The Orange Islands Regional Revamp Project

Discussion in 'RPG News & Discussion' started by Zenith, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Timeblaze

Timeblaze I'm supposed to hold it by the sharp end, right?

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'm gonna agree with Zenith on Alyssa. Canarosa isn't too strong of an ace, so it could stay. If people have major problems with it, then a Gorphibius with Nature Song would be an okay substitute.

As for Danny, having slightly lower levels is the way to go. I'm a little worried that Zenith's proposed team might be too easy, however. Maybe something like... Artiox, Blizzaram, Lapras, and Nevrimore? Not so weak that a good Fire-type could sweep, but not so strong that it could stomp on everyone.

2. Haas

Haas The Master of the Night Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    [22] :eucoala: [Overgrow]
    [23] :setista: [Water Absorb]
    [25] :leafeon: [Leaf Guard]

I think this is a good Alyssa team.

[27] :artiox: [Inner Focus]
    [28] :lepski: [Technician]
    [28] :lapras: [Shell Armor]
    [29] :nevrimore: [Levitate]

And I think that this is a fine gym team too. I mean, we can always just change one Pokemon if this is too easy.

3. Phoenixsong

Phoenixsong Is okay. Obby is often used as punishment.

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Wallaro
    My main problem with that Alyssa team, and it might just be me, is that I feel like the OI league's officials should have an OImon as their ace wherever possible. Give the stuff that's unique to us top billing, you know? (Not sure whether this is currently the case with all of the leaders we've already revamped/that are still waiting, so whatever, I guess, but yeah.) I don't think canarosa is that big a deal—iirc it hasn't been buffed significantly (if at all) the way Danny's original team has and I don't recall people getting stuck on Alyssa the way they do on Dimitri and occasionally Cissy, so clearly it's not hard for people to deal with. Considering roost would be its most recent move and it's a stone evo, you can easily just say it... doesn't have roost. I'd rather canarosa stay, but if not then I personally would prefer gorphibius to leafeon.

4. Haas

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Well, if people have a problem with the Gym having a Starter do we want to put Leafeon first with a Gorphibius ace?

5. Roxas

Roxas Prince of the Stars Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    I really don't see the issue with Canarosa on Alyssa's team. As far as I remember it never gave anyone trouble in the past.

6. Chimera

Chimera Minor Junior Private Negative First Class

RePG:
    Profile:
    Fine with Canarosa if specified to only get Sonnest's moves up to level 21, thereby losing Roost (but keeping the trollish Leaf Tornado, which has a 50% chance to lower the target's accuracy...which is probably enough to make it an evil ace by itself). Also fine with replacing Eucoala...but not with Leafeon. That would give Alyssa two Pokémon with a BST of 525 or higher when the highest BST on Cissy's team was 450, and the other two Pokémon were unevolved. Maybe Gwinna or Psibian could fill that slot?

Mostly fine with Danny's team...except I'd replace Lepski or Artiox with Blizzaram, if only because I think Danny should get the Pokémon that can be an auto-Hail inducer (even if it's just by HA) on his normal team. Would either have to bump its evo threshold down to 28 (whichever one it replaced, it wouldn't be in the lead slot) or just shrug and live with having two Pokémon below evo threshold on his team. Or is Blizzaram/Lapras/Nevrimore still too strong for a 4th gym leader?

7. Timeblaze

Timeblaze I'm supposed to hold it by the sharp end, right?

RePG:
    Profile:
    Then how about these?

[22] :gwinna: [Pickup]
    [23] :setista: [Water Absorb]
    [25] :canarosa: [Leaf Guard] [Knows all of Sonnest's level-up moves to Lv. 21]

[27] :artiox: [Inner Focus]
    [28] :blizzaram: [Ice Body]
    [28] :lapras: [Shell Armor]
    [29] :nevrimore: [Levitate]

Danny having Blizzaram at this level range would make it a bit under-leveled, though. Ontlam could work, but it'd be pretty weak. I dunno, I don't think it's too big of a deal, but two under-leveled Pokemon might be an issue.

8. Zenith

Zenith No Ordinary Swordsman

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'd be okay with dropping Eucoala for either Psibian or Gwinna. Worth noting that both of them'll be getting some decent-sized edits for their Gen VI updates, though, so they won't have the same movepools (and in Gwinna's case, stat distribution) they currently have.

Why not just lower Canarosa's level to 24? Could make up for arguably being powerful for that point in the region.

I don't see the logic there. Why does he need to have a mon with a Snow Warning HA on his FS team? Can't we just throw one on his CA team regardless?

And besides, adding Blizzaram in would still give him three mons with a 490 BST or higher, at a point where the vast majority of players won't have three that strong. Not even the canon games have that many powerful mons on the team of a 4th gym leader, not even Erika or Ramos or Emerald Flannery.

9. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer FKA Neji

RePG:
    Profile:
    Quick question on Artiace why does it not learn any psychic moves if it's part psychic by level up?

10. Haas

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Look at its EPIC thread not the Orangeislands.net/dex/Artiace

11. Doof

Doof frogs are good Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    None
    /kicks
    I'm totally fine with TB's proposed Alyssa team, but I'm with Zenith on the issue of Danny's Blizzaram. I'd say just keep Lepski, it works just fine.

12. Haas

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Alyssa was already edited in the gym leader post so Danny was the only one that needed a final resolution and I would be fine just putting Lepski there