Hiya, everybody!

Discussion in 'Welcome to Paradise' started by Leon Vane, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Leon Vane

Leon Vane Lift A Sail

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'm not dead, work and life are just exhausting. And my laptop is now a jury-rigged desktop, and I can't sit at a computer since I do that for work. So here's what's happened to me in the past four or so months:
    • Graduated with my bachelor's in journalism from UF. It's weird seeing back to school ads and not looking for the best deals.
    • Day after graduation, proposed to my then-girlfriend at Walt Disney World. She said yes, and now we're working on saving money and hashing out details. We've got a location, her dress (haven't seen it), a date (March 12, 2017) and a band so far.
    • The day after that, started my first day of work. It's at a startup in downtown Gainesville that owns a variety of sites. Part of that meant writing for their dating advice site, which is all sorts of lol. I'm mainly a financial information writer, though.
    • Weekends kill me because I'm learning sword moves for stage combat. About a month ago, had a stunt workshop where wwe-style moves were learned.
    • FiancĂ© and I have annual passes to Universal in Orlando, so if any of y'all are on vacation and want to meet up, I'm game.
    So that all happened. How's everyone elses' lives going?

2. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Wassup! Good to know you aren't dead and stuff. My life is going like this right now:

- Interning at San Diego Gas & Electric (large utility company in SoCal) as a software test engineer. Learning a ton and making more money than I ever have before. Also spending more than I ever have before.
    - Moved into a new place with a few of the roommates I've always lived with, and a few new people. Co-ed living situation which is different but has been cool so far.
    - Dated multiple women at once for a while but eventually decided on one. She's a ridiculously hot University of Arizona graduate with mild cerebral palsy and a latex allergy.
    - Getting fat because my gym time is getting cut down by after work intern events and stuff. That plus my ever present burrito addiction is not a great combination. I'm considering working out during lunch from now on.
    - Planning and saving up to visit China at some point this year. One of my close friends from college is from there so I'd have a place to stay and a local to show me some cool stuff. Just need to save some of this intern money and find time to go.

That's about all I can think of. Pretty hilarious that you wrote for a dating advice site though.

3. Haas

Haas The Master of the Night Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    My life:
    - 44 Smash Bros Amiibos obtained
    - Been working at a factory full time all summer and have increased my desire for a college degree
    - Leaving for Purdue in 2 weeks to start my freshman year.
    - Had a roommate switch today so months of planning just flipped around.
    - Managed to spend the first 19 years of my life single, woot woot.

4. Leon Vane

Leon Vane Lift A Sail

RePG:
    Profile:
    Six months later and I'm doing this again. Welp.

A lottle (it's like a little, but a lot) has changed, so I'll delve right into it.
    • The job I had turned out to suck, so now I'm working at a testing company that focuses mainly on construction licensing exams and is such a better environment that I'm torn between trying to make it my career or continue with my future education plan, which is...
    • I'm also debating going back to school to get my masters in something, then eventually teaching at a community college.
    • I've also delved a bit into my family history, and I'll soon be a registered member of a Scottish clan that's survived to this day and age (and yes I have a kilt; it's not in my family's tartan, though, and is just a pattern that any Scot is permitted to wear).
    • I have a PS4, and Rocket League is my current obsession.
    • I've become an even bigger wrestling fan, and have gone to a few NXT events and OH MY GOD IT'S AMAZING.
    • Two medieval faire seasons down (my character this time around was basically a Pokemon trainer from Japan), and I'm going to be training hard this year to be able to use shield and sword. Oh, and I have a sword.
    • If any of those pics don't display, I blame Facebook.
    So yeah. It's been a whirlwind.

5. ManBearTepig

ManBearTepig King of The North

RePG:
    Profile:
    You have PS4 and love Wrestling, and that is good enough for me

6. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Your alive still?

7. Malkier

Malkier Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Doomsay
    You're one to talk...shouldn't you have turned to dust millennia ago?

8. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Considering your my elder brother what about you?

9. Malkier

Malkier Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Doomsay
    Lazarus pits

10. Amerac

Amerac Newbie

RePG:
    Profile:
    No wonder your not sane