The City of Old

Discussion in 'Violet City' started by Haas, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Haas

Haas The Master of the Night Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    These buildings are so interesting!

I walked into the entrance to Violet City. The whole feel of the City was vastly different than what I saw in New Bark Town and in Cherrygrove City. The feel of the city was more...archaic in style. The buildings seemed to be taken straight out of the past of Johto. I started to look around to see if I could find out where the Gym is. I ended up finding the Pokemon Center first and could see the famous Sprout Tower in the distance.

Maybe I’ll decide to go there first for some training.

I walked into the Pokemon Center and healed my Pokemon before sitting at a nearby cafe in the Pokemon Center. I sat there with Baku and Yuki as they enjoyed some Pokemon Food. There were several other trainers sitting in the Center with their Pokemon too. Some of which I had never seen before. I was petting Yuki when I heard someone come up behind me. It was Mr. Pokemon again.

“Mr. Pokemon? What are you doing in Violet City?”

He laughed and pulled out a box. “Sorry but I completely forgot to give you these. They are many rare items I’ve collected over the years but I think they’ll have a better use in your hands.”

I opened the box to see there were 4 feathers and a plushie that resembled something I’d never seen before. The feathers each had a different color to them. One was a shining silver that seemed to be have absorbed the colors of the moon over the ocean. Another was a glittering gold that seemed to have absorbed the sun’s rays from the tallest peak in Johto. The other two had a different feel to them. One was a purple that had a disturbing presence that made the entire room feel darker whereas the other was a violet red that seem to radiate power.

“Wh-what are these feathers? And what is this strange plushie?”

Mr. Pokemon laughed as he started to walk away. “There are to increase your Pokemon’s potential. I suggest you make your way to Sprout Tower to test them out.”

“Well guys, I guess we are making our way to Sprout Tower.” I started to pack up and both Yuki and Baku were pumped up to fight against some new trainers.

We walked into the wooden tower and saw the giant swaying beam in the center. A sage walked up to us to welcome us to the tower.

“Welcome to Sprout Tower! We welcome all trainers to come train and improve their skills! If you want to train with us, please go up to the next floor to start their challenge.”

I thanked him and walked up to the next floor to start our challenge.

==========
    Sprout Tower: Floor 1

The wooden floor beneath me and my Pokemon creaked with each step. It felt sturdy enough to support us, but it was definitely aged. The giant column was still swaying in the middle.

"Ah, another challenger?" A bald man in a blue robe walked up to Baku, Yuki and me. He smiled and pulled out a Pokeball. "My name is Nico. Shall we get started?" He released a plant-like Pokemon out and it seemed to sway in rhythm with the tower's column. My Pokedex turned on to analyze the new encounter.

Bellsprout, the Flower Pokemon. It plants its feet deep underground to replenish water. It can't escape its enemy while it's rooted.

Yuki jumped out in front of me to take on the challenge. "Alright Yuki, let's start things off with your Ice Shard attack!"

Yuki formed the ice crystals around its fur and shot them out at the Bellsprout before the Sage could decide his next move.

palooka_120 likes this.
  2. Prophet of Wapachu

Prophet of Wapachu Unofficial Pokédex Coordinator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Yuki tossed a frozen shard of water forward, instantly dropping Bellsprout as soon as it took the field. The sage then sent out the fallen Pokémon's twin.
    [10]:male::huskii:40/40 [Slush Rush] {Speed: 24}
    [6] :male::bellsprout:27/27 [Chlorophyll] {Speed: 15}

3. Haas

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Yuki's Ice Shard hit Bellsprout and caused it to immediately fall over. "Alright good job Yuki!" I shouted, smiling as my Huskii was wagging its tail over its accomplishment.

The Sage returned the Bellsprout and pulled out another Pokeball. "That's very impressive for sure. Let's see if you can do it again." Another Bellsprout took the field and Yuki started to form an Ice Shard attack again.

"Let's show them another Ice Shard then!"

4. Mysterious

Mysterious 1337 Speaker News Crew

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    last one:

[6] :male::bellsprout: 27/27 [Chlorophyll]

5. Haas

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    The sage sent out another Bellsprout to face off against Yuki.

"You really don't have another Pokemon to use?" I asked, question the strategy of this sage.

He smiled. "These Bellsprout embody the ways of our life here. We don't choose our Pokemon based on strength alone."

"Fair enough. Yuki, another Ice Shard to wrap this up!"

palooka_120 likes this.
  6. Prophet of Wapachu

RePG:
    Profile:
    Nico bowed his head in defeat. "Well done trainer," he said gently. "Proceed further up the tower. I believe you will be able to endure through this trial."

Further up the tower, another sage was waiting.
    [6]:male::bellsprout:27/27 [Chlorophyll] {Speed: 15}
    Later:
    [7] :male::bellsprout:30/30 [Chlorophyll] {Speed: 17}
    [7] :male::hoothoot:31/31 [Keen Eye] {Speed: 18}

7. Haas

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    I thanked the Sage as Yuki and I ascended to the next floor. This floor was slightly bigger and had several Sages standing around. One of them turned to me and smiled.

"Ah, so you defeated Nico right?" He said to me, pulling out a Pokeball. "Let's see how you do against me then."

He sent out his first Pokemon, another Bellsprout.

"Man you guys and you Bellsprout..." I said, under my breath. "Alright then, let's show them what we are made of, Bak--" Before I could send Baku out of the field, Jika released itself from its Pokeball.

The Sage saw the time traveling Pokemon and looked shocked. "You are traveling with Celebi? That's quite the impressive feat!"

I didn't really know what to say back to him. I'd like to try to keep Celebi's presence hidden as much as possible but at least he wasn't making a big deal out of this all. "I'll show you the true power Celebi holds then."

Celebi started to create an orb of energy in its hand. At first it was a white light but it slowly obtained a light blue hue.

"Is that....Hidden Power? Well, alright then! Jika, use your Hidden Power attack!"

palooka_120 likes this.
  8. Prophet of Wapachu

RePG:
    Profile:
    Celebi easily dropped the first Bellsprout with Hidden Power.
    [8] :celebi:41/41 [Natural Cure] {Speed:28}
    [7]:male::bellsprout:30/30 [Chlorophyll] {Speed: 17}