Paradise Lost: An Alolan Mafia - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Game Corner' started by Doof, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    I think Panda is Trumbeak based on this pokedex info

By bending its beak, it can produce a variety of calls and brand itself a noisy nuisance for its neighbors.

So I think he is a townie if my hunch is right. Not sure who to lynch was looking back and trying to figure out if anyone fit the bill of savagely beating.

2. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    The clue is more likely to be related to role than person. If I had to guess, Bewear or maybe Incineroar would be who I think did the killing based on the savage beating, but there's no way to tie it to a person yet.

3. Nonsensepanda

Nonsensepanda The best Panda Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Im also just gonna say that fresh mex was targeting Taav last night

4. Mysterious

Mysterious 1337 Speaker News Crew

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    While panda is a alolan pokemon how many do Ca Caw. The starter is an owl. The fire bird is based on a..... HAWK and there is a toucan. So my best bet he is the hawk.

It could also refer to help or danger. Using a code word.

5. 8-bit Fate

8-bit Fate Doot Master

RePG:
    Profile:
    This could also him throwing us off of an investigation, hmmm?

6. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Can't lynch based on that sadly cause her ability didn't show what faction or what they were doing

7. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Yeah I think lynching Taav would be jumping the gun a bit. Mex was the one who targeted Taav, so it seems like unless Taav has some kind of self defense role, Taav wouldn't be implicated here.

8. Mysterious

Mysterious 1337 Speaker News Crew

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    So if TMM fainted does that mean he cant speak this day?

9. 8-bit Fate

8-bit Fate Doot Master

RePG:
    Profile:
    Well how experienced is taav?

10. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Taav is a good player from my experience, but I'm not sure what that would change about this situation

11. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    So I know this may be out of the way but I say we Lynch SR he was arguing the most with Mex and Mex was kinda pointing things out to him and seemed was a beef with them to me more so than anyone else. I know that isn't the strongest evidence but its the best I can come up with atm.

12. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    I'm not sure if a vet player like SR would target a newer player that he was arguing with, seems like it would be too obvious.

Interested in seeing SR's response though. I don't really have any great leads at the moment, this choice of kill by the mafia just has me very perplexed tbh.

13. Master of Grass

Master of Grass The Angel of Music

RePG:
    Profile:
    I think the logic was more that Taav could've had Mex killed by the mafia in order to get rid of the target. Still, I don't know that that's enough to warrant lynching.

14. Shanderraa

Shanderraa They/Them Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    I am also an alolan.

On one hand SR is potentially a mafia, but on the other hand I feel like Doof wouldn't get an experienced mafia player in that role, seems kinda unfair imo

15. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Shand roles are usually RNG'd so

16. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Yes roles are almost always totally rng'd so fairness probably wouldn't play in to that.

17. Master of Grass

Master of Grass The Angel of Music

RePG:
    Profile:
    Yeah, Mex isn't a vet and there's no way the mafia could know anyone's roles so early in the game, so it seems like this would have to been a kill to keep a target off the mafia's back. Mex was opposed to SR and AKP during the lynch-no lynch debate, called out the quiets, and also specifically called out Stygg after the joking TMM lynch. These are the only people I can think of who would have the motive to kill.

18. Prophet of Wapachu

Prophet of Wapachu Unofficial Pokédex Coordinator

RePG:
    Profile:
    I was arguing that there are good reasons to lynch day 1, and more so to understand different people's philosophy on mafia. I had no intention of lynching unless I felt like I had a fairly good reason to (which I was hoping somebody would notice).

Granted I was arguing with Mex, but I was not alone in doing so. To me, the kill seems like an attempt to throw the lynch in the direction of somebody who had a different viewpoint than Mex, because that's the easiest conclusion to jump to. I think the mafia was a bit more subtle or neutral yesterday.

19. Taav

Taav ಠ_ಠ

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Coppor/Bronzor
    Well, it's not like I can confirm or deny that I was investigated last night by Mex, but I am rather interested in how Panda knows this. If they can know who targeted who in the night, then that makes their role functionally identical to Mex's. I'm willing to believe that there could be multiple 'watchers' in this game, especially considering that they don't have the full power of investigators/seers. The only thing that bothers me is why Panda would provide this info... it serves as a suggestion without any hard evidence and that worries me a bit. Further more, if Panda's town, then they just revealed their role to mafia without gaining anything. Suspicious.

I think I can explain why Mex investigated me though. After all, I was the most passive in expressing my favor for a day 1 lynch, so I can see how I'd become suspicious. That could be seen as a way to hop on the lynching bandwagon day 1 without drawing too much attention to myself. SS and Wapachu were also in favor of day 1 lynching, but they were more outspoken about the issue. I was personally hoping that we could save a town by not lynching, then make up for the missed opportunity by making use of a clue, but as I suspected this was not the case.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, we're rapidly approaching the halfway mark for day 1, and so far the only candidates are myself and SR, neither or which is particularly founded but we also can't afford to not lynch today. I'm gonna throw another possibility onto the table just to keep things fresh: Lynch Ciela

A couple reasons for this. First off, my intention is still predominately to put some pressure on people who aren't talking, not to start a bandwagon. Ciela has posted only once, and that post didn't provide any discussion or speculation, an act that could definitely be seen as lying low. They also are a newer member here, from what I gather, which meets the two criteria I've been searching for (new to OI mafia and not posting much). Also, I feel there could be an actual motive, since Mex noted a general suspicion of people keeping quiet, and by killing Mex they could be pinning myself, SS or Wapachu as lynch candidates. It's a win-win scenario with zero risk involved.

So, no ill will of course, but I'm going to require some adequate defense before I change my mind on this.

20. Roxas

Roxas Prince of the Stars Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    This is an extremely weird mafia kill. Mex seems like an odd choice for a first kill and they just happened to get really lucky.

I'm also an Alolan Pokemon, so I think it's safe to say we're all Alolan Pokemon.

I think the goal here with Mex's killing is to put us vets in a state of "what??" so we can't put a clear pinpoint on their motives.

Also what Taav said. What Thomas said seemed kind of odd. What kind of role does he have? First of all. And why would he just say that nonchalantly. It's kind of an odd thing to do. I'm in agreement that it's a suspicious (and possibly careless) move.