Fire Emblem Heroes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Master of Grass, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Master of Grass

Master of Grass The Angel of Music Demi-Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    There seems to be interest in the game, so here's a thread for discussion, tips, news, and most importantly, friend IDs. Since game data suggests guilds are planned for the future, I'll update this table with IDs so people can add each other and maybe we can even form an Orange Islands guild when that feature makes it's way into the game. I'm including frequently used units in case the guild VS guild system or other friend features allow you to play with other people's units, but feel free to leave it out.

User IGN Friend ID Frequently Used Units

MoG

MoG (alt)

Pikang

Phoenixsong

SilentSentinel

MoG#Lucina

MoG

Pikang

Phoenix

Justin

Lucina (lead slot for round 1), Takumi, Sharena, Camilla, Linde, M!Robin
    Azura, Eirika, Eldigan, Lachesis, Cordelia (4*)
    Marth, Cherche, Azama, Abel, Hinoka, Saizo
    Roy, F!Corrin, Hinoka, Azama, Chrom
    Lucina, M!Robin, Takumi, Camilla, Eirika, Fae, Olivia (4*)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  2. Pikang

Pikang resident furry and fursuiter

RePG:
    Profile:
    User: Pikang
    IGN: Pikang
    Friend ID: 6801914784
    FUU: Marth, Cherche, Azama, Abel (going to try to use Hinoka and Saizo, too)

3. Phoenixsong

Phoenixsong Is okay. Obby is often used as punishment.

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Wallaro
    User: Phoenixsong
    IGN: Phoenix
    Friend ID: 3068353210
    Preferred Units: Roy, Dragon Corrin, Hinoka, Azama; occasionally Chrom

...at least, those are my only high-ish-level units—and I'm sure it's not even that high, because I only play a little bit each day and haven't ground anyone up to 40 or anything like that (although Roy does have all his skills at this point)—because I'm still experimenting with several others. Abel, Caeda, Cherche, Jakob and Lissa are kinda fun, and I've been trying to use Anna, Sharena and Alfonse just because they're the "starters" and it feels wrong to leave them in the dust, although Alfonse in particular is... pretty terrible. (Does anyone know if he's supposed to get any more usable as you promote him? Or am I just getting garbage growths?) Really need to get some more solid ranged attackers and another good axe user aside from Cherche. Almost all my green guys and tome users are from the daily hero whatever thing, and I'm too laaaazy to grind them all up, ugh. I do have a 3* male Robin I suppose I could try and work with, though.

Speaking of Robin, I hate the map for girl Robin's grand hero thing ugh ugh ugh unnecessary bottleneck ugh. At least with Narcian (wow it's weird seeing his name spelled like that, I had no idea who he was supposed to be at first) I was eventually able to figure out a way to safely lure him and the other enemies down one-ish at a time. With Robin I just get run over. And since my selection of units around L25 is so small, I either need to rush to grind up some people with better resistance or overlevel my current four just to beat the L25 map. :/ I'm too lazy for this why are you making me expend effooooorrrt

...I don't suppose anyone's come up with a clever way not to get swarmed immediately, have they?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  4. Master of Grass

RePG:
    Profile:
    Alfonse is generally considered the worst of the story units. He doesn't bring anything super interesting to the table and his speed is really bad. Other than that he's a pretty generic sword unit, but Roy and Chrom cover that pretty decently. I'd definitely recommend working on that male Robin, especially with so many Takumi running around in arena, since Robin has advantage against colorless foes. For female Robin, best bet is definitely high resistance unit baiting. I've seen some other strategies floating around, most of which involved Olivia dancing, but it'd probably be easier to speedtrain a high res unit for it.

5. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    User: SilentSentinel
    IGN: Justin
    Friend ID: 4198065748
    FUU: Lucina, M!Robin, Takumi, Camilla, Eirika, Fae, Olivia (4*)

I have a pretty standard meta team with good coverage (Lucina, Robin, Takumi, Camilla). Only issue is that a lot of my units have pretty low stat totals, which caps my upside in the arena. I'm to the point where I can scrape together a couple deathless runs per season but using all these low stat total units makes it hard to get above 4500. Dropped Camilla for Eirika for my team offense team during this season and her stats are much higher so even though its not my preferred team I'm ending up with more points. Debating throwing Fae in long term since her stat total is quite high as a dragon unit. Honestly I'm not super thrilled with my green selection at all, but trolling for Hector would probably cost me like 1000 bucks.

For the female Robin map, you'll want to send a high res unit through the gap to kill the Axe guy from range in one round. Then you'll tank and counterattack the two mages that come after you and you can pick off the others from there. I did this with my takumi. His res sucks so he barely lived but he was able to kill both mages on the counter which made cleaning up much easier. After that initial turn it's mostly about keeping that unit safe and positioning your others around the wall to pick off the approaching leftovers.

6. Master of Grass

RePG:
    Profile:
    Anyone got any interesting team ideas for the Ursula battle? Everyone seems to be using Hector, who I don't have, so I got a little creative with Camilla taking hits, Linde taking people out, Olivia dancing to make things easier for Linde, and Takumi looking pretty.

7. Gamma

Gamma Simply Walks Into Mordor

RePG:
    Profile:
    I considered grabbing this game, until I realized slowly I couldn't just run a team of 6 Camillas.

8. SilentSentinel

SilentSentinel "Best Admin" - Gamma, July 5th 2017 Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    You can run a team of 4 Camillas though!

9. Joon

Joon Grief Clown

RePG:
    User: Joon
    IGN: Lei
    Friend ID: 1209272765
    FUU: Celica, canon Female Corrin, Female Robin, and Gordin but occasionally Est, Bridal Caeda, Xander, or Sakura when I need to mix things up a bit (all 5*)

Damn, aren't I late to the punch with this... Hope this doesn't constitute as necroing

I generally like running Sakura when I'm using Celica just for the satisfaction of constantly frying people (And Rehabilitate/Wings of Mercy is a fun combo at that) but then again whenever the meta gets too green I opt for Ike and let vantage freelo my lazy ass up the tiers