Overwatch Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Game Corner' started by Shanderraa, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Master of Grass

Master of Grass The Angel of Music

RePG:
    Profile:
    Yeah hopefully this has made it clear that I'm 100% Soldier. To summarize: I used my powers to hunt down Doof, and then last night, based on your advice, SS, I used my pulse rifle to kill Fresh Mex and prayed for something good to happen. So, I may be a crazy fool, but at least I took out two members of the mafia.

2. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    (which I haven't used because of the suicide factor and not having enough info)
    MoG does that mean you could possibly die? Or that you will die?

3. Master of Grass

RePG:
    Profile:
    No, because I killed Widow. Basically if I accidentally kill a townie, the next night I kill myself. Since I've only used my power once and the victim was mafia, I'm safe as of right now.

4. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Ah ok wasn't sure thanks for clearifying

5. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Yeah I felt like once Doof was confirmed to be reaper you were clear. Plus the pulse rifle is a great match.

Let's end this. With so few people and so many confirmed, Palooka is extremely likely to be Doomfist.

6. Master of Grass

RePG:
    Profile:
    Lynch Palooka. This has to be it.

7. Mysterious

Mysterious 1337 Speaker News Crew

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Lynch Palooka

8. Prophet of Wapachu

Prophet of Wapachu Unofficial Pok├ędex Coordinator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Lynch Palooka. We pretty much have this in the bag.

9. palooka_120

palooka_120 Energetic Northern Lass

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Koaleaf
    So, I'm fine with being lynched and all, even if it ends up being a mistake. I'm going to get some thoughts out there though. So there was no Genji? Is that what we're all in agreement of? I suppose we'll know all the roles after the game, I'm just curious now is all. Also, look forward to me putting up some WidowMaker jokes FreshMex and I've been throwing back and forth. Some of them are pretty giggle inducing. Just to let you all know though, I don't think my lynch will clean everything up as nicely as you think it will.

10. Shanderraa

Shanderraa Preteen Meme Master Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Alright, I've finished my calculations. Palooka has enough votes to lynch, revealing him to be...
    You are Doomfist, Talon Leader. Your fierce ideologies propelled you to the top of the Talon Council, and now you want revenge on the people who imprisoned you.

Once per night, you can command Reaper or Widowmaker to kill a target of your choice, using the command (R/W)KILL:(target). Both your tactical knowledge and high-tech shielding stops you from being killed at night. If both of your assassins are dead, then you can target someone yourself, sacrificing your night immunity.

The next day, you find Amerac dead, with pulse ammo wounds. He was...

You are Junkrat, Talon Trapmaker. You and Roadhog are best buddies and always have been, and you only care about each other. Your bear traps and explosives stop anyone in their tracks.

Once per night, you may place an explosive bear trap on a target, using the command TRAP:(target). This takes 1 night to arm, and is removed if you place a new one. When armed, the first person to visit the target dies and does not do their job. If Roadhog dies, you can choose to align yourself with either Talon or Overwatch.

With that, the town wins! Here were the other roles:

Prophet was...

You are Tracer, Overwatch Time Warper. As one of the newest members of Overwatch before it shutting down, your time travel abilities made you one of the most interesting and useful members the group ever had.

Once per game when you would die at night, your chronal accelerator breaks, first transporting you back in time to witness everyone who visited you in the past 3 nights, then sending you forwards 2 days. That night, you fade away.

MoG was...

You are Soldier: 76, Overwatch Tracker. After the dismantling of Overwatch, Gabriel Reyes is the only person you care about. Now that he's in your sights, you just need a bit more investigation to bring him to justice.

Once per night, you may investigate a target, using the command CHECK:(target), revealing if they're Reaper or not. You also have access to two clips of pulse munitions, which you can use to kill a target of your choice, using the command KILL:(target), instead of investigating them. If you kill an Overwatch member by mistake, you become overwhelmed with guilt and use your last round to kill yourself the next night.

Mysterious was...

You are Torbjorn, Overwatch Dwarf. Your short stature and love of aardvarks may seem silly at first, but everyone can recognize your beard.

Once per game, you may reveal yourself as Torbjorn, using the command TORB, and everyone will know that you are definitely Torbjorn.

11. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Ayyy we did it

That res ability really swung things fast!

12. Master of Grass

RePG:
    Profile:
    MVP was clearly Genji

13. Fresh Mex

Fresh Mex Land shark

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Game theory: Genji was 76 the whole time.

14. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    That resurrection man