Create-A-Mission Topic of Hopes and Dreams

Discussion in 'RPG News & Discussion' started by Leon Vane, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Leon Vane

Leon Vane Lift A Sail

RePG:
    Profile:
    Since we don't actually have one of these outside the Grail...

Title of the topic pretty much gets to the point, so some formatting.

Code:
    [b]Availability:[/b] Any/Teams/Sol/Luna/Rai/Flora
    [b]Region:[/b] Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Orange Islands/Zeralis/Unova/Amaya/Kalos
    [b]Badges[/b] 1-8
    [b]Travel:[/b] Yes/No
    [b]Unity:[/b] Yes/No
    [b]Mission Details[/b]: (This is where you'd give the flavor of the mission, as well as a range of action updates and any Pokémon that might be battled, whether wild or trainer-owned.
    [b]Prize:[/b] What the player gets for beating the mission.
    Currently we have a severe need of Unova missions of all sorts, but we'll take any good mission ideas. Woo crowdsourcing!

2. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    I have been dreaming of this day and it has finally come. Regardless of whether they get accepted or not, I'M GOIN FOR IT.

Breaking the Bank

Availability: Teams
    Region: Any Town
    Badges: 5
    Travel: No
    Unity: No
    Mission Details: There have been reports of bandits roaming around the entrances of towns and cities to rob worn-down trainers and travelers. The autorities have had no luck in catching these robbers, but from rumors and trainer accounts they suspect your town the be their next target. Your team has been asked to dispatch one of their members to help patrol the town with the local authorities for any sign of trouble. This will take about 2-4 action updates.

Eventually your group will come across the bandit camp where the troop was resting before a day of rouge activities. Another 2-3 action updates of fending off the bandits before you find the leader!

[X] :male: :delibird: [Hustle] (Knows Spikes, Aerial Ace, and Pay Day)
    [X+1] :female: :fearow: [Keen Eye] (Knows Pluck and Coin Toss)
    [X+2] :female: :ponyta: [Run Away] (Knows Flame Charge, Wild Charge and Lottery Bomb) *If level 40 or above it becomes a Rapidash
    [X+3] :male: :menipenny: [Greed] (Knows Covet, Fire Blast, and Dig) *Stat Spread is 50/100/100/100/100/50 if level 40 or higher. Else it's 50/70/70/70/70/50

Prize: 2 Nuggets

Not so sure on the prizes, the levels, or the possibility of putting special moves on the mons, but thought it was worth the shot. :) It's based on Pokémon given out at Pokémon events in Gen 1 and 2 that had the special move Pay Day.

3. Leon Vane

Leon Vane Lift A Sail

RePG:
    Profile:
    *heavy breathing of rage and hate*

4. IdlingSnow

IdlingSnow I'm a dirty idler

RePG:
    Profile:
    git gud scrub :^)

5. Timeblaze

Timeblaze I'm supposed to hold it by the sharp end, right?

RePG:
    Profile:
    Voltage Villains of the Big City
    Availability: Rai
    Region: Unova
    Badges: 2
    Mission Details: Trainers in Castelia City are reporting that they are being attacked by a gang of trainers who hide out in the alleyways. All of the reports differ, but they're consistent in that the attackers specialize in using electricity to disable their victim. Authorities are requesting a Team Rai member with experience in dealing with electricity to bring the crooks to justice!

Once you start the mission, you'll have to enter the alleyways and find the criminals' hideout. They've booby-trapped certain areas of the alleys with electrical panels, so you'll have to watch your step. Finding the hideout will take 3-6 Action Updates.

As soon as you've found the hideout, take on their leader and defeat him to bring the criminals to justice.

[19] :male: :blitzle: 63/63 [Lightningrod]
    [19] :magnemite: 56/56 [Sturdy]
    [20] :male: :emolga: 70/70 [Static] @ :zapplate:

Prize: :zapplate:

6. Kamina

Kamina Author

RePG:
    Profile:
    The Expert Power Brigade

Availability: Teams
    Region: Any Town
    Badges 4
    Mission Details: A roaming group of battle hardy trainers are travelling from Town to Town. In order to fight them you'll first have to sweet talk your way into being allowed into their current base of operations (1-3 action updates) Before facing 3 of their members.

First member: Alvin:
    [x-2] :female: :politoed: [Drizzle] ( :expertbelt:) [Knows Hidden Power *]
    [x] :male: :ludicolo: [Swift Swim] ( :expertbelt:) [Knows Hidden Power*]
    [x+2] :male: :ampharos: [Static] ( :expertbelt:) [Knows Hidden Power*]

Second member: Rowen:
    [x] :female: :shiftry: [Early Bird] ( :expertbelt:) [Knows Hidden Power*]
    [x+1] :female: :accelgor: [Hydration] ( :expertbelt:) [Knows Hidden Power*]
    [x+2] :female: :milotic: [Marvel Scale] ( :expertbelt:) [Knows Hidden Power*]

Third member: Jude:
    [x+1] :male: :gardevoir: [Trace] ( :expertbelt:) [Knows Hidden Power*]
    [x+2] :female: :lucario: [Inner Focus] ( :expertbelt:) [Knows Hidden Power*]
    [x+3] :porygonz: [Download] ( :expertbelt:) [Knows Hidden Power*]

[Notes. Your Pokémon will not heal between battles. Mods will select the hidden power for each team before the battle and it's their choice what type they have, ideally setting it up for the greatest coverage/focusing your weaknesses]

Prize: :expertbelt: or :tmnormal: [Hidden Power] + 2000p

7. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    Spar With the Master of Power

Availability: Any
    Region: Any Region’s Mountains
    Badges: 6
    Mission Details: While on your journey you hear rumors about an incredibly strong Pokémon that has been teaching special moves to Pokémon (both wild and trained alike) that find it. After some asking around, you hear that it has taken residence at the top of your region’s respective mountain. In order to reach his Pokémon, you will have to trek up the mountain to arrange a meeting with it. This will take about 3-6 action updates.

Eventually you find the hideout of the special Pokémon. But it seems that getting to it won't be that easy; there are Pokémon guarding it to test any visitors before they fight the master.

[X] :male: :hitmonlee: [Limber] (Knows Power-Up Punch and Secret Power)

[X] :unown: [Levitate] (Hidden Power: Psychic)

[X] :female: :clefable: [Magic Guard] (Knows Clefairy’s moves to its current level, Cosmic Power, and Stored Power)

After fighting this small group of guards you face the master himself...an old Smeargle with a very powerful moveset!

[X+5] :male: :smeargle: [Moody] (Knows all "Power" moves) *

* Power moves means any move with the word "Power" in it. That means things like Nature Power, Hidden Power, Cosmic Power, Power-Up Punch, Power Whip, etc. Complete list in the spoiler below.

[spoiler="Power" moves] Hidden Power, Secret Power, Ancient Power, Earth Power, Cosmic Power, Stored Power, Nature Power, Power Whip, Power Gem, Superpower, Power-Up Punch, Power Trick, Power Swap, Power Split.[/spoiler]

As promised, the old Smeargle offers to help teach you a special move of your request! Within reason of course.

Prize: 1 Move Voucher of your choice of Power move from the Smeargle’s movepool.

OOC: If approved, I am willing to make a bearded Smeargle sprite to go with this mission.

8. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer FKA Neji

RePG:
    Profile:
    I think a few more Any mission should be added for people who aren't affiliated with teams. I'd also like an Any unity Mission for the OI's, will totes edit some ideas l8r.
    Does anyone agree on adding more Lone Wolf mission?

9. Haas

Haas The Master of the Night Administrator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    So, I don't really know if I should use the regular format because this will be a time consuming project that I don't want to do unless people like the idea.

So basically I was noticing how the new Unity missions have the player relive the old old OI events. Well what if these Unity Missions let players relive the Pokemon Movies. We have done many things on the site to give a nod to the movies (New Island and we have Alto Mare in a Decolore Description somewhere) but what if we make actual movie missions that give exclusive prizes to player (these would obviously be very intense, difficult missions). Along with this I would suggest making a "Simulation" area that people post for Unity Missions since the only place we have from a movie is New Island. I would gladly take charge of the project if enough people could support me. I just think it would be a fun thing for people to picture their own Character in the movies we all watched as kids (and still watch today.) This would also mean making a ton of Unity Missions, and I don't know if the higher ups would like having too many of those. And for the exclusive Items, I've come up with a few for the first 3 moves, just to give examples.

Movie 1 (Mewtwo Strikes Back):
    Regular Mode: Berserk Gene (same as Gen II item) or Playful Gene (Raises Speed by 2, lowers Attack/Sp. Attack by 1 WIP)
    Challenge Mode: Both Genes

Movie 2 (The Power of One):
    Regular Mode: Ancient Mew Card (Gives holder the move Reflect Type, Metronome, and Transform)

Movie 3 (Spell of the Unown):
    Regular Mode: Crystal PokeBall (Recolor Maybe? Or gives Pokemon Caught a special move/ability?)

Movie 4 (Celebi: Voice of the Forest):
    Regular Mode: Time Shard (Allows the user to skip a charge turn once per battle. Basically a Power Herb that regenerates after each battle)

Movie 5 (Pokemon Heroes):
    Regular Mode: Red Soul Shard (Give the Pokemon Mist Ball) or Blue Soul Shard (Gives the Pokemon Luster Purge)
    Challenge Mode: Both items.

So those are basic skeletons for prizes and the plot is already there for us, we just have to probably shrink it down into a certain number of updates. And if this is the wrong place for this then a higher up can just message me and I will move the post elsewhere.

10. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    I really like those ideas actually. Even without the additional items (which would be freaking amazing seriously) I would consider doing them.

And of note, the Berserker Gene is a one-use item if you are planning on having it be a perma-item. I would recommend something like the Berserk Collar or something along those lines; sharply raises attack and has a chance of confusing/disobeying the holder each turn that increases a-la-WhateverIt'sCalled Orb. And the Crystal Pokeball could give the caught Pokemon a Hidden Power even if they already have it, so they can have two. This is if the item ideas are a go. But they are still pretty darn awesome...now I'm thinking about how if classes become a thing again how it could be a Ranger and something else unity mission for the Manaphy movie. >_>

11. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer FKA Neji

RePG:
    Profile:
    That's actually a really cool idea Haas!

12. Angel Knight Phil

Angel Knight Phil Drag-on Dragoon Pummelo Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    The New Champion: Amaya Chapter

Region: Amaya
    Badges 8 Badges in at least one region

Regional PC Locking is lifted when participating in this mission
    Must be in a city to participate

Revya has finally been defeated! Despite this, the new champion, Falenas, has chosen to continue his travels instead of reigning atop the Elite Four on Victor Island. However, in the spirit of competition, Falenas has offered himself up for prize fights for any challenger that has claimed 8 badges in any Pokemon League around the world.

Usually, when two trainers battle, the loser must pay the winner a sum of money. However, to increase incentive and participation, Falenas is allowing his challengers to name the ante on their fight (within reason, of course). He will match that offer.

This is the ultimate competitive battling experience. Falena's Pokemon hold a wide array of items and know quite a few attacks that normal Pokemon of their species don't know.

[X] :male: :macabor: [Levitate] :spookyplate:
    [X] :male: :gallade: [Steadfast] :fistplate:
    [X] :male: :charcoalt: [Blaze] :flameplate:
    [X] :female: :volterra: [Shed Skin] :earthplate:
    [X] :female: :solidra: [Serene Grace] :goldfeather: [Always Knows Hydro Pump]
    [X] :female: :verdon: [Overgrow] :meadowplate:

Each of Falenas' Pokemon know no more than 3 moves from their extended movepool. Solidra always knows Hydro Pump, cutting her moves to 2.

Prize: Player's bet is matched. If the bet is a TM, a TM of equal power is won.

13. Leon Vane

Leon Vane Lift A Sail

RePG:
    Profile:
    I :tmground: [Dig] it.

14. Kamina

Kamina Author

RePG:
    Profile:
    MAKE IT HAPPEN
    NAO.

15. Haas

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    yeah I :tmground: [Earthquake] that.

16. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    Mulch Mishap
    Region: Unova- Mistralton City
    Badges: 5
    Mission Details: Mistralton is well known for both their transportation services and their fresh produce, delivered almost immediately after their harvest to keep them from spoiling. If you ask anyone as to what the secret is to their taste and freshness, the owner will proudly explain the variety of mulch that he uses in their farming.

But he has run into trouble, as his supply of special mulch has disappeared overnight! He will lead you to where he stores his mulch, and you will have to follow any clues present to find the culprit. This will take 2-3 action updates.

After searching around, you will find a small group of Pokémon. Defeat them to get back the mulch!

This is a triple(?) battle.

[35] :female: :simisage: 130/130 ( :liechi: ) [Gluttony] *Knows Pansage’s moves up to level 35*
    [36] :male: :excadrill: 159/159 [Sand Rush] *Knows Rototiller*(?)
    [35] :male: :tropius: 147/147 ( :sitrus: ) [Harvest]

Afterward you find that they only wanted the mulch to help start their own garden. When you take the mulch back to the farm hand, he offers you with some of his rare crops.

Prize: 1500 P, choice of :starf:, :kee:, or :maranga: x2

OOC: I'm not sure on whether it would be fair enough to make this a triple battle mission. If not, then just removing Rototiller from Excadrill would be the change. Also not sure on whether to make these rare berries as a reward for a simple(?) mission.

17. Leon Vane

Leon Vane Lift A Sail

RePG:
    Profile:
    >Unova mission

Kabu, you're the greatest right now.

18. KabuKing

KabuKing How humerus

RePG:
    Profile:
    Follower:
    ???
    Trip and Fall, the Amazing Maze!
    Region: Unova- Route 20
    Badges: 2
    Mission Details: As the leaves fall in autumn in Route 20, the leaves change color and blanket the ground. One enterprising man proclaiming himself to be a relative to the enigmatic Trick Master has claimed a small portion of the woods along the route to set up a maze for tourists and trainers with the help of his Sudowoodo and Mr. Mime.

But there is a problem; the maze is too confusing! Both his Sudowoodo and Mr. Mime have gotten lost in the maze that they helped set up, and you need to help find the Pokémon.

You will chose one of the two available maze paths to search for the missing Pokémon. The maze owner will look in the other one. Of the available mazes, you have either:

The “Ceramic” maze, filled with rubble, fake trees, and shallow pitfalls. The Sudowoodo has gotten lost down here, and you have to figure out which path is which without getting stuck behind the trees or in the pitfalls.

Or the “Glass” maze, filled with invisible walls, spinning traps (“Exported straight from Sinnoh!”), and leaf piles containing various pranks and the like. The Mr. Mime has gotten stuck in here, and you have to twist about and feel around the walls of the maze to get to the end.

Going through each of these mazes will take a various amount of action updates, depending on how well the moderator believed you have accomplished going through the maze. Breaking or generally “cheating” at the maze by use of psychic, flying, or digging Pokémon will result in less updates and mission completion but not the special prize reward. It will take 7-8 action updates if you go through “fairly” or “nicely”. If you decide to break one of the rules (or obstacles), it will count as two updates instead of one. When you find the Pokémon, you will both help each other exit the maze (no action updates)

When you get back with the Pokémon, the maze owner will offer you his thanks. Depending on how well you treated his maze he will give you a special award!

Prize: 1200 P and :rockincense: (if completed the Ceramic Maze) or :oddincense: (if completed the Glass Maze)
    Special Reward: You receive both the :rockincense: and the :oddincense:

19. Shanderraa

Shanderraa Preteen Meme Master Global Moderator

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    That makes sense Kabu, that someone would actually care if you broke their work.

20. Haas

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Making small note that a mission of equal difficulty as the maze mission with the same prize needs to made for the other path of Unova.