Infinite Duress - Mega Magic Mafia 2

Discussion in 'Game Corner' started by Angel Knight Phil, Aug 9, 2017.

1. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Does the cream rise to the top, Mex?

Mex is either:
    A: Randy Savage (Seems like something Jan would put in the game)
    B: Kool Aid Man
    C: Professor Kukui
    D: Faking a speech role

I would assume that everything besides D is town aligned?

2. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan A wild Snorlax appears!

RePG:
    Profile:
    Randy savage would be right up Jan's alley.

Unlynch 8-bit
    Lynch SilentSentinel

3. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Hmm, Matt clearly has some kind of forced lynch ability. I think it's more likely to be town aligned myself, I doubt a mafia member would have something so debilitating. If they did, they probably wouldn't want to draw attention to it.

4. Mysterious

Mysterious 1337 Speaker News Crew

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    unlynch Fresh Mex

5. Taav

Taav ಠ_ಠ

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Coppor/Bronzor
    Prepare yourselves, post wall incoming!

I think we should lynch today, though the pessimist in me says we won't make it in time unless something drastic happens. But even if we don't, we need to keep everyone in the conversation and have some serious discussion. Roxas, Ciela, Doof, MoG, don't think I can't see what you're all up to! You can fry your brains on video games after you've finished your mafia posts. Do I make myself clear!?

Anyway, I don't think much of any of these forced obligations / restrictions. There are so many of them that it would be quite easy for someone to fake one, so I'm not going to assume any of them valid for now. What can we actually say about TMM? Nothing about alignment, only that he's been making his forced obligation very obvious for some reason. Like when he posted 3 times in a row day one, that sort of thing allows us to immediately dismiss his votes as rubbish. It's not inherently real or fake, nor is it inherently town or mafia.

Not saying we shouldn't lynch people with forced obligations, or that we should drop the conversation about them, but I don't think we should act on them today.

You almost sound as though you're justifying inactives not posting just because the conversation hasn't been very serious so far. However, that line of thought is actually self-destructive. If there's no discussion to contribute to, then the right thing to do is start a discussion, not keep quiet. The latter can only hurt town.

It's certainly true that being quiet doesn't automatically make you suspicious, but if you think of every post as a piece of evidence, then people who don't post are essentially not opening themselves up. It's not the same as low quality shit posts, because even those can be useful info. For instance, we will remember that 8bit immediately jumped on MBT's case for not caring who gets lynched and then MBT got defensive in retaliation, especially if the same behaviors keep popping up. That could be very useful information later on, who knows?

This remark does concern me at least a little, but as one of only a handful of people making solid contributions today, I'm going to dismiss my suspicion for now. I'd rather not risk lynching an active townie this early in the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instead, I'm gonna buckle down and Lynch Roxas for the time being. If this does nothing other than pressure him, that's fine. But I don't see anything to gain from lynching someone with forced speech, as I think we risk a 50/50 shot of taking out a mafia with a fake speech or accidentally lynching someone with a special role. Roxas doesn't seem to have a forced speech of any kind, and he hasn't posted at all today, so in my eyes he's a reasonable, safe candidate.

I'll also go ahead and reinstate my policy of jumping on any bandwagon regardless of who it's for. It's going to be a crapshoot no matter what, so I'm not going to be picky. If we get lucky, we get a mafioso or SK, and if we mislynch that information is still useful. Either one's better than sitting on our hands and doing nothing.

Let's try to get something done today.

6. Fresh Mex

Fresh Mex Land shark

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    You got that right, brother! I AM THE CREAM AND THE CREAM RISES TO THE TOP, OH YEAH!!! I'm with Taav here, uh huh. If we don't jump on SOMEONE'S bandwagon today, we're gonna get picked off like ANTS, OH YEAH! Imma Lynch Roxas so we can get SOMETHING going, and if he's got a reason why he's been inactive, then we'll see it and there'll be no problems, OH YEAH! BECAUSE NOBODY DOES IT BETTER THAN ME, I'M THE CREAM OF THE CROP OH YEAH!

7. Prophet of Wapachu

Prophet of Wapachu Unofficial Pokédex Coordinator

RePG:
    Profile:
    This is true, but, using OI mafia games from the past as a source, there are usually certain people that actually start discussions and others get into it slower. Silence later in the game is more uncommon here, and that's where I really do get suspicious. I do agree that it does hurt the town, however, and killing people that do not contribute is safer than killing people

I would have liked to investigate TMM's role a bit more. He hasn't spoken since his first lynch, and that's because he'd probably be forced to change his vote. If his role really forced him to spout garbage, I think he'd be doing it more consistently. I think the best way to go about investigating his role would be to lynch 8bit. This would give us a lead on whether TMM is dropping useful information with his lynching or if he's just full of shit; however, I want something to happen today, and I do not think that route will currently lead us anywhere. If this interests other people, I will make changes to my current vote.

Lynch Roxas at least until he gives a post.

8. ManBearTepig

ManBearTepig King of The North

RePG:
    Profile:
    *Jumps on bandwagon because I'm pretty sure we've already run out of time to finalise it*

Lynch Roxas

9. ManBearTepig

ManBearTepig King of The North

RePG:
    Profile:
    inb4 people coming for me jumping on a bandwagon for the exact same reason 2 people have

10. Angel Knight Phil

Angel Knight Phil Drag-on Dragoon Pummelo Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Soooooo close!

The end of the day comes as the sound of crazy 90s techno music fills the Rift.

No lynch was made, and again the town goes back to their tents, scared of another death.

It's almost as if they were preparing for some kind of mortal combat.

Night 2 has begun! 48 hours remain!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  11. Angel Knight Phil

Angel Knight Phil Drag-on Dragoon Pummelo Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    The day started again with another tune.
    "Ba da ba ba ba...I'm lovin' it!"

Those who aren't lovin' it, however was the town as they awoke. SR did a headcount this time, only pulling in 13. Who was missing, though?

As the town searched, they noticed that Mysterious and Kalinius had not made it to the headcount. Everyone's fears were realized when Mysterious' body was found dead in his tent. Apparently there was a struggle, as Mysterious was covered in blue blood. As the shape of Janna faded, the name Dragonfire could be seen on her bosom before the correct body was shown to the group. Mysterious was:

Odd how Kalinius is in the game twice. Speaking of Kalinius, ANALVORE (CHANGE YOUR FREAKIN' NAME) found bits of fried chicken leading up to Kalinius' tent. Inside he saw something delicious, but not nutritious, because it probably tasted just like chicken. Actually it was chicken. The shredded body of Kalinius revealed:

Yes, there was a chicken nugget. By him was another picture of BlackWarGreymon with Etheral wings, however laid upon the picture was a rose that had the life drained out of it.

2 more down, 13 to go. No evildoers have been found. Can the town win?

Day 3 has begun! 48 hours remain!

12. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Wait so... Kalinius the person died, but also Mysterious was Kalinius the role, and also died?

Mega Magic is the weirdest shit ever I sweatergod

13. Fresh Mex

Fresh Mex Land shark

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Huh. Does that make Kalinius super-dead? Regardless of the answer, we've gotta lynch someone here and now, uh huh. We've wasted too much time, OH YEAH! To start, I'm goin' back to where we were yesterday unless Roxxy can offer up an explanation for his behavior, OH YEAH!

Lynch Roxas

14. Roxas

Roxas Prince of the Stars Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    My behavior? What have I done exactly besides not respond? Honestly my only excuse here was that I forgot to do so on on account of work and being exhausted after work.. If you wanna kill me cause I was busy during the last day round by all means go ahead and kill me.

15. Nonsensepanda

Nonsensepanda The best Panda Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    CA-CAW LYNCH FRESH MEX CA_-CAW

16. Fresh Mex

Fresh Mex Land shark

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Uh huh, I'd say that's an explaination. Unlynch Roxas. What isn't explained is you, Panda, uh huh. You haven't posted a damn thing since a shitpost on day 1, OH YEAH! And you come out of nowhere to cast a lynch vote, uh huh. Call me suspicious, but I think you've got some 'splaining to do aside from bird calls, OH YEAH! So until you squawk some logic, I'm Lynching Nonsensepanda, OH YEAH!

17. Prophet of Wapachu

Prophet of Wapachu Unofficial Pokédex Coordinator

RePG:
    Profile:
    I've got a bit of a headache right now. I'm not sure if this is because of all this craziness or what. I'm going to be fine though, so don't worry about it.

Alright, I know the SK is going to keep killing people randomly, but, unless you actually kill a mafia member, you're setting yourself up for failure by eliminating the town. The quicker the town dies, the sooner you lose, and your loss will be 100% on you. I'm definitely trying to manipulate you for the town's gain, but that could backfire.

In an attempt to get somebody to talk Lynch Pan_Demi_Ciela

18. SilentSentinel

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    I vote to Lynch Nonsensepanda

We know the bird thing isn't a forced speech because he did the same stuff last game, and it doesn't help us figure anything out at all. On top of that, he's jumped onto Mex for no reason.

19. Gamma

Gamma Simply Walks Into Mordor

RePG:
    Profile:
    I imagine if I attempted to go "CAW CAW" like that I would be an all-too-easy lynch target. That said, I imagine a forced speech was implemented after Doof's mafia with the intended purpose of throwing us off. All mafias are like this, where OOC from it seeps into literally everything. The OOC seeping into everything also affects other things on the whole, which makes it difficult to immerse in a world where a Kalinius role is only "second place."

We don't really have any other leads, and everything right now is just chaotic for the sake of.

Lynch Nonsensepanda

20. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan A wild Snorlax appears!

RePG:
    Profile:
    ...yeah, that's an immediate red flag.

Lynch Nonsensepanda