Paradise Lost: An Alolan Mafia - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Game Corner' started by Beardoof, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Shanderraa

Shanderraa Preteen Meme Master Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Well mine is provable, so...

2. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

RePG:
    Profile:
    It's also just as disprovable. And mine is provable by association.

3. Shanderraa

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Sure, but at the end of the day (literally at the end of this day) we will know for sure that I have double lynch votes, or else I'll be dead. If I'm not, then I'll probably die tonight for some definite proof of my role, and from then you'll be lynched.

4. SilentSentinel

Top Poster Of Month

RePG:
    Profile:
    Except when you die today, you'll be exposed as Lycanroc-Midnight. And then we'll root out the rest of you.

5. Amerac

Amerac Demi-Moderator Demi-Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    So what are the lynch votes at now I am willing to go along with this just need the numbers

6. Amerac

RePG:
    Profile:
    Wait this plan will not work cause once the 4th vote is done the lynch happens iirc there will be no chance for the other to vote to tie it

7. Shanderraa

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    That's fine, if SS is so confident that I don't have it he'll be willing to go first, since he won't get lynched

8. Amerac

RePG:
    Profile:
    I am going with shand lynch ss

9. Shanderraa

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Aight cool one more vote for SS and he won't get lynched since I don't have this power, then everyone else votes for me and I get lynched cause SS is one too few, according to him at least

10. Shanderraa

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Be sure to not vote for me until the last vote comes in, as doing so will lynch me before the "not enough votes" is proven by Doof

Again, this is all what SS believes

11. Shanderraa

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    wait hold on i miscounted sorry we have enough now

12. SilentSentinel

Top Poster Of Month

RePG:
    Profile:
    [​IMG]

H
    E
    H

N
    O
    T
    H
    I
    N

P
    E
    R
    S
    O
    N
    E
    L
    L

K
    I
    D
    !

13. Shanderraa

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
  14. Beardoof

Beardoof frogs are good Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    None
    SilentSentinel and Shanderraa glared at one another. Both asserted their innocence and the others' guilt, but neither had any evidence. A mob was formed, moving back and forth between the sides before a majority of the town settled behind Shand. Two more moved behind him, and although he didn't exactly have a true majority it was enough. A hammer had been reached. Screaming and shouting, SilentSentinel was lynched. The smoke dissipated, and he wasn't exactly wrong. He was Lycanroc, but....

The town cheered uproariously. That was two mafia dead, and the exhausted town was in good spirits. The sun set, and they could only pray that nothing bad would happen through the night.

Night Seven has begun. You have 48 hours to send me any night-time actions you can perform.

15. Beardoof

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    None
    Update: For like three minutes the mafia quicktopic was in that post. If anyone did happen to click it please like... Let me know and we may or may not have to end the game in a draw. My bad y'all.

16. Beardoof

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    None
    It wasn't hard to find the missing villager this time around. After Shand's dramatic confrontation with SilentSentinel the night before and the display of his powers, it was accepted among the five remaining townies that he probably met his doom. Sure enough, upon entering his hut they found Shand dead on the floor, recognizable as....

The town was silent, grim even. The mafia had not yet been defeated, and there were very few of them left. Time was running short.

Day Eight has begun. You have 48 hours to reach a consensus on who (if anyone) you'll lynch. Good luck!

17. Kalinius

Kalinius Because I am a star dragon. That's why. Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Alrighty then so after what has transpired during the previous day here is the conclusions I have come up with. Ciela and myself are townie, Amerac I am presuming to be a townie though his role could just have been lied about. Now, based on what we have seen so far I am most suspicious of MBT and MoG.

MBT was very quick to jump on the Shand lynch train, which while SS did make a rather convincing argument in favor of, he also agreed with my statement that MoG could potentially be mafia. I doubt he would implicate his own team member as well. This then leads me to SS's fake claim of Turtonator. The ability he described could easily exists and having seen Doof use an ability already with a Pokemon I think SS simply used another mafia member's ability and used it as Turtonator. When you faint Pyumuku it deals damage back, so most likely in this game it would kill someone who has attempted to lynch him.

However before I place my lynch, I would like to hear from @ManBearTepig and also receive a role claim from @Master of Grass

Kalinius - Popplio (Townie)
    Ciela - Litten (Townie)

Amerac - Wimpod/Golisopod (Presumed Townie)
    MBT - Pyumuku (Presumed Townie)
    MoG - ??? (Unknown)

18. Master of Grass

Master of Grass The Angel of Music Demi-Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    (Sorry for the delay/the crazy long post, I just had a lot of thoughts I had to compile and I had to organize them)

Alright y’all, first off I wanna apologize for yesterday mafia time. I was at work when shit went down and didn’t even have a chance to check things before the lynch was finished. I know it seems suspicious that I miss the day when we finally lynch a member of the member of the mafia, but it’s my experience that who voted to lynch who is almost never as important as everyone expects it to be. This applies just as much to the people that I did actually vote to lynch. Keep in mind that the mafia is always the minority, so we as a town have to make up the majority of any lynch votes for a townie, and none of us are immune to the mafia manipulating us into lynching townies. If anything, I think my lynch record shows my devotion to the town. Everyone I voted to lynch was suspicious, and I will note that at least two of the townies I voted to lynch, you did as well, DF. These votes should not determine anything. Anyone familiar with the game should know that the votes are easily manipulated by the mafia. As for my inactivity, I’ll say this again: I don’t really understand where this came from. I was very active at the start of the game, and yes, I admitted previously that there were two days where I was completely missing, but as I already said, it wasn’t me being quiet, it was me not actually being here. Not to mention I was just flipping through the pages in this topic and there were many where you didn’t post at all. I don’t really think it matters either way. Mafia players know better than to keep suspiciously quiet as a member of the mafia.

As for my role, the reason I didn’t claim any sooner was because I had yet to use my ability and if I claimed before using it, I would’ve been dead the next day. I’m Kommo-o, and basically once per game I can jingle my scales to find Pokemon who aren’t scared of me and thus are a threat, which seems to be code for mafia. I hadn’t used this ability up until now because I honestly thought the town was in a good position and kept saving it. That’s why I voted to lynch people later confirmed to be townies; because I genuinely thought they were the best chance of being mafia and consistently thought we as a group were on the right track. Of course additionally, my understanding is that it only works if a threat is actually out and about, and there seems to have been at least one night where the mafia were prevented from killing anyone, so I didn’t want to waste it at the wrong time. Last night I used my ability, and the name that came up was Amerac. Shand unsurprisingly was murdered last night and I suspect Amerac was the one to do it.

As for other evidence against Amerac, the revelation that SS was mafia as well as what his role was has made me far more suspicious of him, and I’ll explain why. For starters, based on what we see of SS’s role and knowing that SR roleblocked SS on both night 1 and night 3, I suspect that SS attempted to murder someone night 3 and was prevented by SR. In the post starting day 4, Amerac noticeably showed up to the scene out of breath, and several people questioned why that was mentioned. He gave a vague description of his role, suggesting that he could escape death, but I’m no longer convinced that his role was triggered. SS convinced us not to lynch him based on SR potentially saving him night 1, but we now can reasonably assume that he attempted to kill someone night 1 and was stopped by SR, leaving only an SK kill. I think it’s also reasonable to assume that SS attempted to kill someone again on night 3, and was again stopped by SR, leaving me suspicious of Amerac claiming that he was attacked. The SK was already dead by that point, and I’m not convinced the mafia even had a kill opportunity that night, so why was his supposed role triggered?

What I believe happened is Amerac was doing something else that night that lead to that hint, and after everyone called him out for it being suspicious, he fabricated a story that someone had attempted to murder him, knowing that SS went for a kill during the night and was stopped, and using that to his advantage to convinced everyone the mafia was after him, which would also make SS’s story that the mafia tried to kill him on night 1 and SR protected him much more believable. I think it’s convenient that the role description Amerac gave us potentially lines up with three separate Pokemon/abilities in the Alola region. Alola introduced Mimikyu with Disguise, Wimpod with Wimp Out, and Golisopod with Emergency Exit, so the way I see it this is literally the safest roleclaim possible in an entirely Alola-based mafia game, especially considering that he didn’t actually confirm which of the three he is, which is odd considering we could all pretty much assume he was one of those anyway based on the description he gave. I believe he was vague intentionally so that if someone were to claim one of those roles, he could easily just claim one of the other ones. I see no other reason why he would describe such an obvious role and then not tell us who he was. Additionally, I noticed that SS earlier in the game pointed out his belief that Alolan Raticate would be perfect for a Godfather role in this game. I believe he used actual information he had from the mafia when hinting this and that Alolan Raticate is in fact the godfather of the mafia, and based on how many of the townie roles are classic roles combined with each other as well as how honestly powerful so many of the townie roles have been, I think it’s likely that the godfather of this game has his own ability. Something important I noticed about Alolan Raticate is that, because it is very fond of berries and eats much more than its regular counterpart, it loses the Run Away ability. I can’t imagine a Wimpod being very out of breath considering how much running they must be doing all the time, but I can absolutely see an Alolan Raticate doing something shady during the night and getting to the town meeting late and out of breath due to its size.

I can’t prove to y’all that I’m innocent 100%, but I know I am and everything I’ve done so far has been for the perceived benefit of the town. I recognize my activity levels and lynch record might seem suspicious on the surface, but I sincerely hope the mafia doesn’t win this game based on something so easy for them to use to their advantage. We've all helped kill townies. It sucks, and I wish I could unlynch them, but I can't. What I can do is continue acting in the best interest of the town, and based on my findings, I'm voting to lynch Amerac.

19. Amerac

RePG:
    Profile:
    Well if I was mafia why would I jump to shands defense and lynch with him so quickly? Sorry but I am Golisopod Lynch MoG

20. Amerac

RePG:
    Profile:
    To verify my ability lets me run away cause I used to be a coward till I evolved then I had a more brave but still had the flight instead of fight so I could excuse myself for one night and be immune to all actions.