Dream Team Discussion

Discussion in 'RPG News & Discussion' started by Kalinius, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Kalinius

Kalinius Because I am a star dragon. That's why. Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    So yeah what is everybody's Dream Teams here? Here is a list of the various teams, I want for each region:

Orange Islands:
    :tsunamic: :vollav: :gorphibiusshiny: :thunderos: :talonite: :terrelta:
    Neptune, Apollo, Odin, Zeus, Horus, Gaia

Zeralis:
    :tsunamic: :charcoaltshiny: :forresaur: :terrelta: :islanddragonite: :miasmyrm:
    Neptune, Tiamat, Nemestrinus, Gaia, Ouroboros, Varanus

Kanto:
    :charizard: :venusaur: :crystalkabutops: :nebulionshiny: :spiritombshiny: :nidoking:
    Hydrofire, Maokai, Karkinos, Raijin, Nephthys, Cho'gath

Johto:
    :deltaferaligatr: :ferazonc: :alakazam: :aerodactyl: :scythershiny: :steelix:
    Sobek, Quetzal, Artemis, Oreades, Kronos, Grootslang

Hoenn:
    :sceptile: :volcronic: :flygon: :absogno: :lethastegoshiny: :karozurc:
    Firnen, Thorn, Fanghur, Shrrg, Skilna, Saphira

Sinnoh:
    :astrolion: :chandelureh: :riogua: :gargost: :lucario: :gliscor:
    ???

Amaya:
    :verdon: :oraclearcanine: :riptursa: :draether: :sharoglyph: :rapteroc:
    Ladon, Cerberus, Volibear, Janna, Diomedes, Stymphalian

Unova:

???

Kalos:

???

Decolore:

???

2. Kamina

Kamina Author

RePG:
    Profile:
    For my current planned amaya team

:verdon: :flarake: :kiyarok: :gallade: :weavile: :riogua:

Currently got Jungon, Flarake and Ralts. Bringing Sneasel and Riogua over once I get OI PC access and catching an Amirok in a few routes time. So my team isn't difficult for me to achieve thankfully.

3. Timeblaze

Timeblaze I'm supposed to hold it by the sharp end, right?

RePG:
    Profile:
    Orange Islands
    :wallaro: :seregal: :centilisk: :ghobra: :talonite: :apollyonf:
    As you can see, I already have all the members of this team ready.

Hoenn

:blaziken: :flygon: :aggron: :walrein: :dusknoir: :manectric:

Sinnoh

:infernape: :staraptor: :roserade: :electivire: :floatzel: :rampardos:

Amaya

:emburst: :verdeguar: :aquallion: :volterra: :kushinobi: :sauroxic:

Kanto

:charizard: :raichu: :nidoking: :machamp: :exeggutor: :vaporeon:

Johto

:typhlosion: :yanmega: :kingdra: :mamoswine: :mismagius: :togekiss:

Unova (When it's open)

:emboar: :simisage: :jellicent: :excadrill: :haxorus: :gothitelle:

4. Phoenixsong

Phoenixsong Is okay. Obby is often used as punishment.

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Wallaro
    Short answer: No idea. I'm mostly winging it and trying a bunch of different things (and starting to regret it because my team is underleveled compared to people who aren't as far as I am since they're training fewer things); since you can only play through a region once (?) and there are so many interesting pokémon to use, it seems silly for me to limit myself to just six, though. I've never liked setting my team in stone too far in advance anyway.

Long answer: Some rotating combination of the following:

:emburst: :crystalkomodic: :sauroxic: :cardastra: :kiyarok: :marake: :bigleef: :verdeguar: / :oracleverdeguar: :solidra: :sandasma: :volterra: :sarovore:

and possibly

:nessamore: :lungeona: :anubeona: :zagitarius: :miralupe: :aquallion: :kushinobi:

and maaaybe I might throw in some

:flarake: :miralair: :riptursa: :verdon: :bugsaw: :drylac: :rapteroc: :stalaclaw: :plusomb: :minoule: (probably only if I get a light/dark minun instead of a plusle; I like minoule's design better but plusomb's stats more)

if I can get my hands on some extras.

...gdi I'm going to be facing the elite four with level 40 pokémon aren't I. :/ I probably ought to just give up, throw darts at six of them and save the rest of these for ASB or something, meh.

oh right there are regions other than Amaya aren't there. Uh. I'll get back to you on OI; I'm not really interested in the canon R2Rs because I can do the same thing but faster in the video games, imo. We'll see.

5. Spencer6213

Spencer6213 Because cool girls don't look at explosions.

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Astrolion
    This is the order I plan to explore the regions, FS'ing in every one that I can. All of this is subject to change, but probably wont. If you've noticed a distinct lack of fire types, three's a reason for that, my RP character is afraid of fire. It's not the kind of thing that would force his team to be the ultimate anti-fire brigade etc. As you might be able to tell from the fact that I choose the grass starter in every region. But it does mean that he'll never use fire types himself. At least not until...
    Orange Islands: :astrolion: :nebulion: :talonite: :terrelta: :emblight: :ancientlapras:
    Amaya: :verdon: :triocca: :kushinobi: :kiyarok: :volterra: :redgiantstarmie:
    Zeralis: :astrolion: :emblight: :ancientlapras: :talonite: :terrelta: :nebulion: (Will also be switching out between my Amaya mon trying to keep them balanced, but it'll end with the OG team.)
    Kanto: :venusaur: :totower: :rabbalanche: :marake: :jolteon: :dragonite:
    Johto: :meganium: :tyranitar: :kingdra: :ampharos: :espeon: :articuno:
    Hoenn: :sceptile: :aggron: :milotic: :gardevoir: :salamence: :suicune:
    Sinnoh: :torterra: :rhyperior: :lucario: :electivire: :garchomp: :regice:
    Unova: :serperior: :archeops: :krookodile: :beartic: :haxorus: :azelf:

6. Dig Dug

Dig Dug Best Orca in Town

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    N/A
    Yay for dream teams! Lets see, my OI/Zeralis Dream Team is a rotation team. Types overlap, but I just like all of these guys. They are, so far:
    :nuclomb::gorphibius: :ryumulus::oracleapollyonf: :jolteona: :rabbalanche: and an :ankyledge: if possible.

Nicknames, in order, are Titan, Froio, Accipiter, Asteria, Almaz, Scaoi, and Tank.

Now, my OI Kanto team is my favorite so far. It is:
    :blastoise: :sandasma: :kajikamishiny: :jolteona: :parasect: :aerodactyl:
    Their names, in order, are Lagoon, Base, Ado, Almaz (from before), Tachi, and Duke.

Amaya is:
    :riptursa: :aliaze: :cardastra: :aumos: :oracleampharos: :artiace:
    Names are Selk, Bernard, Poe, I.Q, Willow, and Olympia.

And my last planned one, Hoenn:
    :blaziken: :beautifly: :minoule: :farcystis: :hariyama: :exploud:
    Their names are Kent, Crown, Voltman, Swampy, Highlander, and Amp.

7. Novoni

Novoni Destroyer of Phairis

RePG:
    Profile:
    I'm in the same boat as Phoenixsong for Amaya, there are too many for me to pick from, and when I get access to my OI box again? I have no idea. Will probably consist of the following:

:riptursashiny: :miralupe: :flarethshiny: :rocketumbreon: :sarovore: :oracleverdeguar: :lucario: :marake: :kajikamishiny: :zagitarius: :solidra: :dragonair: :flarios: :ferazonc: :doomsay: :cosmion:

And so on. But who knows. I'm pretty sure Karozur had not been on my OI Dream Team and he was pretty awesome for me against the Elite Four. THEN, many years down the line, I'd like to FS in Johto, with a team something like this:

:umbreona: :espeona: :lungeona: :anubeona: :glaceona: :aureona:

8. Roxas

Roxas Prince of the Stars Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Follower:
    Kajikami
    Right now for Amaya it's looking like a rotational team with the following:

:riptursa: :clarimata: :sarovore: :oracleverdeguar: :lucario: :solidra: :triocca: :miralair:

Realizing yes that I can only use 6 Pokémon in the Elite Four....I guess it'll depend on who's the most ready, I guess.

After Amaya I want to FS in Sinnoh and have a team something like

:torterra: :islanddragonite: :islandvolphin: / :riogua: :clefable: :mismagius: :honchkrow: IDUNNO. D;

9. Chimera

Chimera Minor Junior Private Negative First Class

RePG:
    Profile:
    Thanks to a massive case of "planning way too far ahead instead of for the present", I have my teams for most of the currently-open regions. So...

Amaya:

(yes, I have two full teams; each one is the main roster of a different main character.)

Team 1: :riptursashiny: :kiyarok: :miralupe: :lucario: :solidra: :flarake:

Team 2: :nuclomb: :drylac: :marake: :volterrashiny: :kushinobi: :sarovore:

Kanto:

:charizardshiny: :electivire: :starmie: :primeape: :aerodactyl: :articuno:

Johto:

:typhlosion: :steelix: :espeon: :hitmonlee: :ampharos: / :raikou: :octillery: / :suicune:

(just depends on which gerbil I pick; using Octillery if Raikou, using Ampharos if Suicune.)

[CAing Hoenn, obviously; haven't decided on a team yet fully, but one will be Verdon and another will be something else out of my Amaya rival's team; she's the main character for the region.]

[FSing Sinnoh; know I'm using Empoleon, an eeveelution, and one of the pixies, but clueless aside from that.]

Unova:

:samurott: :haxorusshiny: :galvantula: :mienshao: :beheeyem: :golurk:

Zeralis [CA, of course; small rotating team, probably more to be added the longer I'm in Zeralis and the more I stuff I exp. share-abuse to 100]:

:doomsay: :rainershiny: :nebulion: :flygonshiny: :ankyledge: :abomasnow: :bigleefshiny: :gazalaxypink:

So...yeah.

10. Prophet of Wapachu

Prophet of Wapachu Unofficial Pokédex Coordinator

RePG:
    Profile:
    Amaya:
    :riptursa: :kushinobi: :miralupe: :flarake: :volterra: :solidra:
    Yeah, I've had plenty of time to remove some of my old favorites from my dream team, and I'll have all their unevolved forms, bar Shira and Viperra, tomorrow.

Johto:

:typhlosion: :tyranitarg: :skarmory: :heracross::volphin::xatu:
    For some reason I suddenly want a Xatu on this team. Yay for under appreciated Pokemon.

Kanto:
    :nidoking: :slowbro::arcanine::snorlax: :machamp: :zapdos:
    Who needs starters when you've got Nidoking? Not I.

Hoenn:
    :blaziken: :ludicolo: :metagrossg: :flygon:? ?
    Hoenn really lacks in things that interest me. I'll find something eventually.

Sinnoh:
    :empoleon: :rotomfire::lucario: :staraptor::gliscor::spiritomb:
    I've never been able to use Spiritomb. That's why he's there.

Unova:
    :samurott: :ferrothorn: :scrafty: :mienshao: :volcarona: :hydreigon:
    Unova has many of my favorites. The only reason Conkeldurr's missing is so that it's not too fighting heavy.

Zeralis:
    I have no idea.

11. Angel Knight Phil

Angel Knight Phil Drag-on Dragoon Pummelo Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    :verdon: :volterra: :charcoalt: :tarsayer: :nessamore: :lucario:

That was my dream team for Amaya. See my sig? Does that look even close? My new one is below.

:verdon: :charcoalt: :starmie: :kabukape: Rocket Nidoking, Rocket Jolteon

Please please please Novi let there be a Rocket Jolteon and Nidoking please please please I'll be your bestest friend forever.

:wallaro: :tsunamic: :bizzap: :zaurora: :porygonz: :talonite:
    The only Dream Team that I have set in stone is my OI team, as I'll likely not change it. It is above. If I had my way, I'd have a different fighter than Talonite (I might end up using Rabbalanche, as I BDay'd a Lepski last year), but one cannot deny Talonite's power. Also, BIZZAP ON A HALL OF FAME TEAM YES. Well, in two years or so.

12. IdlingSnow

IdlingSnow I'm a dirty idler

RePG:
    Profile:
    Orange Islands

:ferazon: :jolteon: :lucario: :telazure::porygonz: :volcronic:

Unova (when we get it) (not gonna be using fresh start)

:scolipede: :darmanitan: :jolteon: :archeops: :gyarados: :lilligant:

13. Kitsune_XIII

Kitsune_XIII Composer Ampereon

RePG:
    Profile:
    OI -> AMAYA/JOHTO -> JOHTO/KANTO/AMAYA -> ZERALIS/KANTO/AMAYA/SINNOH -> SINNOH/HOENN -> HOENN/UNOVA

OI:[​IMG] Silke Miru Klein
    :tsunamicshiny: :nebulionshiny: :vollav: :sandswipe: :gazalaxy: / :gazalaxyshiny: :nevrimore:
    Star, Trigger, Solis, Kazan Raze, Luneth(Male) Rosa (Female), Felice

Progress towards team atm:
    :pattle: :nebulion: :sandswipe:

Snugbug if I don't get a RocketMon, RocketMon if I do.
    I think I might be the only person using Nevrimore? What's funny is I hate reindeer/caribou/elk... but I love Nevrimore.

14. Chimera

Chimera Minor Junior Private Negative First Class

RePG:
    Profile:
    Some edits to my Johto team:

:typhlosionshiny: :steelix: :espeon: :azumarill: :hitmonlee: :ampharos: / :raikou:
    Nitro - - - - - - / -

Settled on Raikou, but decided I'l use Ampharos until I get it; don't want to miss out on type coverage just because I haven't gotten a specific Pokémon yet. Slso, Ampharos is awesome. So there. And went with Azumarill over Octillery, just because I like it better...and if I breed for Aqua Jet and spend plenty of money on tutoring it Aqua Tail, Ice Punch, and Superpower, it hits a lot harder, too.)

And then I've just about ironed out my Sinnoh team, I think...

:volcronic: :parleff: :roserade: :ellaith: :absogno: :azelf: / :mesprit: / :uxie:
    Calliope - Euterpe - Terpsichore - Thalia - Melpomene - Urania? (nicknames based on some of the Greek muses)

Will be importing Flish to replace my starter, Piplup (which I'll keep as breeding fodder, and might eventually train up for my conglomerate Zeralis team, but won't use for Sinnoh - I prefer Croc, and it has better type coverage anyway), and eventually Ellaith when I'm allowed (can't import legends for FS regions until the 4th badge, apparently), and then taking Chatot as my B-Day Promo, since otherwise it doesn't appear until just before Sunyshore iirc, AKA not soon enough. Still haven't decided which pixie I'm gonna pick - it'd be Azelf straight-up, but they're tied into a plot that I'm not yet certain how it's going to be played out, so plot may (and probably will) necessitate me picking one of the others. That said, if anyone is going to FS Sinnoh and doesn't want a pixie, I'd be glad to negotiate for you to get an Azelf for me.

And also starting to figure out Hoenn...not finished yet, but here's how it's looking so far:

:verdon: :arcanine: / :oraclearcanine: :gardevoir: :tuolongshiny: :sharpedo: :hariyama:

The last slot will probably just be something I like that offers coverage. (Verdon and Arcanine are imports from Amaya - even if my Amayan rival doesn't actually use a Growlithe or Arcanine on her team, I intend to RP her as having one, so I have an excuse to use it here.)

Ta-da?

EDIT: Ohwait I remembered one other thing I was bringing over from Amaya. At least, I'm hoping the dragons become available in these sidequests, and before I get to Hoenn, or at least before I get through most of it. If that's the case, I'm totally using Tuolong.

EDIT2: Went with Hariyama for the last slot. too many physical attackers for my taste normally, but Arcy and Sharpedo can both go special, too, so I guess it balances out...

15. Pikang

Pikang Resident furry and fursuiter

RePG:
    Profile:
    I pretty much have three of my teams put together so far...

OI/Zeralis:

:koalyptusshiny: :crystalankyledge: :cardastrashiny: :exterrestre: :luminost: :ghobra: (Mummy) OR :toxicell:

Amaya:

:verdon: :pinsabre: :nuclomb: :corasaur: :rapteroc: :aditank: (shiny)

Hoenn:

:totower: :regice: :crawdaunt: :manectric: :galvespa: :camerupt:

16. Noir

Noir meow

RePG:
    Profile:
    I have my OI Dream Team completely squared away:

:canarosa: :wallaro: :riogua: :nebulion: :sandasma: :centilisk:

And my Amaya Dream Team should look something like:

:verdeguar: :oracleninetalesshiny: :riptursa: :kiyarok: :miralupe: :solidra:

So basically I just need a Mirai and Shira.

17. BlueShadow96

BlueShadow96 Some Guy

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Jungon
    Don't really have an "exact" dream team for Amaya yet, but i guess this shall do for now...

:verdon: :kushinobi::nessamore: /:milotic::gengar: :flarake: :kiyarok:

18. TurtleJoe

TurtleJoe The Turtle Lover

RePG:
    Profile:
    I have my Orange Island and Zeralis Deam Teams planned out so far and I will post the other teams later.I have my Orange Island and Zeralis Deam Teams planned out so far and I will post the other teams later.

Orangle Island Dream Team:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Nicknames from left to right: Puddle Rune Nessie, Harley Quinn, Midnight, Charge

Zeralis Dream Team:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Nicknames from left to right: Thermal, Tornado, Geyser, Thorn, Sledge, Gaia

I know that the team is not very type organised but I really don't care.

19. palooka_120

palooka_120 Energetic Northern Lass

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Koaleaf
    I don’t really believe that I’ll end up actually following my dream team plans strait to the letter and might make changes latter.

Orange Islands and maybe Zeralis after the completion all the other regions-
    :koalyptus: :seregal: :floquila::gengar::flareth::cosmion:

20. Metal Bret

Metal Bret 6th Grader

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    Fercoa
    My dream team is.......

:rhyperior: / :volphin: / :ferazon: / :talonite: / :weavile: / :exterrestre: or :zaurora:

What im planning on doing is Fresh Starting every single region using this troop of pokes (who will be eggs). For OI, my planned team is.....

:wallaro: / :lanturn: / :talonite: / :rhydon: / :tarantasm: / :zaurora: or :exterrestre: