Quick Question!

Discussion in 'The Soapbox' started by Taav, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Taav

Taav ಠ_ಠ

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Coppor/Bronzor
    RPG-specific question/concern/clarification needed.

My character, Taavetti, is carving a path of destruction through Hoenn, and is at Slateport, based on the thread I posted yesterday.

However, it seems there is some confusion in regards to how to handle water routes. I am starting out fresh, and do not have surf. As such, I was under the assumption that I skip the water routes, as suggested here and here. This is how it works in the games, so this is how it works on OI, right?

Or... maybe not? Rachel Covaks was under the impression that this was wrong, and Pikang's threads in Routes 105-106 and 107-109 support this.

So... tl;dr version:
    1. Is skipping water routes correct/acceptable? (jumping from Route 104/Petalburg woods -> Dewford/Granite Cave -> Slateport)
    2. What exactly do you need, if anything, to access water routes (I'd assume the Surf HM, but I can't seem to find that sort of info anywhere).

Thanks a million guys. Again, I've looked through many of the information threads to see if I could find some answers myself, but I haven't really found anything substantial. I know I'm missing something here. Can someone throw me a bone?

2. Doof

Doof frogs are good Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    None
    Uh, I'd wait for official admin confirmation on this, but from what I understand you should go on the water routes. The two threads you referenced are from before Hoenn's revamp, and if you'll look at the wilds they're pretty low leveled and follow the curve of the surrounding areas.

3. ManBearTepig

ManBearTepig King of The North

RePG:
    Profile:
    We spoke about it in chat and you have to travel them. As Beardoof said, the wilds are that level for a reason :)

4. Taav

Taav ಠ_ಠ

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Coppor/Bronzor
    Okay, that makes sense. Thanks guys.

Not sure where that leaves me then. Do I have to backtrack to the first water route, or should I just delete/ignore the slateport thread and continue on the second water route?

(or perhaps, since this is an unusual scenario, could I simply go from Dewford -> 1st Water route -> 2nd Water route -> Slateport? This way, I would not have to reset to an earlier point, but still hit every route...)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  5. ManBearTepig

RePG:
    Profile:
    Just begin on the route you were supposed to be on, and then once you reach Slateport you can continue with that thread.

6. Doof

Doof frogs are good Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    None
    Backtrack and beat up some fish in the water routes, then you can go back on your way.

7. Pikang

Pikang Resident furry and fursuiter

RePG:
    Profile:
    Just out of curiosity and to add onto this: would that mean I didn't have to do Sea Mauville after all? o.o

8. ManBearTepig

RePG:
    Profile:
    I think the whole point now (after the revamp) is that you do it in the order the threads are in now.

I could be wrong, but as we said, the levels are lower so I doubt it's something for later on.