Medieval Times: Kingmaker Mafia Game Thread - Mafia Win

Discussion in 'Game Corner' started by SilentSentinel, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Master of Grass

Master of Grass The Angel of Music

RePG:
    Profile:
    Eh, based on the last last game, I'm inclined to just believe that's how Taav approaches things like this. I wouldn't read too much into the length. Also considering how small this game is, I'm assuming there are only 2-3 mafioso. I realize nothing I'm saying helps us narrow things down in any way but hopefully stirring discussion will eventually lead to something.

2. ManBearTepig

ManBearTepig King of The North

RePG:
    Profile:
    It's a toughie because we've had nothing to go off every day so far

3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan A wild Snorlax appears!

RePG:
    Profile:
    I mean, there's literally nothing to go off of except what people say in almost any mafia game. It's down to instinct whether you think someone is acting oddly or not. I've just been super busy with work so I haven't been posting much. That said, I'm at a loss here. What I do know is we absolutely can NOT afford to not have another lynch today.

4. Kalinius

Kalinius Because I am a star dragon. That's why. Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    ^ Its pretty much about analyzing how people are acting and interpreting the little amounts of information that we are given. Looking back on previous games (albeit not as thoroughly as I could to notice patterns, dang school) I'm not seeing much in the way of differences from players.

5. palooka_120

palooka_120 Energetic Northern Lass

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Koaleaf
    Well, the best results I've seen so far is when we pry a little more information out of people. Like how Shanderraa revealed that they may know someone else's role. The only times we appear to get anything more than a standard agreement that we must find clues if when we ark for more. So I may keep asking a few more questions while our puzzle is still very much incomplete.

6. ManBearTepig

RePG:
    Profile:
    Man this is tough

7. palooka_120

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Koaleaf
    So MBT, do you trust anyone here?

8. ManBearTepig

RePG:
    Profile:
    I don't really trust anyone as its hard to trust people in mafia if they have no proof of townie alliance. I mentioned Taav earlier but again, the reason can be looked at in 2 ways. MoG is right in what he says that Taav has the same approach in all games, I went back and checked to make sure.

9. Shanderraa

Shanderraa Preteen Meme Master Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    That was roxxy, btw. I didn't want to explicitly say that his roleclaim was the same as mine, as that would damn him. Unfortunately, he died anyway.

10. palooka_120

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Koaleaf
    So Taav behaves as a blank slate regardless of his alignment right?

11. ManBearTepig

RePG:
    Profile:
    It seems that way yes, he's still at the top of my list but its not my choice to make.

12. palooka_120

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Koaleaf
    I don't blame you either way, this my first game with you guys so I'm just going on instinct.

13. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan A wild Snorlax appears!

RePG:
    Profile:
    My question is if Shand really knew Roxy's role, why is he still alive? Probably won't be for long. That raised my eyebrow a little bit, sir.

14. ManBearTepig

RePG:
    Profile:
    Very good point, let Shand explain

15. palooka_120

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Koaleaf
    We all knew his role within the first day, at least anyone who shared his role knew, as he was the first to say it.

16. ManBearTepig

RePG:
    Profile:
    As far as I know, Shand has not posted anything to prove innocence. Correct me if I am wrong please. Shand did jump on my wagon immediatly when Doof brought me up which could be deemed suspicious but then went on to say he and Doof are like this on discord. I'm not saying they're not like that on discord but its a very easy ploy to turn peoples head

17. Taav

Taav ಠ_ಠ

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Coppor/Bronzor
    In response to MBT's suspicions earlier, I can't really defend myself, aside from reiterating that lengthy posts are just my style. In fact, it really is a hassle and I've been making efforts to cut some of the superfluous stuff... which makes writing these take even longer. *sigh*

I'm honestly a little frustrated with how little we have to go off of at this point. I think a big part of the problem lies in the nature of this game. There's a lot to be learned from watching who jumps on bandwagons and who doesn't, and in a game where there are no true bandwagons, I feel like it's harder to read people's true intentions.

As for Shand, he was pretty quick to hop on MBT's case Day 1 and was also in favor of lynching Mysterious, who we now know is town. I don't know Shand and Doof well enough to judge their interactions, but I do think this is worth discussing further at the very least.

18. Master of Grass

Master of Grass The Angel of Music

RePG:
    Profile:
    My thoughts right now:

At the time of Doof's death, revealing him to be the hero, only two people had been confirmed as generic villagers: Roxas and Fresh Mex. Mysterious made the villager roleclaim, which we now know was the truth, however at the time this easily could've been considered him copying Roxas' safe townie role. There was pretty much no reason for anyone to think one way or the other about him without some additional evidence.

As we can reasonably assume right now, all of the townies likely have the exact same villager role minus the deceased Doof. Again, only two people were confirmed at the time. Once is happenstance, and twice is a coincidence, so this shouldn't have seemed completely out of the ordinary, except for anyone else with the villager role who would realize at that point that three confirmed villagers including themselves is too many to be a coincidence and that probably almost everyone had the role.

Palooka immediately seemed surprised there was a confirmed townie with power, Kalinius pointed out that the only positive aspect of Doof's death was that it meant hope for other powered roles, and Shand suggested that the implication of the village hero role description was that he was the only powered townie in the game, which, while I could gather if I read the description with the idea already in my head that it was a possiblity, I honestly didn't see at the time. This could easily just have been me not processing the description well, but it seems off to me that someone would read the description and immediately reach that conclusion unless they had something else to back it up with. Between the comment at the time and recent events, I'm inclined to believe Shand's story.

As far as people who didn't seem to make any reference to the fact that likely the entire town was villagers, the only people left of the seven us are me, MBT, TMM, and Taav. Of course I know my own allegiance, so I'm not concerned with myself, however I'm suspicious of the others. Like I said before, I figure there are either two or three mafioso in total. Either way this day is critical. If they only have two members and they're able to get me to execute a townie or accidentally execute myself, then we're down to four townies, three by the time they've nightkilled someone. I personally think this number is the most likely considering how small this game is and that the town seemingly only has one useful skill with which to uncover the mafia.

If we assume that there are only two mafiosos, and we again assume that those two are part of that group of three, then a couple suspects easily arise. MBT has recently called out Taav for something that easily could've just slipped MBT's mind, but could also just be fabricated to point suspicion at Taav. TMM has had a very minor presence throughout this game, but showed up today to point fingers at Shand, which MBT immediately supported, calling for answers from Shand, even though, quite frankly, the argument didn't make any sense to me and seemed more like a desparate effort to pin blame on someone on both of their parts.

Additionally, while at the time I may have defended MBT when he suggested the mafia was trying to frame him for the murder of Doof, now it seems overly defensive, as if trying to get into everyone's heads before they've thought things through to convince everyone that he's wasn't suspicious, even though, honestly, the back-and-forth the day before involving MBT and Doof didn't really seem significant enough to warrant the defensiveness the following day. I'm especially suspicious of this scenario given certain events in a previous mafia game.

I might be completely overthinking things and I for sure have typed up too much already, but as of right this second, my suspicion is firmly on MBT. There's still a decent amount of time left before the day ends, so against my better judgement, I'm going to let the discussion continue, but I don't intend to let myself be executed today, and I'd much rather put forth an honest effort to find the mafiosos and fail, possibly even costing us the entire game, than let the mafia steamroll us.

(Please forgive any typos or incoherent thoughts, this is a long ass post and I have no intention of going back and proofreading it.)

19. palooka_120

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Koaleaf
    I do agree that these two are acting rather aggressively. Especially since TMM just recently returned from working his butt off. He might have just come home very angry at the world, but it does look suspicious.

20. ManBearTepig

RePG:
    Profile:
    We also had nothing to go off so the only way to get any answers is to throw suspicions and ask questions.
    Completely understand being suspicious of me since I'm throwing the most shade around but be wary of the fact if I die then you are another villager down