SPOILERS - Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pikang, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Pikang

Pikang Resident furry and fursuiter

RePG:
    Profile:
    I think this deserves its own topic, so I went ahead and mentioned "spoilers" in the thread title.

So, for those of you who missed it thus far, the new characters are Villager (the Animal Crossing Boy) Mega Man (from his own series, not the X one), and now, Wii Fit Trainer (an odd choice, but still, kinda a cool idea).

Stages are another Animal Crossing stage, something with Nintendogs, a LoZ Spirit Tracks stage, and two more generic arenas...am I missing anything?

Final Smashes are back, and we can already see Wii Fit Trainers's:
    [​IMG]

Thoughts?

2. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    I'm totally going to main Wii Fit Trainer just to piss everyone off.

3. Prophet of Wapachu

Prophet of Wapachu Unofficial Pokédex Coordinator

RePG:
    Profile:
    I was like "What?" when I first saw the Wii Fit Trainer, but I'm fine with it now just because of how funny I find it.

4. Kalinius

Kalinius Because I am a star dragon. That's why. Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    At first I was confused about WFT, but then I thought about ROB and GaW and was like, this fits perfectly within the Smash Bros Universe.

5. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    http://i.imgur.com/A7dYuka.jpg

New Fire Emblem stage seems pretty much confirmed by these stills. It's from Awakening, which might imply that we get a new Fire Emblem character. Most likely Chrom, but I'm hoping for Avatar so that FE gets a character with some ranged moves.

6. Phoenixsong

Phoenixsong Is okay. Obby is often used as punishment.

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Wallaro
    I haven't seen the trailers and don't quite feel like doing so right away, but something just feels kinda weird about a handheld SSB. I know there've been handheld fighters before, but even something like a Street Fighter has always seemed like a strange fit for a small screen. Super Smash Bros.? The game where the point is to punt people across an entire television, where you can run laps through massive areas like Hyrule Castle and New Pork City, where stuff is always falling from the sky and flying across the screen and exploding every thirty seconds? This they're trying to fit on a handheld screen? I dunno, maybe it works out better than I'm imagining it right now, but... I just don't know. Even if it does work out, I feel like some of the experience will be lost if it's not on a bigger screen.

Granted I'll probably be getting that one anyway because I'm just not going to bother with new systems at all for a while (not out of hate/fanboyism or even money but more out of crushing backlog and a growing preference for handheld anyway), full and glorious smack-someone-across-an-entire-tv-screen experience or no, but... I guess I'll have to hope they have a downloadable demo and try that out because it just seems weird.

New characters are mildly amusing, I guess, though the Animal Crossing humans have always creeped me out and frankly are a significant part of why I never bothered with the series. Call me if they make Isaac a playable character instead of just a trophy, but other than that... whatever, mostly. Though if they did include the Avatar, I wonder if you'd be able to choose between male and female or they'd just make you stick with one? Having both would be kinda cool.

7. Squirrelgate

Squirrelgate Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Cubble
    I actually predict Ike to be cut and both Chrom and Avatar to get in; FE's big enough of a franchise to have 3 characters, and Chrom fills the "latest lord" role while Avatar fills the "non-swordsman" role.

8. Joon

Joon Grief Clown

RePG:
    Wii Fit Trainer is honestly main material for me hands down

9. Leon Vane

Leon Vane Lift A Sail

RePG:
    Profile:
    If Wii Fit trainer is remotely good in competitive smash, I'm leaving the smash community. Just sayin'.

10. Roxas

Roxas Prince of the Stars Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wii Fit Trainer confirmed Earth Bender

Am I the only one who thinks she's kind of a cool addition?

11. Pikang

Pikang Resident furry and fursuiter

RePG:
    Profile:
    Why...? She's really awesome-looking. I agree with Roxas that she's a cool addition!

12. Suzuran

Suzuran Hope will never die!

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'm loving the Wii Fit Trainer just cause she's ridiculous and wonderful. Honestly, I'm really hoping Chrom gets in (Arena Ferox would be awesome as a stage), and I hope if they put in the Avatar the 3DS version can read your Awakening save files and use yours- because I'd totally love to beat people up with my lovely Ciara.

Honestly, if they're putting in Awakening things, I really hope these slightly spoilerific locations get turned into stages because that would be badass:
    Grima's back or the bones in front of Castle Plegia

13. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    [​IMG]

Arena Ferox confirmed. Likely to be a 3DS exclusive stage.

14. Roxas

Roxas Prince of the Stars Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    YEsssss

15. Timeblaze

Timeblaze I'm supposed to hold it by the sharp end, right?

RePG:
    Profile:
    So, is anyone else excited about Megaman? He's shaping up to be a very diverse character, with a ton of different attacks and a good mix between ranged and physical. I also like the huge arsenal spanning the series. I'll enjoy fighting with him.

Ms. Fit is looking to be a very balanced fighter.

As for Villager...

[​IMG]

That is all.

16. Chimera

Chimera Minor Junior Private Negative First Class

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'm guessing the difference between 3DS SSB and WiiU SSB will probably be a bit like the differences between, say, the original Halo on Xbox and on PC: 3DS (like the Xbox) has the smaller stages and more close-quarters (for lack of a better word) combat, while the WiiU (like the PC) has the larger-scale stages like Temple and New Pork City, and probably a bit more 'stuff' to work with (more items or trophies, maybe, like PC Halo's extra available weapons and vehicles). Then there's the possible differences in gameplay that come from having all of the players on separate screens: no idea how that will work, but it probably plays at least a little differently because of that.

Personally, I've always been atrocious at fighting games, but I enjoy playing Brawl with my similarly-skill-less (or maybe slightly better) friends, so the new SSB does at least intrigue me. Mega Man and the Villager look like more...complicated characters to play, ones with the complex combos and stuff that I can never understand (like Olimar in Brawl). But I'm firmly in the "WFT is a fun addition" camp - the quirky supporting characters are always fun - and she looks like a simple enough character to play against other people that don't know what they're doing, so that's always nice.

17. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Reddit seems to love the villager:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Leon Vane

Leon Vane Lift A Sail

RePG:
    Profile:
  19. Joon

Joon Grief Clown

RePG:
    Villager/Wii Fit Trainer OTP

20. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    I like how they are using the original Megaman instead of the later X versions. I wonder how many of his weapons he will use...and which ones are just part of his regular attacks. And is that Yellow Devil I see in the end of the Megaman trailer? Definitely intersted in the new Smash Brothers.

Also in regards to the WFT...dat Final Smash.