Leon's Storytime Corner, Starring...

Discussion in 'RPG News & Discussion' started by Leon Vane, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Leon Vane

Leon Vane Lift A Sail

RePG:
    Profile:
    In case you missed it, the team leaders have taken some time out of their busy schedules to socialize with people in the chatbox. But those conversations are fleeting and volatile, lost as soon as people log out. It also doesn't allow for them to engage in long-form writing regarding their tales and feats while away. Thus, the storytime corner idea was born.

However, unlike interview articles, I won't be supplying the questions. That's where you guys, the members, come in. I'll reveal the current guest, and then you guys will ask any burning questions you can think of.

(NOTE: As this is in RPG Discussion, the questions will mostly have to be serious. They will also be answered in character, so asking the member posting as the guest won't do you any favors. Obviously in the case of someone like me, where my username and character name are one and the same, there would be clarifications in play to prevent confusion, but for the most part this shouldn't be an issue.)

So who's the first guest?

2. Leon Vane

Leon Vane Lift A Sail

RePG:
    Profile:
  3. Angel Knight Phil

Angel Knight Phil Drag-on Dragoon Pummelo Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Yo man, where'd you get a Genesect?

4. Doof

Doof frogs are good Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    None
    ^, And how would I go about grabbing one myself? >_>

5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan A wild Snorlax appears!

RePG:
    Profile:
    How did you come to be a fan of the known-to-be-sissy Grass type?

6. Alpin

Alpin Newbie

RePG:
    Genesect is a fairly recent acquisition of mine. This past year, I had been visiting and studying some of the world's greatest engineering feats to see what I could put to use in developing new technologies. During this, a classmate of mine from Saffron University contacted me, and he asked if I would help him in developing some new eco-friendly technology. I agreed to help, and I headed to a remote laboratory in the Unova region.

Upon arriving, I was ambushed by several thugs (who I later learned to be part of a group who were attempting to reform Team Plasma), but I was able to defeat them with ease. As it turns out, my classmate was in league with these villains, and he was hoping to force me to use my engineering expertise to help them improve a horrifying project; however, he did not realize that I had become a remarkable trainer after completing my education. I forcibly removed this Team Plasma from the laboratory, and decided to take a look at their project. It was horrible. They had revived an ancient bug Pokemon and altered it entirely. It had been outfitted with a massive cannon, and its natural exterior had been entirely replaced with a metal one.

I did not feel it was safe to let this creature roam free, and I had no wish to extinguish its life. Instead I captured the Genesect, and I have been working to tame it ever since.

I am not entirely sure, but there may still be some Genesect in Team Plasma laboratories.

"Known-to-be-sissy" by whom? Only those ignorant to the strengths and weaknesses of each type would classify one as powerful and one as "sissy". I understand the strengths and faults of all types, but I find the Grass-type particularily appealing because of their resilience. The Grass-type is able to withstand three of the most powerful natural elements: Water, Electricity, and Ground. As a trainer who aims to outlast and outwit his opponents, this makes them fairly appealing. Grass-types also help me further my understanding of the natural world, so I am able to put better effort in to technology that syngergizes with nature.

7. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    How do you balance your interests in training and engineering? Do you plan to one day retire as leader of team flora and teach/research?

8. TheMusicMan

RePG:
    Profile:
    "Known-to-be-sissy" by me and almost anyone else with a reasonable amount of intelligence. For what it is, good answer though. #SolDominance

9. Alpin

Alpin Newbie

RePG:
    Engineering has actually taken a backseat to training for now. Most of the engineering work I still do consists of drawing up schematics based upon research I'll occasionally do during my traveling. Once I've drawn these up, I send them into a lab for testing. Not everything I draw up works, but I have developed several multimillion dollar products this way. Since engineering has assumed the role of a hobby, it is fairly easy to balance it with training. Training is a daily regimen, and engineering only occurs when I am inspired.

I have no plans to retire and teach, but I do not know what the future will bring.

Yet you still fail to provide any evidence backing your claim. Anybody with "a reasonable amount of intelligence" would not make such a bold statement without information to back it up. You are one of Io's team members, so I guess this sort of thing is to be expected.

10. Pikang

Pikang Resident furry and fursuiter

RePG:
    Profile:
    I don't think Grass types are sissies (I pick Grass starters in new regions a lot!), but I can understand that most of them are quite frail and not all that strong. As examples, Exeggcutor is slow, Meganium is considered the weakest of all starters (unless it's from Holon), and things like Parasect, Abomasnow and Tropius have good moves, but horrible weaknesses to really achieve much use.

But I actually wanted to ask something different: What are your thoughts on Team Flora being one of the smallest elemental teams? A good friend of mine is in Team Flora, and I haven't gotten much insight on the team from her or anyone else...

11. Leon Vane

Leon Vane Lift A Sail

RePG:
    Profile:
    Speaking as a member of Team Sol myself (and the savior of Orre), I would like to think TMM's opinions are misinformed and an anomaly among Sol members. Fire and Grass have quite the symbiotic relationship, as demonstrated by moves such as Growth, Solar Beam and Synthesis and abilities like Chlorophyll and Leaf Guard.

That being said, in your opinion, Alpin, which two teams do you feel mesh the best?

12. IoAthena

IoAthena Goddess of Fire and Wisdom

RePG:
    EXCUSE YOU. The Daybreak teams are symbiotic, not like the old teams where you tried to kill each other every time someone discovered a legendary Pokemon's hideout.

Now apologize or you'll be in big trouble, mister.

13. Shanderraa

Shanderraa Preteen Meme Master Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Much apologies for TMM's hostile behavior. I may be in Sol, but i respect the other team's enough to realize that they are all pretty much equal. Why am i not in Flora or Luna due to my personality, i'm assuming you're thinking. I feel like it's best to have balance in the personalities.

But yes i must ask, what is your strategy against mainly fire and flying teams?

14. Doof

Doof frogs are good Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    None
    Personal question, how many times have people tried the "your ass is grass and I'm gonna mow it" pick up line on you since becoming the leader of Flora?

15. Nonsensepanda

Nonsensepanda The best Panda Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
  16. TheMusicMan

RePG:
    Profile:
    I apologize for being able to 'kill it with fire'. Thank you, that is all.

17. Alpin

Alpin Newbie

RePG:
    I think the smaller membership of Team Flora is able to make us one of the stronger teams. Our strength does not come from brute force, but rather from the bonds able to be formed by a smaller team. Members of Team Flora are able to get to know everybody else easily, and this has helped to form bonds of trust between all members of Team Flora.

Rai and Luna probably have the best synergy. I believe that both team's signature types complement one another very well, and the relaxed battle style most Luna members seem to favor pairs fantastically with the quick, powerful tactics used Rai members.

I generally avoid using Grass-typed Pokemon in those situations. Some of my other Pokemon, such as Dragonite, are more than capable of disposing of Fire and Flying-types, so I utilize them. In circumstances where my Venusaur has garnered enough power from the sun, he can easily render Fire and Flying-types useless.

This is the first time I have heard that line. I hope to never hear it again.

Yes, I do like pandas.

18. Leon Vane

Leon Vane Lift A Sail

RePG:
    Profile:
    As the leader of Flora, could you explain how is there an ocean have vines?

19. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    What are some thoughts you have about the other three leaders of the other elemental teams? Like, are you close friends or more like acquaintances?

20. Alpin

Alpin Newbie

RePG:
    I didn't realize I had more questions. Sorry about the delayed response.

As the leader of Flora, could you explain how is there an ocean have vines?

I cannot. I do not think anybody can explain that.

I get along well enough with the other team leaders, and I hold them in the highest regard. I would not go as far to say that we are the closest friends, but we are more than mere acquaintances.