Overwatch Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Game Corner' started by Shanderraa, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Pandamonium

Pandamonium The Puppy Loving ChatBox Stalker

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Mirai
    Also, I'm curious on what type of information you have on TMM, MoG. Is it character-related, ability-related, etc? Any tidbit of information on who TMM could possibly be would be helpful.

2. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Even though TMM has been quiet wasn't kalinus targetting you MoG last day and he ended up dead this night? Same with MBT two people who tried to lynch you are dead now.

3. Mysterious

Mysterious 1337 Speaker News Crew

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    You dont have to worry about me. I dont have powers at all. We really need to take action here and while I dont trust that both Roxas and Doof are away and not help around.

Could mean they are Talon or Junker.

Either way Lynch TMM

4. Master of Grass

Master of Grass The Angel of Music

RePG:
    Profile:
    It's more like... anti-information? It's not too useful, but I know something that he isn't. I probably shouldn't say much more than that unless I'm actually going to roleclaim, but let's just say even with this, it's still 100% possible TMM is a Junker or part of Talon.

I originally addressed this in my last post but took it out because I didn't see it as necessary. The mafia is always smarter than this. It's generally not even worth pointing out that A wanted to lynch B and then A died so B must have done it. That would leave way too obvious a trail unless you're going for some reverse psychology making everything think that it doesn't make any sense. Anyway, like I said before, I was one of the first people to come to Kalinius' defense earlier in the game when he gave his reasoning for being aggressive with the lynch day 1. Plus, I obviously couldn't have killed both of them even if I did have a non-town role because they died separately on the same night. Not to mention Kalinius' role didn't actually provide information on me, so he was only after me based on some ridiculous disagreement about the roleblocker, and MBT only came after me because I came after Kalinius after he came after me. Either way, the mafia are going to be more strategic than this. MBT died because he openly admitted to having an information-gathering role.

Ultimately, you coming after me isn't very productive if I'm being completely honest unless you intend to put in a lynch vote for me. We need to accomplish something and many of us are suspicious of TMM right now, so you trying to move things onto a different target seems more suspicious than anything else. It's fair to be suspicious of me, but if you really think I'm Talon/Junker, you should vote to lynch me or else help us accomplish something.

Of course, that said, I'll vote to lynch TMM.

5. Master of Grass

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'm also really curious about this. Are you saying you're just a generic townie role with no abilities?

6. Fresh Mex

Fresh Mex Land shark

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    I sincerely doubt that there are any vanilla roles in a mafia such as this, where every role is a character with unique abilities. This seems really fishy to me, but I'd like an elaboration from @Mysterious. What is the name of your character?

@TheMusicMan seems a bit suspicious, but he hasn't explicitly given any comments or arguments past "this is bad, we should lynch someone today". I would like some thoughts from him before I start pointing fingers though.

However, the thing that caught my attention is that PoW voted to lynch TMM using the logic of "TMM is the safest pick", after he voted to lynch me over my logic of "Kal is a safe bet" on day 2. I would like a more detailed explanation as to your logic, @Prophet of Wapachu, especially considering that you were saying that you were more suspicious of Mysterious up until your lynch vote in the post.

One last thing is that I did not use a discord orb last night. I have no idea if anyone's abilities were blocked. However, I have to point out the fact that when I used the orb, nobody died, while two people died when I chose not to use it.

7. Mysterious

Mysterious 1337 Speaker News Crew

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
  8. Fresh Mex

Fresh Mex Land shark

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    I still find it doubtful that there are any vanilla roles in this game, and I feel like Torbjorn would either be able to protect someone once, or be immune to nightkills a limited number of times. Something along those lines, especially if PoW really is Tracer as he says he is, and it's as complicated as that. That said, I can see Shand making Torbjorn completely useless as a joke, so I can see one reason why what you say could be true. It's still entirely possible that both of you are either Talon or Junkers, but for now, I'll turn my attention to others.

9. Prophet of Wapachu

Prophet of Wapachu Unofficial Pokédex Coordinator

RePG:
    Profile:
    I meant TMM is safer based upon information everybody has. TMM has jumped on the bandwagon of one confirmed innocent (Cam) and one role claimed innocent (you). Meanwhile Mysterious has only lynched a role claimed innocent (me) and somebody who seems to be innocent (MoG). Furthermore, he has done nothing to further the town's victory this game (there are others too however).

I didn't lynch you for the logic of saying "this is safe". I lynched you because you said it was the safest option when it clearly wasn't safer than anything else.

10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan A wild Snorlax appears!

RePG:
    Profile:
    Excuse me, Pandamonium, why exactly are you jumping on my bandwagon when we were all ready to lynch PoW yesterday? I think we found our killer, gents.

Lynch Pandamonium

11. Pandamonium

Pandamonium The Puppy Loving ChatBox Stalker

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Mirai
    I'm not "jumping on your bandwagon." I tried to push a lynch on you the previous day, due to the same reasons stated now, and two days ago, I tried to bring you to attention. Although those attempts were just to try to draw a reaction out of you, your reaction now makes you seem very guilty to me, and my lynch stands.

12. Master of Grass

RePG:
    Profile:
    Well this is a disaster. Based on TMM's reaction, I think he's guilty. Rather than explain himself he tried to toss blame onto someone else that at least a couple of us believe is more than likely town. Plus, like I said before, it's just sheer numbers. Most of us unclaimed people are going to be killers, so his defense didn't help him out at all.

Mysterious I also don't believe at all. Like, even if there was Torbjorn in this game, which I don't really even think there would be, I cannot believe he'd have literally no abilities. He could be really interesting in a mafia game (Vet who can leave his turret out at night to kill someone who visits him? Lookout who uses his turret strategically to see who is where and with who?) and it seems like a waste to throw him in as a powerless character.

I think Mysterious is still the most obviously guilty person but many of us already have votes in for TMM, who also seems guilty so I'm keeping my lynch vote for now.

13. Roxas

Roxas Prince of the Stars Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    Given your unfamiliarity (I'm going to assume) I'm willing to believe that you're actually Torbjorn. The fact you don't have any night actions at all is kind of weird though. MBT visited MoG last night. I don't know what means in this situation. If it were the reverse (MoG visiting MBT) we'd have a lynch pin on MoG. However MBT visited MoG so I'm not sure if that means MoG can kill people who visit him in the night or if it's just bad timing there.

Something to look into forsure though.

14. Roxas

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    Also I've been busy so I don't remember if MoG claimed a character or not. I agree with MoG though Torbjorn not having any abilities is weird because he could be an interesting character.

Matt's playing how he always does though where he jumps and lynches anyone after they make a single post. Which isn't very helpful in almost any situation.

15. Fresh Mex

Fresh Mex Land shark

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    TMM, you've just thrown a lynch accusation out of left field without giving any thoughts besides questioning why panda vited to lynch you. This is exactly why we've put PoW on hold and put you in the spotlight: you keep throwing lynch votes without qualifying your choice, where PoW's claim and reasoning is plausible. I can't ignore this, and so I'm going to vote to Lynch TheMusicMan. If you can qualify your choice with any logic further than "he's voting to lynch me", now is the time to give it.

PoW: that's a good point, and your reasoning is solid. I'm extremely suspicious of both TMM and Mysterious right now, and if both of them are killers, that leaves somewhere in the realm of 3-5 others, plus Genji. With that being said, it's entirely possible that one of them is in fact Genji. I'm now going to call for Genji to step forward, as that will resolve a lot of this confusion. While I understand the risk in a vigilante stepping forward, I also know that Shand said something about numerous protection roles. While Reinhardt and Orisa are both dead, a third protector may explain the lack of deaths on night 2, and simultaneously clear PoW's name (at least for me). I'm hesitant to call said protector forward, but I'm going to put the idea out there such that we can formulate a plan.

16. Roxas

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    After reading back some more we have

1. Fresh "Brewmaster" Mex (???)
    3. Doofenston "Frog Eidolon" Horse (???)
    4. Master "of" Grass (???)
    5. Roxanna "Stuck in an Abode" Weppler (???)
    6. Amerac "fuck you my memes are funny" Dickjohnson (???)
    8. Mysterious "???" (???)
    9. Palooka "Our Liege" _120 (???)
    11. Prophet "PoW right in the kisser" of Wapachu (???)
    12. TMM (???)
    13. Panda "not the good one" monium (???)

10 people left. PoW and Mex are pretty much confirmed townie at this point. I'm also aligned with Overwatch. That leaves 7 people.

Of these 7 people we know 2 are Junkrat and Roadhog.

that leaves 5 roles.

At least two of those are talon members (I'm not sure if we're using all three or not)

So that leaves 3 or 2 roles left depending. One of those remaining roles is Genji.

Which leaves 1 or 2 unclaimed roles after that. I highly doubt an actionless Torbjorn is one of those.

Given Matt's wishy-washy playing style and other things I've picked on I am also going to Lynch TheMusicMan. However I am definitely suggesting we need to lynch Mysterious tomorrow.

17. palooka_120

palooka_120 Energetic Northern Lass

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Koaleaf
    I'm glad that you've come to join our conversation in full force Roxas, your input has been missed these previous days. I've got to come clean and say that I'm slightly suspicious of Amerac, just since I've tried to get simple insight into his position early on and I was ignored. This is far more a simple request to hear more from him and less an out right threat to lynch though. I will be casting my lynch in the most productive way possible closer to our deadline, we still have some very useful hours left.

18. Roxas

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    Yeah, sorry. Life's been hectic the past week. Also it hadn't been helping that I wasn't getting notifications for this. That's changed now. It also kind of let me get a chance to look back as someone who hasn't been actively participating so I wanted to look for things with a new set of eyes.

My suspect list in order is

TheMusicMan
    Mysterious
    Amerac (mostly for inactivity)

19. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    My inactivity is mostly due to my work days being during most of the days in mafia so I have little time to post or think of stuff and also due to I have no idea how any of the clues reference any overwatch characters cause of never playing it or knowing nothing of the game

20. Master of Grass

RePG:
    Profile:
    It's just occured to me that it's entirely possible that the mafia accidentally targetted one of the SKs that night. SK is usually night immune so that could explain the mafia not getting the kill, and the SK was likely stopped by one of our protectors. Since the orb was used on PoW and we seem to believe him, I don't think the orb is what stopped the kills night 2.

Well that's sucks, I was the other lynch target the previous day so he wanted to either rule me out or prove that I was a murderer. I haven't claimed yet, but I can definitely say I am not the Veteran role (I assume there isn't one based on what's happened so far). It was definitely bad timing. He told the town he was an info role and then tried to get definitive info on me that night, but the mafia obviously came for him. I assume we're out of protectors based on this information.

While I agree this would clear things up, I think it's likely that the day 2 murder was stopped by either Rein or Orisa considering no one protected MBT last night even though he seemed to be the obvious protection choice. I wouldn't be surprised if we're all out of protector roles.