Thank You

Discussion in 'Welcome to Paradise' started by Kitsune_XIII, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Kitsune_XIII

Kitsune_XIII Composer Ampereon

RePG:
    Profile:
    I just want to say Thank You to the community here. To everyone in it. Thank you for putting up with me at my worst points, for giving me much needed smacks on the nose, and for listening to me through all these years.

I know I've been one of the drama bombs in the community. I'm sorry for that. I only ever had what I thought to be the best interests of the site at heart. I'm sure some of my thoughts regarding that are wrong, and that sometimes the things I was arguing for were purely selfish and I'd just convinced myself that they were for the site. I'm sorry for those, too, even if I don't remember or am not certain what those thoughts were/are.

I know I've been really REALLY fucking insufferable in the past and I want to thank everyone, especially the former admins, TMM, and TX, for putting up with me during those times. Even though half of you have left the site, I want you to know how much I respect all of you. Especially TMM and Jan, TMM for helping me understand what I was doing wrong, and Jan for being my eternal rival in pretty much every possible argument and helping me get better through practice.

I know I can still go from 0-100 on the rage scale in an instant. I know that debating with me is still like debating with an iron wall. I cannot promise that these will ever stop. But I'm trying and I like to think that I've gotten better. That at the very least, I am capable of a civil debate until personal attacks are thrown in or people put words in my mouth, instead of flying off the handle the moment someone tells me 'no'. I'm sure I still come across as angry in my debates. I swear I'm working on it, and I thank everyone for their patience in that regard.

So thank you, everyone, for being there through all of my communication growing pains, through all of the rough spots. Thank you for the support and encouragement, for the frustrations and the rage, and for all of the opportunities to grow. Even though we don't all always get along, I'm glad to be part of this community.

2. Nonsensepanda

Nonsensepanda The best Panda Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
  3. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Thanks for putting up with me. Ragey debates are a two way street.

4. Roxas

Roxas Prince of the Stars Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    I saw your name and the title and I had a mini-heart attack 'cause I thought this was a retirement thread.

<3, I'm glad despite everything that's happened you're still around helping out. I'm glad you're apart of this small family we have here.

5. Angel Knight Phil

Angel Knight Phil Drag-on Dragoon

RePG:
    Profile:
    Glad our verbal sparring created positive results. Also thank you for standing up to me. I heard I was quite the jerk.

6. Kitsune_XIII

Kitsune_XIII Composer Ampereon

RePG:
    Profile:
    Indeed they are, and thank you for putting up with me. <3

D8
    I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry you like that!

Nah, I just had someone comment on something I posted on dA that... sort of made me realize how far I've come from where I used to be, at least as far as debates and arguments go. It doesn't feel like I've changed a lot, but when a stranger tells me they enjoy reading my debate/feedback posts because they think I portray my argument calmly and rationally so that even if they don't agree with my points, they respect them, it makes me think back to just... what, 5? short years ago, when most of what I was told about my arguments basically boiled down to "condescending and uses too much pathos" and...
    I realized how much things like all those giant chat arguments and EPIC helped me learn how to actually portray my arguments as rationally as I can, and... how much of a pain I must've been to deal with back then. ^^;

Someone had to xD But nah, you're cool. =3

7. Shanderraa

Shanderraa Preteen Meme Master Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    I love debates! Want to sometime?

8. Taav

Taav ಠ_ಠ

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Coppor/Bronzor
    np anytime

Lurking-outsider/nobody here just popping in to say that this was nice to see. Can't say I've interacted with you more than twice Kitsune, but I've seen my fair share of... explosive... drama and in my experiences, it usually ends with people never speaking to each other again and never quite letting go of things long after they lose importance. I lost one of my best friends that way, and I've seen it happen to others.

So good for you for owning up to weaknesses and working to improve them. The fact that you're still here speaks volumes about what you've overcome... I don't know what kinda feuds you guys have gotten into in the past, but I can certainly imagine. Thumbs up!

9. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer FKA Neji

RePG:
    Profile: