Questions about some currently unavailable information

Discussion in 'The Soapbox' started by Phoenixsong, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Phoenixsong

Phoenixsong Is okay. Obby is often used as punishment.

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Wallaro
    Few things, most of them kinda-sorta related to one another:

1. What are the rules for starting in Decolore? Minimum two badges in at least one region, I know, but I'm asking more about using Pokémon you already have from another region once the rival battle is over. Or, more generally, the overall Fresh Start/Continued Adventure rules, which I don't think have been moved over yet (and if they have, they may be from outdated threads rather than whatever reflects any recent changes). Is it still just that you have access to any PC pokémon at or below the level of the strongest you have in the new region? What was decided about item access from other regions, since I know that did change at some point a few years ago but I don't remember the details? (Can I bring my impending venolong egg, or would I have to wait for it to hatch for it to be eligible? :p )

2. I'm sure they're written up somewhere, but what exactly are some of the class battle styles? Tacticians, in particular—what do they actually do? Currently all we have are the benefits the class can receive, but no information on how a tactical battle actually plays out; that makes it kind of hard for me to know whether I want to be one, lovely tempting FE references aside. Would it be possible to prioritize making that information public somewhere, both for the sake of explaining the completely new thing and for stuff like chase battles, which were explained on the old site but iirc that information is not visible in any up-to-date format on the current site? It'd be nice to have a reference for those, especially when you're required to choose a class to continue in Decolore.

I know there's already a lot of work going on to move over wild lists and shop threads since apparently XenForo doesn't support the "forum notes/rules/whatever" that allowed us to avoid threads before; I just think it would be helpful to prioritize some of this information, since it's particularly important with the release of a new region and new mechanics!

Speaking of new mechanics, my third question:

3. Do we actually need to have a key stone + mega item (i.e., complete the "Transcending Evolution" mission) to be able to mega-evolve? I've seen some people using mega evolutions who don't appear to have done that sidequest, and so I'm a little confused.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

2. Haas

Haas The Master of the Night Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    And by edit I mean post a new post so you get the notification and then delete the old one.

1. Decolore follows the regular FS rules. And if they were a thread then it was automatically moved over but I guess Roxas and I could post a new one by later tonight/tomorrow. From what I understand is that you have access to anything 5 levels above your highest and items are available after badge one.

2. I know mechanics for everything were typed up and I was 95% sure they were moved into the public's views (in RPG discussion, I thought)

3. The mega evolution thing was because we didn't have a mega item mission so they wasnt a way to mega evolve but now you /must/ have a key stone.

Any other questions?

3. Phoenixsong

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Wallaro
    That clears most of it up, yeah, thanks.

And yeah, I do see the threads now. They got kind of buried and aren't showing up as unread for me, whoops. Sorry for that! (The formatting's a little wonky due to the conversion, but it's mostly readable.)

Actually, an additional question, though: Is EXP all/share included in the one-badge restriction? Only you and Roxas seem to be using yours (unless that "ON" is from a previous region and just hasn't been updated) and aren't quite that far yet.

ALSO, grah. So does an egg count as a level 1 pokémon that I can bring over, then, or does it count as an item?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  4. Haas

Haas The Master of the Night Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Egg counts as level 1 Pokemon since it would hatch and you would be doing it anyways. The EXP All is kind of weird but for the most part I'd consider it a Key Item that stays with the profile through all of the regions, but that's subject to change. And Decolore is a bit wonky since you start with level 15 so that's why we were more okay with the EXP All transferring.

5. Phoenixsong

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Wallaro
    Okay, that makes sense. Thank you!