Imperia Tavern

Discussion in 'RPG News & Discussion' started by SilentSentinel, Jul 11, 2017.

1. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

Top Poster Of Month

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Here on the edge of the stadium bowl, entrants and spectators alike gather to watch the battles going on below and revel with food and drink. In the darker corners of the bar, some shady characters take bets on the outcome of various bouts.

Bets:
    1. Round 2: SS vs Doof - Name Bet

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  2. Gamma

Gamma Simply Walks Into Mordor

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'm going to bet 3000 P in favour of Pikang winning against Katnisa.

3. SilentSentinel

Top Poster Of Month

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Someone needs to agree with your wager for it to be added.

4. Fresh Mex

Fresh Mex Land shark Demi-Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Val stepped into the bar while waiting for their match to start. They were a bit nervous considering that their first opponent had "CHAMPION" in his title, but they had a plan. Regardless, this was a time to be calm and relax before all hell broke loose in the colosseum. They wandered up to a betting table and started eyeing the odds.

They were reluctant to part with their cash for a gambling prospect, but they felt lucky. They placed a bet of 750p on this guy Chernabog Garland (Gamma) who apparently had a looooong history with this kind of deal. They then waited for someone to bet against them, and ordered a Bright[TM] soda and a bag of chips for their increasingly chubby Koaleaf, who started devouring chips right as he got the bag, occasionally passing one to the hungry-looking Inferatris.

5. SilentSentinel

Top Poster Of Month

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    The scream of the crowd, the thrill of the battle, and the catharsis of victory. These were the things chased by the Auri Knight, having returned from his travels abroad for the grand Tournament. He rarely came back to the headquarters anymore having already master his Auri gift, but the prospect of facing several talented battlers from around the world fed into his lust for competition. And the spoils that awaited those who progressed far... He had heard only rumors, but even whispers such as those were enough to set his eyes upon the top spot.

Anything besides the championship victory would be a failure. The Knight had assembled a fearsome team of six of the strongest Pokemon, each of which was strong enough to serve as the crown jewel of several of the teams that others had entered with. His experience in high stakes battle gave him a mind for strategy that few could match. There were sure to be difficult battles ahead, but he was confident he would meet each and every challenge.

The first of these challenges came from the royal Prince Armedius II, a member of the long royal line of tournament hosts in far Ishmadal. He had traveled here to learn of the Auri tournament customs, and to see the land of Amaya. The Auri Knight's first meeting with him was as he stepped into the Colosseum to begin their match. He wore plain clothes and had a slight build, much different from the images of his father that were often plastered to television screens.

The murmors of the crowd grew louder as their names were announced. Armedius stepped forward.

"I'm afraid your trip to Amaya is going to be cut short, princeling!" The Knight yelled across the field in a haughty manner. He hope to gauge the young lord's spirit for battle.

"We'll just have to see who is returning from where they came. I bring with me a thousand generations if battling prowess. Go, Tarsayer!"

The warlock Pokemon erupted from the Prince's ball. Immediately a mystical energy covered the field.

Trick Room...

The Knights' Pokemon were all bred and raised for speed, and now that preparation would work against them. Using his Pokme n's super powered moves to break through was likely to be the best option against a team built on subversion like this one. He thought for a moment, then made his choice.

"Go, Parlef!"

The game was afoot.

6. Gamma

Gamma Simply Walks Into Mordor

RePG:
    Profile:
    Chernabog strode forth into the Colosseum's centre stage. He had made it past the first Round, though he had chalked his victory to be entirely due to dumb luck. Pretending otherwise was just insufferable gloating, and he had enough of hearing his innermost thoughts tell him that Ishmadal III was nothing but the grandstanding of one asshole, whose name he forgot, at the complete and disproportionate expense of everyone else.

Chernabog looked at his Round 2 opponent. His undeath enchanted his voice to actually be able to bellow, something it ordinarily was unable to do previously.

I fully intend to keep my promise to Cadombra to ensure the demise of Brucilong, in exchange for their help in getting revenge on all my enemies, starting with the Orange Islands League who tried to kill me enough times to where they're just being douchenozzles. As you can see, their attempts were so numerous they managed to succeed.

He expected screams, and gasps.

I know that 'General' Kitab, the one leading the so-called “Auri Society,” is working for Brucilong. I watched him drive Captain Robin Traydor out of the Amaya region, something that was widespread all over the news, for Arceus' sake. I was witness to the unforgivably bad actions of the Temple of Duality shitshow, and Cadombra agrees with me that they are bad.

His voice kept going. He suspected the Auri Society was going to censor him, but he did not care. He pointed at where he presumably saw Kitab, and his two hooded subordinates. Was it above the colosseum? He had no real idea, but he had hazarded a guess and he was already on a roll.

Those hooded fuckwits are Brucilong and Cadareal; the colour palettes of their robes make it too obvious in a bludgeoning-everyone-over-the-head fashion. Cadareal permanently put my Karama in a wheelchair, and Brucilong murdered Cadelux in a fashion that I cannot undo. It is my imperative and iniative, therefore, to destroy both of these unholy abominations and avenge Cadelux. In the process, I will save the entire Amaya region. And I will not let ANYONE stand in my path...

He took deep breaths. Cadombra and his Sandswipe, Silver, had warned him of his anger while he was mortal. He was granted immortality by a friend of Silke Miru Klein, a Legendary Pokemon known as Giratina. He would not dare spill that information, mostly because he assumed it was common knowledge, what with his death having been on the news for Alpin and Traydor to have assumedly borne witness to.

“...not even the few people in existence who I can call 'friends' without fearing shadowy daggers in my back. This wretched undead monster has standards, and putting forth my best effort for said friends is more honourable than throwing any match just to see them succeed. That said, they would deserve to win this Tournament more than I honestly do,” he was unsure of how gesturing to Captain Traydor and Alpin with his stumpy arm would work out, and he regretted not getting an arm replacement earlier when a chance seized itself.

Alas, he was unsure of how to properly greet anyone else. Prince Armedias II's name on the brackets meant the son was coming to avenge the father. Chernabog had encountered Zanzio once before in Tarroco Island, where the Professor had offered a chance for the Trainer to go after a Tajiro apologist who happened to be Gym Leader. When Chernabog had taken too long grinding against other Trainers not related to the Dragon Priests of Solipsus, Zanzio ragequit out of the Island. The other Team Daybreak leaders had sent people to encounter Chernabog, though in the case of Sol and Rai this was usually under negative circumstances. Though he could have said something to each of these people, there was no real point to do so.

I just have one last thing to say to you, 'General.' IT'S TIME TO YIFF YOUR DICKS.

7. SilentSentinel

Top Poster Of Month

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Armedius's Granbull was washed away by Macabor's Sludge Wave. The Prince sighed and recalled his final Pokemon.

The official screamed and pointed at the Knight, declaring him the winner. He could hear cheers from the smallish crowd that had assembled to view the first matches of the event. When the later battles took place at the main arena, the crowds would be far larger.

The Knight stepped forward and shook the hand of his defeated opponent. "You weren't too shabby out there. If the battles get harder from here, I'll have to focus even more."

"Thanks for the kind word." The Prince replied, "I wish you luck the rest of the way". He was clearly dejected from losing so early, but did his best to hide it. No matter. The whelp was a small fish in this pond from the start, and putting him out of his misery now was doing him a favor.

He swaggered toward the tavern to celebrate with a whiskey.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He sat down next to a small boy who was drinking what looked like a beer in a frosty glass. The small child took no notice of him and took another sip.

"Hey kid, aren't you... a little young to be drinking?"

The youth turned to him. "Well I'm dead so... I'm not sure how the rules work in my situation. Plus this is root beer anyway, see?" He held the frothy drink toward the Knight. The sweetness of the drink rose up to meet his nose.

"The name's Sweetie, Sweetie Specter!" The pair shook hands awkwardly as the Knight's Old Fashioned arrived.

"I think you still being here means you won your first match, which means you'll be my next opponent." This small child had managed to win a battle in the tournament despite being much younger than the rest of the field. How odd.

"Oh geez, that's great!" Sweetie yelled. "I have an idea, why don't we make a fun bet?"

The Knight grimaced a bit at the thought of gambling against a kid. "Do you even have any money?"

"Yeah, but that's not any fun! How about... the winner gets to call the loser by whatever name they want for a while! And everyone else gets to call them that too!"

"Um... okay then. I guess I'll have to get to work thinking of a name then, Sweetie!"

8. Kalinius

Kalinius Because I am a star dragon. That's why. Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Lol'd

9. SilentSentinel

Top Poster Of Month

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Collecting on the name bet.

Doof's new name will be...

A
    Naive
    And
    Loved
    Very
    Orderly
    Religion
    Experience

until September 3rd. It's been changed on site already. I reserve the right to tweak it a bit to get the text lined up properly when displayed on the forums.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017