Jan's Favorite Video Game Music Revival #1: SMT Digital Devil Saga - Danger

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Angel Knight Phil, Jun 26, 2016.

?

What type of video game theme should be the next entry?

1. Opening theme

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Character theme

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Level/World theme

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Boss theme

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Angel Knight Phil

Angel Knight Phil Drag-on Dragoon Pummelo Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Look who's back! (and a couple of days late...I know)

From the start of a video game to the finish, we as a player are immersed in all kinds of music. Be it the song that plays during the opening sequence, tunes that play when you're in the overworld, the sounds of a great battle, or the melodies that you hear when you finally get to the ending and credits, your adventures always have a soundtrack. I want to share with you my favorite music that I've heard over the last 27 years, since the first time I turned on Super Mario Bros in 1989.

I'll try to keep the music varied over the course of this list. At increments of 10, 50, and 100 I will list a track that is a little closer to my heart (ears?) than the others. Without further ado, here is the first entry.

The theme that plays during the opening sequence of Digital Devil Saga does a terrible job of setting the tone of the game. This is why I like it so much. Considering the game's gruesome nature, this track sticks out like a clear sky in the Junkyard. I find myself getting lost in the melody when I watch the video that plays in the background. I also enjoy the tempo and vocals that go with this, even if the lyrics are nothing to write home about.

I know this one is short, but I'm running short on time. What do you think? Do you have any suggestions for the next one? I'm sorry it wasn't Persona, but I still haven't played those games yet.

See you guys next time!