Medieval Times: Kingmaker Mafia Game Thread - Mafia Win

Discussion in 'Game Corner' started by SilentSentinel, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Mysterious

Mysterious 1337 Speaker News Crew

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Well it has been to quiet around right now. I rather want to hear people before I go random lynch again.

2. Kalinius

Kalinius Because I am a star dragon. That's why. Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Damn ok, I think the only positive out of this is we know that some villagers do indeed have powers. We can pray for some sort of doctor or investigator role that may help shed some light on the current predicament we find ourselves in.

3. palooka_120

palooka_120 Energetic Northern Lass

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Koaleaf
    If there are more helpful town roles, I sadly am not one of these so I get to use dialog evidence. My favorite

4. Shanderraa

Shanderraa Preteen Meme Master Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    The description implied that the Village Hero was the only unique role besides Kingmaker and Assassin.

5. Taav

Taav ಠ_ಠ

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Coppor/Bronzor
    Apologies for the delayed post. I meant to post yesterday but ended up feeling a little too exhausted by the time I got around to it.

As far as motives go, I think a likely one might be simply that Doof is one of the more experienced players here (from what I can tell). I could also kinda see Shand trying to frame MBT, but I find it unlikely given that it's only Day 2 and there's no real advantage to be gained relative to the risk involved. It's way more likely that the mafia made a kill that cannot be linked to them so easily - it's a much safer strategy for them in the long run.

Anyway, the best thing we can do right now is keeping up the discussion, and throwing around some accusations. If today comes down to another random lynch, that's fine, but it would be best to at least try to actively find a lynch candidate anyway. At some point, we have to switch over from inverse Russian Roulette to making educated guesses if we want to win.

Also, we're already 48 hours in. We still haven't heard from @Roxas @TheMusicMan and @Master of Grass yet. It'd be good to give them at least a little longer to respond, but that's up to Mysterious of course.

6. Roxas

Roxas Prince of the Stars Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    Woops my bad. I'm not entirely sure where we should go yet. The only people that have been confirmed townie are me and Palooka at this point.

7. Master of Grass

Master of Grass The Angel of Music

RePG:
    Profile:
    Yeah, there's virtually nothing to go off of right now at least that I can see. If everyone is to be believed, it seems the majority of our townies have the same generic role, which means that losing a role like we did is pretty significant. I assume if anyone had role-based info from last night they'd already have come forward with it today, so unless someone can point us in a productive direction, it feels like this is gonna be another random lynch, since I agree that the actual kill is not likely to give us major clues.

8. palooka_120

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Koaleaf
    The only idea I have is putting someone into interrogation and see what happens. @Shanderraa So who do you trust in this game? You think you would defend anyone if they were accused?

9. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    @Mysterious has roughly 1 hour to execute a player.

10. Shanderraa

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    First of all, Palooka is not necessarily townie; the King can be a mafia member. Secondly, I may. Anyone I may defend would rely on sensitive information that would confirm their death if I were to leak it here, but rest assured I'll be there for their defense if it ends up in that situation.

11. Shanderraa

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    I apologize for being so vague, for reference this is something that any townie could easily figure out that confirms their innocence but the mafia could not. As such, I will not be revealing it since it would immediately damn them.

12. palooka_120

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Koaleaf
    So we have a dead king today? RIP king Mysterious if you have missed the deadline. Thank you for sharing Shanderraa.

13. Master of Grass

RePG:
    Profile:
    I believe the first Kingmaker is supposed to be a townie, which would be Palooka.

14. Master of Grass

RePG:
    Profile:
    Oh wait nevermind I completely misunderstood (I think?) how the whole King/Kingmaker dynamic works, so yes, Roxas is our only confirmed townie.

15. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    The cries of the villagers rose. It had been ages and still no judgement had been handed down. They swarmed the castle and brought out Mysterious into the public square on his knees. He was swiftly beheaded.

Mysterious, Villager, has been executed Day 2!
    Inaction means death. You are given 72 hours for a reason.

Night 2 has begun! Day 3 will begin in roughly 24 hours.

16. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    The village awoke again to find another body, this time hanging by the neck from the castle battlements.

Roxas, Villager, has been killed Night 2!
    The one person to be confirmed innocent, now dead. The villagers will have to do better.

Day 3 has begun! Master of Grass has been chosen by the Kingmaker for Day 3. MoG, you have 72 hours to execute a player.

@Shanderraa
    @Kalinius
    @TheMusicMan
    @Master of Grass
    @ManBearTepig
    @palooka_120
    @Taav

17. Master of Grass

RePG:
    Profile:
    Makes sense. Roxas was the only confirmed townie so of course the mafia would never be able to pin anything on him. I'm about to leave the house for a few hours so hopefully we get some discussion before I get back, although of course I don't want to rush.

18. palooka_120

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Koaleaf
    Alright, I assume I'm not breaking any rules by just asking this. Mafia players generally are told who other mafia players are and townie characters are not told who other townie characters are right?

19. Shanderraa

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
  20. ManBearTepig

ManBearTepig King of The North

RePG:
    Profile:
    I mean, at this point we are more than likely being overrun by mafia
    4 v 4 mafia
    5 v 3 mafia

Any of them are plausible so our odds are not looking good, if we fail to hit one now then its looking like game over. It is an outside shout but Taav seems suspicious. The amount of detail he goes into is frightening to say the least. By no means am I flat out saying he is mafia, but maybe he feels like he has a better chance of people listening to him due to the sheer length. Again like I said, outside shout. It's just something to get discussion going