Project Plot Promo

Discussion in 'RPG News & Discussion' started by Joon, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Joon

Joon Grief Clown

RePG:
    This is a little scheme I've been cooking up for a little while, and I'm not sure how well it's going to work. Anyways, my contribution to Project RevOItalization is a promo for promo thread! I can see you cringing from across the internet, but I swear this is a good idea. Why do we write? Because we are creative people and want a vehicle for our creativity. We all love, keep up with, and discuss each others' plots instead of just jerking off our own threads, right? Wrong. Mostly. Activity has become really stagnant as, ever since the end of the last plot, we haven't been pleasure reading each others' RP threads. 'cuz of this, I'd assume there are fewer incentives to write creatively, since no one's gonna read it anyways. That's why I've designed this project to incentivize creative writing.

The way it works is simply shamelessly promoting yourself.

However, in order to do this, you have to promote someone else's.

The catch to this is that you can't do the same person until you do two other people. So while this is essentially reallyl shoddy, I'm hoping you guys'll try this out and, please, give feedback on how I can improve this.

2. Leon Vane

Leon Vane Lift A Sail

RePG:
    Profile:
    Since a few people have said in the chat that they don't understand, allow me to do an actual example with real links.[hr]

I haven't had much time to work on my plot this summer semester, but my Orange Islands and Orre sidequest plot essentially revolves around my character being a family member of Wes from the Pokemon Colloseum game. To save time, the RP posts of my adventure can be found in my signature. I hope that people will read them and possibly offer some critique on areas I can improve upon.

As for promoting an adventure, I'd like to give a shoutout to my Holon article partner, HTMLosapien. He's fighting his rival battle in Azalea Town.
    http://orangeislands.net/forums/topic/4240-chapter-9-crashing-the-glass-hive/#entry129961

3. Kitsune_XIII

Kitsune_XIII Composer Ampereon

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'm going to assume that we can shamelessly promote other people's adventures and say go read Pandamonium's adventure. Not necessarily that part, but any part you can find, go read it.

My own adventure's writing is spotty, but I would love for for people to read it anyways. Picks up again here.

4. Joon

Joon Grief Clown

RePG: