Gammasect's Stupid Ideas Bin [The Bloody Armchair]

Discussion in 'The Studio' started by Gamma, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Gamma

Gamma Simply Walks Into Mordor

RePG:
    Profile:
    I wrote to at least one Admin about a bunch of TRPG things I had planned to do in the event I ever go into the Beyond Realm and spend 12 hrs. traversing through Quadruple Parallel Universes. This is where the ideas go.

One of my stupid ideas was to try to render the Gym Leaders able to be done in any order, mostly because the way the Orange Islands map works in canon doesn't seem right if I try looking at the anime map, and I know there's supposed to be a general route established by the even-numbered Gym Leaders for OI (and the others either being made up or lifted wholesale from the anime).

Eventually I just decided to go for something similar to what CA does, only make it a Heroic Mode of sorts.

I'll use Brock, the first Kanto Gym Leader, since I had kept trying to run a Pokemon Tabletop campaign where Brock is done last. I was gonna try amalgamating all of the various continuities, even the perpetually godawful anime (even Gen. 3's not as good as I initially cracked it up to be). For now, I've dummied what 'mons Brock uses and beefed 'em up to Level 100 and began using some of the OITRPG rules for my own amusement:

[100] :female: :golem: 364/364 {Leftovers} [Sturdy] {Knows Curse, Block, Flail}

[100] :female: :tyranitar: 404/404 {Tyranitarite} [Sand Stream] {Knows Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Stealth Rock, Dragon Dance, Outrage}

[100] :female: :swampert: 404/404 {Swampertite} [Torrent] {Knows Rain Dance, Waterfall, Mirror Coat, Ice Punch, Low Kick, Stealth Rock}

[100] :female: :toxicroak: 370/370 {Expert Belt} [Dry Skin] {Knows Drain Punch, Bulk Up, Earthquake, Bullet Punch, Dark Pulse, Vaccuum Wave}

[100] :male: :shuckle: 244/244 {Mental Herb} [Contrary] {Knows Sticky Web, Stealth Rock, Knock Off, Rest, Sleep Talk, Mud Slap}

[100] :female: :ninetales: 350/350 {Oracle Stone} [Drought] {Knows Solarbeam, Overheat, Secret Power}

Barring Toxicroak and Ninetales, most of the 'mons employed by Brock are supposed to use Stealth Rock and/or be able to revengekill after a previous Pokemon has fallen. Once Alolan Golem and Alolan Ninetales come out, I presume I'd have to consider some hard tinkering for this variant of Brock to make it past my Pokemon Tabletop notes.

2. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Next up on the Stupid Ideas Train is Sabrina, the Psychic-type Gym Leader. In my tabletop campaign notes, I had her replaced as a Gym Leader by a Dark-type Gym Leader, whose name I forgot, but I remember her taking over the Fighting Dojo and replacing it with the Psychic Dojo whilst simultaneously also hanging out with the Fighting Dojo Headmaster and getting advice from him.

[100] :female: :wobbuffet: 584/584 {Leftovers} [Shadow Tag]

[100] :male: :alakazam: 314/314 {Alakazite} [Magic Guard] {Knows Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Energy Ball}

[100] :male: :venomoth: 344/344 {Lum Berry} [Tinted Lens] {Knows Aurora Beam, Charge Beam, Ice Beam, Bubble Beam, Roost, Baton Pass, Toxic Spikes}

[100] :male: :gengar: 324/324 {Gengarite} [Levitate] {Knows Sludge Bomb}

[100] :male: :snorlax: 524/524 {Choice Band} [Thick Fat] {Knows Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch}

[100] :male: :hitmonlee: 304/304 {Life Orb} [Reckless] {Knows Earthquake, Poison Jab, Bullet Punch, Rapid Spin}

Her strategy is meant to be defensive. At her most offensive, it runs off of Bulky on the side of Wobbuffet and Snorlax. I think the only 'mon I would consider replacing outright would be Gengar, as the entire point is for it to use its Gengarite to become Mega Gengar. Shadow Tag being banned if I tried to transfer this to something more lolSmogon-friendly would end up needing heavy reworking.

On the plus side, replacing Gengar with a Medicham is generally an easy route I could take.

3. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    I know Lieutenant Surge is first if I properly do Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver's Kanto region adventure. So, I'll give him a spin.

[100] :female: :raichu: 324/324 {Choice Specs} [Lightningrod] {Knows Surf}

[100] :electrode: 324/324 {Light Clay} [Aftermath] {Knows Charge, Secret Power}

[100] :porygonz: 374/374 {Choice Scarf} [Adaptability] {Knows Thunder, Dark Pulse}

[100] :male: :victreebel: 364/364 {Heat Rock} [Chlorophyll] {Knows Sunny Day, Power Whip, Weather Ball}

[100] :male: :ampharos: 384/384 {Ampharosite} [Static] {Knows Sand Attack, Agility, Rain Dance}

[100] :klinklang: 324/324 {Lum Berry} [Clear Body] {Knows Return, Iron Defense}

My biggest problem with making Lieutenant Surge's Heroic Mode team is that he has absolutely no personality of his own compared to the remaining other Gym Leaders. I had to extrapolate on the basis of his American-ness to get even a sixth Pokemon (from Unova) for set completion to be even legit.

I could swap out regular Raichu with Alolan Raichu, unless the latter doesn't know Surf.

EDIT: I could also replace Klinklang with Zekrom if needed, as Zekrom is Electric/Dragon and fits the main niche of Lt. Surge's being from "America"/Unova. Given most other trainers have Ubers or something that would render them hard to process through Smogon's rules, Surge could also use the power boost.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  4. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Hm, Koga's already a member of the Elite Four, which makes this next segment impressively easy.
    Mostly because whatever notes I'd have for Koga get easily transferred to his daughter, Janine, minus a few things that I'd have missed reading Pokemon Adventures or from the Fame Catcher in FireRed/LeafGreen.

[100] :male: :weezing: 334/334 {Black Sludge} [Levitate] {Knows Flamethrower}

[100] :female: :vaporeon: 464/464 {Damp Rock} [Hydration] {Knows Rain Dance, Rest, Toxic, Baton Pass}

[100] :male: :forretress: 354/354 {Custap Berry} [Sturdy] {Knows Stealth Rock, Toxic, Volt Switch, Gyro Ball} [Assumes 0 IVs unless rules would indicate otherwise]

[100] :female: :crobat: 374/374 {Flying Gem} [Inner Focus] {Knows Roost, Toxic, U-turn}

[100] :male: :gliscor: 354/354 {Toxic Orb} [Poison Heal] {Knows Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Taunt, Toxic, Roost, Fling}

[100] :female: :greninja: 348/348 {Expert Belt} [Protean] {Knows Gunk Shot, Ice Punch, Low Kick}

Greninja was added simply because no Mega-Evolutions fit either Koga or Janine's thematics directly, and a proper Ninja Pokemon that wasn't from Amaya was included. This team's set-up is also primarily anti-hyper offense, although usage of VoltTurn will likely prove awkward if utilized efficiently.

5. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Misty's team is relatively simple even though a bit extrapolates because, before my various fandom exiles decked me repeatedly as far as my mood for shipping anything with 100% seriousness went, I was at one point a GymShipper and the idea of Misty and Brock sharing types was something I thought was pretty neat.

[100] :starmie: 324/324 {Starminite} [Natural Cure] {Knows Hydro Pump, Rapid Spin, Blizzard, Power Gem, Pain Split, Rain Dance}

[100] :male: :gyarados: 394/394 {Lum Berry} [Initmidate] {Knows Outrage, Bounce, Rain Dance}

[100] :male: :armaldo: 354/354 {Choice Band} [Swift Swim] {Knows Aqua Jet, Rapid Spin, Superpower}

[100] :male: :politoed: 384/384 {Choice Specs} [Drizzle] {Knows Focus Blast, Ice Beam, Psychic, Hydro Pump}

[100] :female: :kabutops: 324/324 {Expert Belt} [Swift Swim] {Knows Low Kick, Waterfall}

[100] :female: :dragonite: 386/386 {Weakness Policy} [Multiscale] {Knows Rain Dance, Hurricane, Roost}

This fits her "all-out offense" personality as much as I could within the bounds of "not be totally broken."

6. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    I guess I'll write for Blaine next. I can sorta expand on his team on the basis of his experiences as an ex-Rocket member, and that's something worth noting since that's canon even by FireRed/LeafGreen standards, and gets a lot more mileage in Pokemon Special/Pokemon Adventures.

I'm also giving him Mega Mewtwo Y because in my headcanon, Mewtwo and Blaine are best friends

[100] :male: :arcanine: 384/384 {Oracle Stone} [Flash Fire] {Knows Morning Sun}

[100] :female: :nebularapidare: 364/364 {Choice Specs} [Clear Body] {Knows Hidden Power [Ground], Ominous Wind, Psybeam}

[100] :male: :houndoom: 354/354 {Houndoominite} [Flash Fire] {Knows Overheat}

[100] :female: :clefable: 394/394 {Life Orb} [Magic Guard] {Knows Fire Blast, Calm Mind, Stored Power}

[100] :male: :rhyperior: 434/434 {Leftovers} [Solid Rock] {Knows Surf, Stealth Rock}

[100] :mewtwo: 416/416 {Mewtwonite-Y} [Pressure] {Knows Aura Sphere, Fire Blast}

This is admittedly a lot more perfect for Blaine than anything else I had planned for him.

7. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    Last but not least of the Gym Leaders conventionally would be Giovanni or Blue. However, I don't know whom I'd have to take over the Viridian City Gym yet. That leaves Erika for last, for now.

[100] :female: :vileplume: 354/354 {Black Sludge} [Effect Spore] {Knows Teeter Dance, Synthesis}

[100] :male: :exeggutor: 394/394 {Sitrus Berry} [Harvest] {Knows Substitute, Moonlight, Ingrain, Ancient Power}

[100] :female: :blissey: 714/714 {Leftovers} [Serene Grace] {Knows Aromatherapy, Stealth Rock, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind, Bulk Up}

[100] :female: :marowak: 324/324 {Thick Club} [Rock Head] {Knows Iron Head, Fire Punch, ThunderPunch, Outrage}

[100] :female: :dragonite: 386/386 {Lum Berry} [Multiscale] {Knows Roost, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, Fly, Iron Head}

[100] :male: :venusaur: 364/364 {Venusaurite} [Chlorophyll] {Knows Sunny Day, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power [Fire], Earthquake}

This team pretty much derives primarily from Pokemon Stadium/Pokemon Stadium 2, and is at least consistent with some Pokemon from the Celadon City Game Corner/Fuchsia City Safari Zone and can be made more consistent if asked.

8. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    I once thought of a neat single-stage Pokemon based off Crash Bandicoot. This is me just tinkering with things and doing a "for-fun" thing on my own.

Name: -- {WIP}
    Type(s): :fairy: / :fighting: {I don't know enough about Glitch-type to use it}
    Classification: The Bandicoot Pokemon
    Gender Ratio: 0% :male: / 0% :female:
    Ability 1: Technician
    Ability 2: [REDACTED]
    Hidden Ability: Protean
    Egg Group: Indeterminate
    Height: 4'11'' {Roughly Hitmonlee's height, or taller - couldn't find Crash's weight or height to properly calc it}
    Weight: 109.8 lbs. {Roughly Hitmonlee's weight - same reasons as height}

Base stats: 526
    HP - 101
    Attack - 85
    Defense - 80
    S. Attack - 72
    S. Defense - 80
    Speed - 108

Level-Up Moves:
    -- Rapid Spin
    -- Metronome
    03 Substitute
    05 Detect
    09 Double Kick
    12 Helping Hand
    17 Hidden Power
    20 Dig
    26 Play Rough
    33 Encore
    38 Icicle Crash
    44 Heat Crash
    51 Quiver Dance
    57 Stealth Rock
    62 Hi-Jump Kick
    69 Geomancy
    78 Counter
    78 Mirror Coat
    87 Nasty Plot
    100 System Crash {Note: only if the idea gets re-tinkered specifically for OIs - I'm doubtful this will ever get across but I enjoy giving this Pokemon moves with the word "Crash" in them}

Still a WIP.

9. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    I decided to retry this Stupid Idea for now, though I plan to refine it a lot more slowly:

Name: -- {WIP}
    Type(s): :fairy: / :fighting: {I don't know enough about Glitch-type to use it}
    Classification: The Bandicoot Pokemon
    Gender Ratio: 0% :male: / 0% :female:
    Ability: [REDACTED]
    Hidden Ability: Protean
    Egg Group: Indeterminate
    Height: 4'11'' {Roughly Hitmonlee's height, or taller - couldn't find Crash's weight or height to properly calc it}
    Weight: 109.8 lbs. {Roughly Hitmonlee's weight - same reasons as height}

Other than smoothing over Abilities since Technician is not necessary on the Bandicoot Pokemon, I think we're good.

Base stats: 572
    HP: 102
    Attack: 60
    Defense: 84
    S. Attack: 79
    S. Defense: 92
    Speed: 155

The numbers for the base stats themselves were chosen based on whether or not it was a Crate total for a level in Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. I choose, respectively:

Air Crash (102 crates)
    Spaced Out (60 crates)
    Ruination (84 crates)
    The Eel Deal (79 crates)
    Bee-Having (92 crates)
    Cold Hard Crash (155 crates)

They all happen to be my favourite levels in Crash 2.

10. Gamma

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'll go over the Levelset again, with noted modifications:

-- Rapid Spin {Normal}
    -- Detect {Fighting}
    -- Substitute {Normal}
    04 Bullet Punch {Steel}
    07 Metronome {Normal}
    11 Baton Pass {Normal}
    13 Jump Kick {Fighting}
    18 Body Slam {Normal}
    22 Double Kick {Fighting}
    25 Rock Slide {Rock}
    30 Tri-Attack {Normal}
    30 Grassy Terrain {Grass}
    35 Aura Sphere {Fighting}
    39 Quiver Dance {Bug}
    43 Explosion {Normal}
    47 Heavy Slam {Steel}
    50 Heat Crash {Fire}
    56 Ion Deluge {Electric}
    64 Moonlight {Fairy}
    73 High Jump Kick {Fighting}
    79 Destiny Bond {Ghost}
    88 Petal Dance {Grass}
    94 [REDACTED] {Fairy}
    100 System Crash {Glitch}

The moveset's a little all-over-the-place, but I was initially just applying what Crash Bandicoot has been able to do in Crash 1, Crash 2, Crash 3, Crash Team Racing, and Crash Bash.