Infinite Duress - Mega Magic Mafia 2

Discussion in 'Game Corner' started by Angel Knight Phil, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Taav

Taav ಠ_ಠ

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Coppor/Bronzor
    Mr. Panda, I'm going to have to politely ask that you refrain from cawing in front of my kids. I won't have them be tainted by your immodest, barbaric behavior any longer! If you can't do that, I will *personally* call up AKP and have you mod-killed from the game, then I'll call up the forum Administration so they can ban you! I hope I'm making myself crystal clear here!

To repeat what SS has already said, there is quite literally no way that Panda has that forced speech. He faked the exact same type of speech last game, AKP probably wouldn't put it into this game, and even if he did, what are the odds that he'd get it? Not to mention he was never consistent about it in either game. Anyway, it's obvious bullshit.

And because it's obvious bullshit, I can't entirely get behind the pandawagon yet. I will admit that the unexplained lynch coming out of nowhere concerns me, but he knows he's not fooling us with the cawing this time. He could just be trolling, or maybe he's a jester (hopefully not)? Whatever the case, it feels like we're making the same mistake twice.

At the very least, I'd like to hear an explanation from panda for his vote before I do anything. If I don't get a reasonable explanation and/or there are no other leads, I will (hesitantly) jump on the Panda Express.

But I also want to hear from some of the still quiet players like Ciela, MoG and Doof before I commit to a vote. I really need to tighten the reigns on those three - they're probably hiding behind the couch playing on their gameboys instead of doing their mafia posts again. Well, at least Roxas is well behaved <3.

2. Nonsensepanda

Nonsensepanda The best Panda Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Im tired of listening to macho man randy savage. Also you wouldnt want to kill me. There could be some unexpected side effects.

3. Roxas

Roxas Prince of the Stars Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    Yeah I'm not really into this Pandawagon(TM). The lynch is kind of out of left field though. Can you expand on why you've opted to lynch Mex?

4. Nonsensepanda

RePG:
    Profile:
    Im tired of listening to macho man randy savage

5. A Naive And Loved Very Orderly Religion Experience

A Naive And Loved Very Orderly Religion Experience frogs are good Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    None
    I TOLD YOU MOM IT'S A DS NOT A GAMEBOY

Sorry about the inactivity btw, I was out of town and in a funk for a good bit there :'B Anyways I wasn't buying the Panda lynch at first but that last post is a bit concerning. There's two distinct possibilities here:
    1.) Panda is Hollywood Hulk Hogan, and I'm pretty confidant that he'd be at least a serial killer if not full-blown mafia
    or 2.) (which is infinitely more likely) Panda is being Panda.
    I'm more inclined to believe the latter but we're running out of time and we still haven't gotten any lynches yet so I'm going to jump on the Lynch Panda bandwagon.

Also, something to consider: in his initial post Phil said that the clues in the morning would either be clued or semi-clued, meaning they could point to either the person who did it or the role depending on how he was feeling. Since this is Mega Magic knowing what roles did the killing is probably a dead end, but have we looked at the clues to possibly see if they could point to any of us?

6. Taav

Taav ಠ_ಠ

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Coppor/Bronzor
    Panda, I'm curious as to what those side effects might be, but I'm going to put my money where my mouth is since no other options have been put forward.

Lynch Panda

At the very least, with Panda removed from the picture, I won't have to call the cops every time he shows up at my son's soccer practice.

7. Master of Grass

Master of Grass The Angel of Music Demi-Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    I didn't spend hours on hold just for you to pick up and belittle me. I'm a grown woman and I'm not hanging up until you solve my problem or get someone on the line who can. Lynch Taav.

8. Angel Knight Phil

Angel Knight Phil Drag-on Dragoon

RePG:
    Profile:
    No lynch was found again. It was close but no cigar.

As the day ended, a Koei Tecmo song sounded through the Rift.

Night 3 has begun. 72 hours remain.

9. Angel Knight Phil

RePG:
    Profile:
    The town woke up again to more missing bodies. This time, the bodies were easy to find.

Both Doof and MBT lay dead in the center of town, seemingly having killed each other. They were lying in a pool of blue blood.

MBT's form showed first, and he was:
    Doof's form followed and he was:

And then there were 11.

Day 4 has started, 48 hours remain!

10. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    We've finally got a dead mafia member. Gonna try to comb through the posts so far and see who's been acting in cahoots with MBT

11. Fresh Mex

Fresh Mex Land shark Demi-Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    That's two for the price of one, uh huh. I don't know about you guys, but I don't like leaving SK's around, uh huh. The only question is who the other mafiosos are, OH YEAH! I'm still hella suspicious of Panda, and to a lesser extent MoG, OH YEAH! I'm not wasting any more time than we already have. We don't have time to not lynch someone tonight, uh huh. Lynch Panda, OH YEAH!

12. Prophet of Wapachu

Prophet of Wapachu Unofficial Pokédex Coordinator Demi-Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    We have 11. That means we have 4 mafia, probably. I still do not believe Panda has done anything to deserve a bandwagon, and I believe he is part of the town. If we kill a townie, we have 9 left the next day, and that is an easy mafia victory (especially since we have a few people saying nothing), so we need to be careful about who we lynch.

Lynch Gamma.

Gamma has said very little throughout the game, and made a return to jump on the pandawagon. I find this incredibly suspicious, and I don't believe anybody innocent would act this way.

13. Gamma

Gamma Simply Walks Into Mordor

RePG:
    Profile:
    Honestly, a lot of my saying very little throughout the game comes at the fact I spend at least three days occupied by something else per week (with few exceptions noted), and in some instances I am literally working a majority of the time that these Day Stages are occurring. I have to be succinct with what I say so I do not dally around, and I imagine this has led to me being increasingly laconic.

As for the "Pandawagon," I was certain that his behaviour was suspect and did not even "jump" on any established wagons. I was, in fact, one of the first lynch votes against Panda because his CAWCAW behaviour was not productive. I cannot say that my behaviour would be more productive, at any rate, and I do not hold it against you that you are lynchvoting me.

14. Nonsensepanda

RePG:
    Profile:
    ya know what i dont like?

Jan said seemingly killed each other. The mafia guy doesnt have kill powers, he just exists. so how could he killed the SK?

15. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Hmm, after combing through MBT's posts, he really didn't talk a whole lot. I remember him posting a status that he'd be gone for a few days so that's probably to be expected.

From what I was able to see, he was very combative with 8bit early in the game, and tried to jump on the Roxas bandwagon at the end of the game. I feel like Roxas is probably innocent, but that doesn't mean that members like Taav are necessarily guilty for starting that lynch.

My only real conclusion is that Roxas is most likely town aligned.

That's really all that I was able to gather from his posts, if someone else wants to go through them to corroborate, please do so.

16. Angel Knight Phil

RePG:
    Profile:
    And silence came as the day turned to night.
    Night 4 has begun! 96 Hours remain!

17. Angel Knight Phil

RePG:
    Profile:
    The town woke up once again, missing another member.

The person missing this time, however, was Roxas.

It was not long before he was found, beaten to death surrounded by half of a sword, a broken keyboard, and a broken mouse.

Roxas' form shown to everyone...and it was at this point the town had much to worry about.

The end is near, isn't it.

Those who are quiet might as well be dead anyway...

Day 5 has begun. 72 hours remain!

18. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Well shit, seems I was right. Likely that the mafia didn't want any confirmed townie alive. We've failed to get any lynches so far, so we'll need to be extra careful and look at the clues Roxas's death gives us. Perhaps he investigated someone earlier and looking through his posts can give us a hint.

19. Gamma

Gamma Simply Walks Into Mordor

RePG:
    Profile:
    Roxas criticized the "Pandawagon" in his most recent post (from the previous two Day Stages). The only other times he has said anything have been in response to someone trying to lynch him (for example Fresh Mex) or to lament that work occupied his time more than this Mafia game did.

If he was silenced, it was likely for a good reason, though who would have known he was Investigator in advance?

20. Fresh Mex

Fresh Mex Land shark Demi-Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    I think it's pretty likely that the mafia has an investigator of their own, struck gold and put 2 and 2 together, uh huh. It doesn't seem like they'd get a superior investigator to us, uh huh.