Step One Onto Route 201

Discussion in 'Route 201' started by KabuKing, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    The sun was shining, the bird Pokémon were chirping, and there was not a cloud in the sky. Kayla looked up at her new trainer. He looked like he was deep in thought. Suddenly, he started walking forwards along Route 201. Kayla followed him, wondering what he was thinking about.

"Hey." Kayla looked up at Crim, startled. He was looking down at her. "What's your name?" he asked.

Kayla blinked, and stared at him with a look of puzzlement. Crim stopped walking, and kept looking at Kayla. She started to feel uncomfortable. From what she had heard, humans couldn't understand Pokémon...could they? A few moments passes with Crim still staring at Kayla, before she shrugged.

The little Koaleaf looked up at Crim, and said in that mysterious Pokémon language, "My name is Kayla."

There was silence as Crim continued to stare at Kayla. Then he abruptly looked up, and continued walking. Kayla was suprised at this reaction, but shrugged and caught up with Crim. The pair continued like that for a while, just walking along. Kayla heard Crim mutter, "Kayla. That's not a bad name."

Kayla stopped in her tracks. Crim stopped and turned to see what she was doing, and saw her staring at him with what looked like pure and utter confusion and shock. "Wha-" she was about to ask, when suddenly something came flying out at them from the bushes that were on either side of the path.

2. Malkier

Malkier Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Doomsay
    hey look, this little thing popped up to fight.

[4] :male: :siron: 22/22 [Hydration]

3. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???

Crim was knocked in the head by the flying Siron, and stumbled back muttering curses. Kayla quickly put herself bewteen her trainer and the Siron, and shouted at the Pokémon, "Hey! Back off!" The Siron just chuckled, and got ready for an attack.

"Kayla!" Crim shouted, holding his hand to where the Siron had hit him. "Scratch!"

4. Apple Juice

Apple Juice La di da

RePG:
    Profile:
    Water Gun was not good at all.

[6] :female: :koaleaf: 22/25 [Overgrow]
    [4] :male: :siron: 16/22 [Hydration]

5. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    Kayla shrugged off the pathetic Water Gun, and shouted at Crim, "You can really understand Pokémon?!"

Crim rubbed his head where the Siron hit him. "You really think now is a good time to talk about this?" Crim replied.

The Siron shot another Water Gun at Kayla, who dodged the attack with ease. Crim, who was standing directly behind her, wasn't so lucky.

"Yeah," Kayla said. "I really do." Crim spluttered, and wiped the water from his eyes. He scowled at the Siron, who seemed to be laughing at him. He ignored Kayla's comment, and instead ordered, "Kayla, Scratch."

6. Apple Juice

Apple Juice La di da

RePG:
    Profile:
    Siron's Water Gun barely fazed the Koaleaf, whose Scratch left Siron wondering why it wasn't that powerful.

[6] :female: :koaleaf: 19/25 [Overgrow]
    [4] :male: :siron: 10/22 [Hydration]

7. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    The Siron looked tired, and stopped a moment to catch a breather. Kayla used this moment to turn to Crim and say, "Look, If we are going to be traveling together, we might as well get to know each other."

Kayla glared at Crim, and continued, "And that starts with how you can understand me."

Crim had dried himself off, and looked at Kayla. He gave a low chuckle, and said, "Alright, but let's finish this battle first. Scratch once more please."

Kayla sighed, and turned to her opponent. The Siron looked tired, but was not about to give up the fight yet. Kayla readied herself to launch another scratch attack when Crim called behind her.

"Oh, but there is one more thing." Kayla turned and gasped when she saw the HallOIween props in his hands. "Oh, no way you are going to-" was all she could say before being promptly tackled into the ground by Crim. The Siron watched silently, but couldn't help but burst out into laughter when he saw the two stand back up.

[​IMG]

Kayla was not happy, but there was little she could do. Crim had tied the hat on too tight, and the basket was handcuffed to her wrist. She glared up at her trainer, and Crim only grinned. "Now," he calmly said. "Scratch please." Kayla turned to the Siron, who stopped laughing immediately when he saw the little Koaleaf brandishing the basket like a deadly weapon.

8. 5Cent

5Cent Resident Magician

RePG:
    Profile:
    [6] :female: :koaleaf: 16/25 [Overgrow]
    [4] :male: :siron: 4/22 [Hydration]

"You've gotta win this." Snow Villiers has faith in you. Whether that's a good thing or not is up to you.

9. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    Kayla looked ready to murder the poor Siron, but Crim stepped up and stopped her. She turned and growled at her trainer, "What do you want?" Crim rummaged through his pack, and pulled out a Poke Ball. Kayla stopped, and looked at the ball, then back to the Siron, and back to the ball. She faced the Siron, and smiled. The Siron, however, looked horrified. Before it had a chance to object, Crim threw the ball...

10. Haas

Haas The Master of the Night Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Alright! You caught Siron! New Data was added to the Pokedex!

"Siron, the Reef Pokémon. Siron live in colonies in warm shallow reefs. The are quick and shy, but are popular for beginning island trainers due to their abundance and bright colors."

...Yeah, never doing that again. Follower Check says no.

Next Wild:

[5] :female: :telaqua: 22/22 [Serene Grace]

11. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    Kayla had calmed down, and looked at the Pokeball in Crim's hand. Crim looked down at Kayla and smiled.

"I thought we could use some more partners in our adventure," he explained. "It would be difficult if it were just the two of us."

Kayla nodded in agreement, and hefted the basket in her hands. She said, "So, about that being able to understand me..."

As she was talking, Crim pressed the button on the Siron's Pokeball, releasing it. He looked around, and recoiled when he saw Kayla. Crim laughed, and patted the new member on the head. After calming the new member down, he sat down and looked at the two Pokémon.

He sighed, and then responded, "I honestly don't know. All I know is that I've been able to understand Pokémon ever since I born." This seemed to confuse Kayla, but before she could respond the Siron cut in.

"Wait, so you can understand us Pokémon?" Crim nodded his head. The Siron mulled this over for a moment before saying, "Sweet."

Kayla turned to him and asked, "You don't think this is strange or unnatural?"

The Siron shrugged as much as a seahorse could and said, "I never said that. I think that it's cool. It's not like it's a bad thing for him to be able to understand us anyways, is it?" The Siron turned to Crim and stated, "Oh, my name's Equos by the way."

Crim smiled. "Much obliged." Kayla shook her head, and sighed, "You two are just..."

Crim laughed, and said, "I guess that's something you have to live with."

Kayla looked at Crim with what seemed to be a mix of disbelief and resignation. Equos chuckled at her expense which earned him a glare from Kayla. The trio got up to continue on the route, before a Telaqua came flying from the bushes to smack into Crim's face. Crim fell over, and burst out swearing. Kayla and Equos burst out in laughter.

Kayla stepped up and said, "I've got this."

Equos came up behind Kayla and exclaimed, "Hey, I want to battle this one!"

Kayla turned to Equos, and shrugged. "It's yours," she responded.

Haas likes this.
  12. Haas

Haas The Master of the Night Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    I just realized I never added Siron to your Profile...oops. And more TL;DR posts are good! That's what this is about! Keep it up!
    And yeah, bait and switching works like that, it's like switching Pokémon but you can't attack with the new one.

[6] :female: :koaleaf: 23/25 [None] [Overgrow]

[5] :female: :telaqua: 22/22 [Serene Grace]

Bubble was crap.

{Siron Participated}

13. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???

Equos was about to jump into battle, but the Telaqua ignored him and went for Kayla.

"Hey!" Equos cried indignantly as Kayla was attacked with Bubble. Kayla took it like a champ, and muttered, "Okay, I guess it's me then."

Crim had gotten back up, and was nursing a bump on his head. "Kayla!" Crim called out. "Use Scratch!"

14. Kamina

Kamina Author

RePG:
    Profile:
    [6] :female: :koaleaf: 21/25 [None] [Overgrow][SPD-1]

[5] :female: :telaqua: 16/22 [Serene Grace]

Scratch hit nicely on the Telaqua who shuddered in pain(Is that even a thing?) who then shot back with a pretty weak Bubble. Which thanks to serene Grace lowered your Koaleaf's speed. Not that I think that'll effect the battle much.

15. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???

"Another scratch!"

16. Apple Juice

Apple Juice La di da

RePG:
    Profile:
    Bubble wasn't doing much for Telaqua except lower Koaleaf's speed, which in the long run would probably have no effect on the outcome of the battle.

[6] :female: :koaleaf: 19/25 [Overgrow] [-1 Spd]
    [5] :female: :telaqua: 10/22 [Serene Grace]

17. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    Kayla was starting to get annoyed by the multicolored bubbles bogging her down. It didn't matter though, as both Kayla and Crim knew that it wouldn't save the poor otter...cat...thing.

Crim yelled, "Scratch, Kayla!"

18. Kamina

Kamina Author

RePG:
    Profile:
    [6] :female: :koaleaf: 17/25 [Overgrow] [-1 Spd]
    [5] :female: :telaqua: 4/22 [Serene Grace]

This is getting into dangerous territory for Telaqua to either be defeated or become your newest minion.

19. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    "Alright, Kayla. One more Scratch should do it."

20. Apple Juice

Apple Juice La di da

RePG:
    Profile:
    One last Scratch from your Koala left the Telaqua knocked out on the ground. Koaleaf gains 40% EXP!

No on follower, and another otter came for revenge of its fallen brethren!

[4] :male: :telaqua: 20/20 [Serene Grace]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.