Overwatch Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Game Corner' started by Shanderraa, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Shanderraa

Shanderraa Preteen Meme Master Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Sorry I’m late. Mysterious is torbjorn, a vanilla townie who can god claim.

2. Shanderraa

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    TMM has the majority... against him. With a final shove, they manage to get his fatass on the lynch machine, revealing him to be...

You are Roadhog, Junker Brute. You and Junkrat are best buddies and always have been, and you only care about each other. Your chain hook can grab anyone and bring them to their death.

Once per night, you may target someone with your hook, using the command HOOK:(target). If nobody targets them, or their targeter gets killed by a bear trap, you hook them in and use one of your three shots to kill them. If you have been given a bear trap, you do not need to use a shot to kill, as the bear trap does it for you. You can also hook Junkrat, making him night immune.

Night has begun!

3. Shanderraa

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Day 5 has begun. You wake up to find Pandamonium dead, due to familiar red shrapnel. She was...

You are Mercy, Overwatch Healer. Your medical technology and benevolent attitude allowed you an easy place in the ranks of Overwatch.

Once per game, you can resurrect a dead player of your choice, using the command RES:(target).

Speaking of resurrection...

@SilentSentinel is back from the dead!

4. Fresh Mex

Fresh Mex Land shark

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Well, that was unexpected. SS, what do you know?

5. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    How was the afterlife?

6. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Sup bitches, I'm back and confirmed town and better than ever!

Mex is lying to all of you by the way. I could tell she was mafia by her flip flop on Day 1 but died before I could bring a lynch against her. I'm 100% certain she is not town-aligned and her claim is fake.

Lynch Fresh Mex

7. Prophet of Wapachu

Prophet of Wapachu Unofficial Pokédex Coordinator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Pandamonium was the only unconfirmed townie I knew was town. That sucks for us, but at least the res went through.

I backread based on what SS has said, and I can't believe we missed this. Mex should have been lynched day 2 at the latest.

The flip-flop for anybody who doesn't want to dig.

8. Fresh Mex

Fresh Mex Land shark

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    What flip flop? Unless you're referring to me voting to lynch Kal, which didn't contradict anything I said. What I said on day 1 was that we needed to lynch someone, not that I thought that Kal was aligned one way or the other. You yourself started that bandwagon, and I jumped onto it because Kal was the most suspicious to several of us at the time.

9. Prophet of Wapachu

RePG:
    Profile:
    Lynch Fresh Mex.

Don't want to forget that bit.

10. Master of Grass

Master of Grass The Angel of Music

RePG:
    Profile:
    Remaining people without unconfirmed roles: Mex, Doof, myself, Roxas, Amerac, Palooka, and PoW. It seems likely Roxas and PoW are telling the truth. I know that I'm town (more on that shortly). Palooka, Amerac, Doof, and Mex are left. One of them is Genji. The rest are killers. I'm willing to believe that Mex is in fact not town (and I suspect the other member of the mafia), but I'm fairly confident Amerac is Junkrat and I'm certain Doof is Reaper.

When we were all starting the lynch on TMM, Amerac not-so-subtlely tried to derail the conversation by putting in a lynch vote for me. I firmly believe this was an attempt to save his partner by switching the town to a different target. More importantly, I'm officially roleclaiming. My role is Soldier, which I hinted at briefly on the first day in my post predicting roles. My role is basically the Vigilante role (which I haven't used because of the suicide factor and not having enough info) but with an added bonus of being able to hunt down Reaper. Last night I went through the list of people and came to the conclusion there was an incredibly high chance that Doof was Reaper. Him, Amerac, Palooka, and Panda were the only people left who had not said anything substantial about their role, but we all seemed to believe Panda (which was smart, as we can now see) and I'm inclined to believe Palooka, which left me with Doof and Amerac, and I already explained my thoughts about Amerac. And sure enough, after checking Doof last night, the results came back positive.

Lynch Doof. I know we've started on Mex already, but I am 100% positive Doof is in the mafia and has been killing everyone, and I think it's critical that we lynch him ASAP. IIf there are only two people in the mafia as it appears there are, I suspect Reaper is both the GF and also doing the nightkills, and that Fresh Mex could be something like Sombra, adding a little truth to the roleblocker story with a lot of lies tossed in. I know often the GF is immune to nightkills, so that's why I'm trying to push this through during the daytime.

If you all need further proof of my role, I'll do what I can, but I've been hinting at this for a while now, such as saying I had slight information on TMM (I checked him one night and he came up negative for Reaper, which is why I said he could still be a villain).

11. Roxas

Roxas Prince of the Stars Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    You have a strong point and I was going to say that I think Doof is definitely a mafian. I’m banking that Mex, Doof and Amerac are all the remaining non-townie folk.

lynch doof

12. Prophet of Wapachu

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'll switch my lynch. Either Doof ends up being town and we gain information about MoG while losing nothing (because Doof has done nothing all game) or we kill Reaper. It's pretty much a win-win either way.

Lynch Doof.

13. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    I'm going to have to look up stuff about Overwatch since I don't play it and it could help me tell if MoG is telling the truth.

I will say that I am 100% certain that Mex is not a Town Aligned Role. It's going to be tough for me to abandon what I know to be a sure thing to kill Doof, and I feel like Reaper being both the GF and the person they are using for killing seems like a risky play unless there are only 2 Mafia members and Mex can't kill and use her ability in the same night. Basically I'm saying it seems unlikely that Reaper is the godfather and their main nightkiller unless they absolutely have to use him for that. I don't really know anything about the lore though so maybe he is the leader and stuff.

As long as we remove Mex tomorrow, I guess I'm okay with this. As SR said, Doof has not been playing much if at all. Since I'm confirmed town I have a high chance of dying tonight. If I'm dead, make sure Mex doesn't make it out alive after tomorrow. She already wriggled out of one lynch attempt, don't let it happen again.

Unlynch Fresh Mex
    Lynch Doof

14. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Yes MoG I am the other junker and I will probably die after this but on TMM's death I could choose which faction I joined and since I was unsure how many mafia there was I chose town and I hope this helps prove my innocence the only reason I tried to derail was cause if we lived and you all died we won but Lynch:Doof

15. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Lynch: Doof

16. Shanderraa

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    kachigga hammer has been had

After fierce discussion, Doof has been hung, revealing his identity to be...

You are Reaper, Talon Assassin. Your cellular regeneration, enhanced by your shotguns, allows you to survive nearly anything as long as there's a poor soul to attack.

Once per night, Doomfist may command you or Widowmaker to kill a target. If he commands you, you become night immune. If Doomfist dies, you may kill using the command KILL:(target). Doing so stops Widowmaker from killing that night.

Night has begun!

17. Shanderraa

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    With day approaching, you awake to find two new corpses. Firstly, Fresh Mex was found, with precision pulse wounds.

You are Widowmaker, Talon Assassin. Your slowed down sense of time and top-of-the-line sniper rifle makes it nearly impossible to miss your target, no matter how hard they try to avoid it.

Once per night, Doomfist may command you or Reaper to kill a target. If he commands you, you kill regardless of night immunity. If Doomfist dies, you may kill using the command KILL:(target). Doing so stops Reaper from killing that night.

Secondly, Roxas was found dead, with falling-induced broken bones and a single precise bullet wound.

You are Pharah, Overwatch Lookout. Your jetpack and love of the sky keeps you in the air at night, letting you see what's going on below you.

Once per night, you may watch a target, using the command SCOUT:(target) revealing anyone who visited them.

18. palooka_120

palooka_120 Energetic Northern Lass

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Koaleaf
    And I was writing a post to help lynch while that happened. Are end games this hectic usually? Also, do revives usually give players such useful information? That was just plain amazing to get such useful info. Well needless to say this looks like the last leg of the game friends. Still have our Genji and only one mafia standing against town victory. Last mafia game made this look so impossible to do.

19. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    People alive:
    MoG
    SR
    Me
    Amerac
    Mysterious
    Palooka

6 players left.

So we're looking for Doomfist now.

People who can be crossed off the list immediately:
    Mysterious (confirmed as dwarf dude by Shand)
    SS (confirmed as orisa by dying before)

People not explicitly confirmed but safe in my book:
    MoG (Highly unlikely that he would sacrifice Reaper and would have just jumped on the Mex train to stay non suspicious and his post from last day phase essentially confirmed himself as Soldier)
    SR (Claimed a role that would definitely be in the game (I don't know anything about Overwatch but this person is clearly important) and is pretty clearly town from his lynches imo)

That means either Amerac or Palooka is Doomfist. Amerac has claimed Junkrat and claimed that he went Town.

So this would theoretically make Palooka Doomfist. This makes some sense as Palooka did vote to Lynch SR and Kalinius early in the game.

We should lynch Palooka and then if they're mafia and we don't win we know Amerac lied and went mafia so MoG can nightkill him.

Lynch Palooka

20. Master of Grass

Master of Grass The Angel of Music

RePG:
    Profile:
    OK, I'm still processing all of this but I take full responsibility for the whole Genji thing. I'm literally a crazy conspiracy theorist and Genji doesn't exist.