Paradise Lost: An Alolan Mafia - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Game Corner' started by Doof, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Master of Grass

Master of Grass The Angel of Music

RePG:
    Profile:
    I actually meant to put that in my post and completely forgot because I had so many thoughts to deal with. I've only played I think four mafia games on this site, but I play Town of Salem regularly, and I do know that lynching your own people when they've been caught red-handed is like Mafia 101. Shand revealing himself as a mayor-type role completely changed the game, and turning on SS to get him killed presents a clear path to victory. I'm obviously the suspicious one going into today, so if you could get everyone to lynch me today and then killed one of the two practically confirmed townies tonight, you'd have a solid to guaranteed chance of victory.

2. Master of Grass

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'll note that it's convenient you picked now of all times to make your role sound less vague. I got a very different impression of how it worked based on the prior description of it than I am now.

3. Kalinius

Kalinius Because I am a star dragon. That's why. Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    I wouldn't say his description earlier was vague at all, but after Justin's fake roleclaim I would not be surprised to hear that someone else had made a fake role claim as well to try and explain themselves. However something that seems odd to me is that you list him as being either Mimikyuu, Wimpod or Golisopod. We already know who Mimikyuu is and the description of his ability doesn't sound anything remotely like that.

In addition I don't understand the logic you have behind your ability. If you have something that can detect threats that are out at night it shouldn't matter whether they are roleblocked or not, they'd still be out. Holding on to such a good ability until this late in the game isn't just irresponsible to the town, its down right stupid.

If you died early on because mafia randomly picked you the ability goes to waste. I don't bye it.

Lynch Master of Grass

4. Master of Grass

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'm not sure how you misinterpreted that so heavily. I wasn't saying he is one of those three, I was trying to get across that the description Amerac gave at the time (a one-time escape from death) could easily have been interpreted by anyone at the time as one of the three. I know you obviously went to Wimpod, as you mentioned the other day, but I was always getting a Mimikyu vibe from the original description he gave when first asked why he was out of breath that he could protect himself once at night. On the surface it's far more in-line with in-game ability Disguise, which literally protects you from a hit once. Obviously I didn't know the description for the Mimikyu role or even that there was a Mimikyu in the game, so that wouldn't have affected what happened day 4, well before Mimikyu was even revealed to all of us. I was just trying to get across that a vague description of a one-time safety was the perfect balance between three separate Alolan abilities, making it the safest possible thing to roleclaim if you describe the role but don't actually tell anyone who you are.

I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from with the nighttime thing, because nighttime is literally for sleep. If someone in the mafia is roleblocked and can't do anything, they wouldn't be out. Otherwise the ability would just instantly tell me who all of the threats in the game are. That's definitely not how my role works. Anyway I did actually attempt to use it night 1 after I was on the no lynch side and told everyone to wait for clues, which didn't seem to go over well, but I got roleblocked. I'm sure this was a mafia roleblock (I assume Amerac, like I previously mentioned) since SR targeted SS night 1 and then me night 2, but after that I basically just gave up on using it until roleblockers weren't as much of an issue, and I played a pretty low-key game from then on which the mafia seemingly kept me alive because of as a bigger target. I know enough about mafia to know that they keep unknown quantities alive and I've been keeping myself an unknown quantity for most of the game obviously, since I was the last person to roleclaim. I don't think the situation is as simple as use the single-use power ASAP especially after it failed but I'll admit I have always been bad at timing in these games.

5. Pan_Demi_Ciela

Pan_Demi_Ciela 4/4

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Pyroo
    I've been suspicious of Amerac since early on because he voted to lynch me quite a few times, and something that bugs me is that Golisopod is a presumed townie, but a Golisopod could just as easily be a mafia pokemon. And if it's a once per game ability I can sort of understand holding on to a bad-guy radar until near the end of the game. (after being roleblocked early on) I want to hear more discussion, especially from MBT, but before I go to bed tonight I will make a vote, unless one has already been reached. Right now I am leaning toward lynching Amerac though, and want to ask Kal why he's lynching MoG instead, MoG is very suspicious too, I'm just curious as to what tipped the decision in that way.

6. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    So out of all the Lynch's but one I have defenddd townies that were lynched by the majority I admit I screwed up with 8 bit but I defended our second cop I pointed out last lynch was a trap to kill Shand and defended him lynching a mafia if I were mafia would I have done all that

7. Pan_Demi_Ciela

Pan_Demi_Ciela 4/4

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Pyroo
    I would have done it if I were mafia, just like MoG said it's in the mafia's best interest to turn on one of their own if they've been exposed in some way. As far as I'm concerned this also includes bandwagons that luckily happen to hit the nail on the head.

8. Kalinius

RePG:
    Profile:
    So you admit to lying about how you used your ability already. Yea that's not something I can trust. If you were trying to make a legitimate claim there would be no reason to leave out that you were role blocked initially since that would be good information to provide to us. Additionally, it seems quite convenient to all of a sudden have this ability be used to save the town in the nick of time.

SS already used that last day, it didn't work then and it won't work now. My lynch stands.

9. Pan_Demi_Ciela

Pan_Demi_Ciela 4/4

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Pyroo
    I have to agree, Lynch Master of Grass.

10. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Alo I stopped lynching you when you were confirmed townie Ciela, I could have lynched Shand and killed him but I choose to kill SS cause I knew shand wasn't lying and he was being tricked cause once the vote was done a majority he was dead.

11. Pan_Demi_Ciela

Pan_Demi_Ciela 4/4

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Pyroo
    The last few days of a mafia are kind of crucial, and don't really work if every remaining member doesn't participate, could we get a slight time extension and start a manhunt for MBT to get him in here?

12. Doof

Doof frogs are good Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    None
    The hammer had been reached. Just like the day before, it only took three people to form a majority, successfully subduing MoG and stringing them up in the gallows. Their fervent accusations towards Amerac were ignored, and the four remaining townspeople waited anxiously as the Master of Grass breathed their last breath and the smoke dissolved to reveal...

The town cheered. That was now three mafiosos down, and although the problem of their anonymity still remained, the few of them that remained could rest easy knowing that they were a bit safer.

Night Seven has begun. You have 48 hours to send me any night-time actions you can perform.

13. Doof

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    None
    Considering that when they went to sleep there were only four villagers remaining, it wasn't hard to tell who was missing and why. After an hour or so it became apparent that Ciela wasn't there, and any hopes that she might have just overslept were dashed when the remaining three entered her cabin and found her dead, clearly recognizable as....

Amerac, Kalinius, and ManBearTepig lock eyes. There was a murder last night and one of them was the killer. The air was thick with tension, and time was running out.

Day Nine has begun. You have 48 hours to reach a consensus on who (if anyone) you'll lynch. Good luck!

14. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Well Its down to us three and only me and Kal have been active, I am wanting to lynch MBT but I still want to hear a roleclaim from them.

15. ManBearTepig

ManBearTepig King of The North

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'm Pyukumuku and my role means that when I die, whoever has the final say (whether it be the hammer vote, or a mafia member) also dies along with me. (Kind of like 8bit, but I cannot choose who dies) I think whoever is mafia between you had investigated me and knew this so you decided not to kill me during the night because you knew that you would also die if you I was to be killed.
    I apologise for not talking during the day last time, but I stopped getting notifications for the post again which has happened a bit for some reason.
    Now I believe 2 starters have been killed, I don't know if Popplio? or whichever starter hasn't been mentioned is in the game, it's very plausible that Doof put 2 starters in to throw people off and given someone a fake roleclaim, which Kal has claimed, to being the last remaining starter. I also believe Amerac claimed Wimpod, evolving into Golisopod. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Here's what I think, I believe that TMM went after Amerac because they are both mafia, they both agreed during the night to target each other because whoever came out alive would be almost certified town and the remaining townies wouldn't think that they were part of the mafia because of them targeting a member of their own team. Am I wrong? Maybe. Is Popplio even in the game? I don't know. Do either of you have any input?

16. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Well let's say you are right I know I am townie and if your ability works that way if Kal lynches you town wins so Lynch MBT beisdes we already had a role with an ability very similar to that so I find that a weak roleclaim

17. ManBearTepig

ManBearTepig King of The North

RePG:
    Profile:
    & if Kal lynches me, then 2 townies potentially die and you win as Mafia.

Lynch Amerac

18. Kalinius

RePG:
    Profile:
    Welp. Here goes.

Lynch MBT

19. Doof

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    None
    It didn't take long for the three remaining villagers to decide who among them was the traitor. With very little resistance MBT was brought to the gallows, and soon after their corpse was identified as....

Suddenly it seemed as though the sun shone a bit brighter. The smog surrounding the village cleared away, and Kalinius and Amerac were able to look at each other clearly as....

It felt like a great weight had been lifted from the town. They laughed, somewhat sadly because of all the friends they lost the way, but triumphantly because they were both alive. It would take a bit, but the town could be rebuilt.

The town wins!

20. Doof

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    None
    Ok game over woo!!! I made a few mistakes hosting and knowing what I know now I may have done things a little differently but overall it could have gone a lot worse! Feel free to discuss here if you'd like, next game will be probably soon.