T.J.'s Little (not really) OI Minecraft Project

Discussion in 'The Studio' started by PokéNuva, Jul 6, 2014.

1. PokéNuva

PokéNuva Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Hey everyone! Your friendly neighborhood T.J. here!

So I started this thread because of a little computer game called Minecraft. I'm sure you've heard of it. In fact, I believe it's a hot topic here on OI. Anyways, I saw the thread Suzuran had made about a Minecraft server for the people here who enjoy both Pokémon, and said computer game. I then decided to make a Mod for all of us to have fun with; an Orange Islands Minecraft Mod. I intend for this Mod to have models of every Pokémon known to the members of OI, along with three (or more in some cases) textures for each of them. Regular, Shiny, and Pinkan will be the three main textures I create for each Pokémon model. I also plan on animating them, and giving them moves later.

Some other things I plan on making are the real Pokémon too. The reason I'm doing this is because I felt the Pixelmon Mod got much too detailed for how Minecraft looks. This could take a very long time, but help is always welcome, really how hard can modeling be if I can do it?

Another thing I want to do is make the regions for all of us to explore and have even more fun with. But that's a long term plan, and one I don't think I could do by myself.

So if you have any experience with anything to do with what I'm projecting here, you could always post a reply and I'll see what I can do. Another thing I welcome is ideas. Ideas on improving the Mod are something I hope you guys can help with as well. I don't know if I'll make this Mod public to people outside of OI yet. I probably won't.

Oh! Right! I have a model finished already.
    Ladies and gentlemen, I give you..

MC-Koaleaf ver. 1.0

2. IdlingSnow

IdlingSnow I'm a dirty idler

RePG:
    Profile:
    So, it'll basically be Pixelmon with OI Pokemon?

3. Shanderraa

Shanderraa Preteen Meme Master Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Hopefully just an add on, this could bring OI to a whole new level of fame.

4. PokéNuva

PokéNuva Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    It'll be better than Pixelmon.

And what do you mean by add-on?

Also, I have most of Eucoala finished. If you guys want to see it, I can show you.
    Another thing I could do is instead of updating them all individually, I could update them in their evo lines, but that would take more time.

~PokéNuva

5. Shanderraa

Shanderraa Preteen Meme Master Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    I can't model for the life of me, however i could help with stuff like what biome they spawn in.

6. PokéNuva

PokéNuva Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Have you tried modeling? It's really not too hard.. Again, I can do it, remember?

~PokéNuva

7. IdlingSnow

IdlingSnow I'm a dirty idler

RePG:
    Profile:
    What program do you use to model stuff?

8. oliverrook

oliverrook THE Fox Pokemon

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Pyroo
    Ok. PokeNuva? This is creepy. I was literally talking about this with my sister the day you posted this, at almost the same time. Also, it would be much easier if it were a pixelmon add-on. This is mainly because pixelmon doesn't play well with other mods that add in mobs, as it disables many of the vanilla spawns. If it were made as an addon to pixelmon, it would not only be compatible with it, it would allow for players to be able to use the other pokemon already in the mod as well. Trust me, I've been following the project almost since it first came out. You don't want to have to do all the work yourself. And, if you make it an official add-on, you'll probably get the added bonus of having a complete working system already set up for you, that you can use to easily make new pokemon to the game, rather than having to completely remake the system yourself. And, no matter what anyone says, you can mod minecraft to make it anyway you want. It's programming. Nothing is impossible if you can change the entirety of a program.

9. PokéNuva

PokéNuva Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    I use Techne.

And I'm sorry but I refuse to work with Pixelmon at all.. The models look wayy too detailed.. It really upsets me that they did that.. In my opinion, If there ever was (and there is) a Minecraft Pokémon Mod, the models should stay true to the game of Minecraft itself and look blocky.. This is a huge problem for Pixelmon and I..

And don't worry, I like the challenge of having to make an entire new system from scratch.

~PokéNuva

10. PokéNuva

PokéNuva Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Alright guys! I got Eucoala and all three of its textures done, finally.. Unfortunately, I can't show you yet, because I dropped my laptop and can't fix it right now.. And my desktop doesn't like Gyazo.. So until I get it fixed, I won't really be posting updates. I can still answer questions you might have though! Sorry for the inconvenience.

~PokéNuva

11. oliverrook

oliverrook THE Fox Pokemon

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Pyroo
    Um. The reason they made them less blocky was because some Pokemon started to look too similar to each other. Like I said, I've been following the project almost since day 1. I remember when they made that change.

12. PokéNuva

PokéNuva Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Eh.. It'll be a good challenge for me then.

~PokéNuva

13. PokéNuva

PokéNuva Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Alright, so.. The computer guy who was looking at my laptop finally, finally got back to me on its condition..

Good news, and bad news.
    Bad news is that the Hard Drive was destroyed so I need a new one, meaning I need to start over completely fresh.
    Good news is that the Hard Drive was destroyed so I need a new one, meaning I need to start over completely fresh.
    It just motivates me to do better this time around. Plus, I only got two pokemon done anyhow.
    So that's that. Thanks for reading, and I'll try and get Gyazo on this desktop so I may restart as soon as possible!
    I haven't given up.

~PokéNuva