernabogs chose Snivy as their starter. These Snivies always had Contrary.
    :excadrill: - Chernabog IV's Sandswipe's ancestor, and an Uber in the sand which was its home via Sand Rush. Although, this does not extend to Dream World OU, which is what inspires my team for Chernabog Garland I.
    :poliwrath: - Extrapolation based on Unova's Black Path in the TRPG, and the fact Poliwag can be found by fishing. Based on this alone, Swift Swim Poliwrath.
    :gothitelle: - Shadow Tag Gothitelle fits with Dream World team befitting of Chernabog I.
    :tyranitar: - Sand Stream Tyranitar.
    :blaziken: - Speed Boost Blaziken. I think I wrote this one as one that once belonged to Chernabog I and his wife, and it evolved into Blaziken after they both passed away. Of the six, only this one survived long enough to join Chernabog Garland II.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016