Coastal

Discussion in 'Vernedge Town' started by Drifter, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Drifter

Drifter Catch my Drift?

RePG:
    Profile:
    Far out within the infinite darkness of space, a small planet unassumingly orbits a yellow sun. This planet is made unique by the assortment of magical inhabitants able to produce fire, water, electricity, inspire the growth of plants, and dazzle with many sparkling lights. These creatures, known as Pokemon, have shaped the world and created far-reaching consequences including defining space and time. Their limits are boundless!

This is not their story.

In spite of that all, the beings are frequently conquered by a domineering opposing race known as "humans". Humans seem to have very little physical or combat ability, possess varying degrees of intelligence rarely regarded as accomplished, and are a rather downtrodden group with no admirable qualities. The human infection has spread around the globe and individuals who self-identify as "trainers" capture the Pokemon in small spheres to command them for entertainment (mainly in the form of gladiatorial battles).

After about ten years of life, humans have a propensity for defining some vague goal and set about a continent to achieve this mission by abusing Pokemon powers. The hero of this story, Flynn Gulliver, is no different. This is the story about how this unassuming young lad has set about Amaya to author its first travel guide!

Let it be known, that he would eventually achieve this goal. Creating the definitive travel guide of the region of Amaya and skyrocketing its popularity around the globe. The book, although often inaccurate and with several glaring omissions, has somehow captured the hearts and imaginations of countless youth!

And so it begins...

Vernedge Town was a welcoming sight to behold from the long ocean journey. I stood at the edge of the boat and took in the shoreline decorated with brightly colored buildings. Each was made of painted wood, and their designs were quaint and wholesome. Peaking behind them up upon a hill was the glare from a dazzling window studded building. I immediately knew that it would be my first stop.

I've often heard that the tallest building in a town would be representative of the dominating political and economic power. For Vernedge Town it was the Pokemon Lab. There was a good hustle and bustle as people in white lab coats moved about the building and town in general. It seemed that this might have been the biggest collection of movers and thinkers in all of Amaya.

When I stepped inside, I noticed a large portrait of a stout dark-skinned female labeled, Professor Acacia. Pulling me out of a dumbfounded stare, a secretary in the office brought me to meet the Professor myself. It was a whirlwind encounter which ended with the Professor providing a Pokeball and Pokedex to accompany me during my journey. Her reasons were bombastic, and I barely understood her pressured speech. However, it didn't matter much, as a Pokemon is handy when traveling the continent.

This was immediately proven true as a ruffian forced me into a pokemon battle right outside of the center!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    palooka_120 and Gamma like this.
  2. Fresh Mex

Fresh Mex Land shark

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    [5] :male::emble: 18/23 [Blaze] {Speed: 16}
    [5] :male::cubble: 21/26 [Torrent] {Speed: 14}

Since this is a required and set fight, yes, you can send out your Pokemon and attack all at once. If this were a random fight, like a faceless trainer or a wild Pokemon however, you'd have to wait to see what it is.

In any case, both sides did roughly the same amount of damage, which would likely cause the battle to swing in the bear's favor.

3. Drifter

Drifter Catch my Drift?

RePG:
    Profile:
    It was a busy morning and I was really getting quite annoyed with this hooligan. Instead of exploring the town further I was engaging in some battle with an orange fawn against a blue ursine creature. It was really quite tedious. The joy of Pokemon battling comes from the connection between trainer and monster. However, I barely knew my new partner!

The fawn thrust its body against the blue opponent who swiped out it with an outstretched paw.

"That was great!" I shouted encouragingly. "Let's do it again! Tackle!"

4. Mysterious

Mysterious 1337 Speaker News Crew

RePG:
    Profile:
    2nd Profile:
    Two attacks that got was getting near Cubbles end
    [5] :male::emble: 14/23 [Blaze] {Speed: 16}
    [5] :male::cubble: 15/26 [Torrent] {Speed: 14}

5. Drifter

Drifter Catch my Drift?

RePG:
    Profile:
    The scene from before essentially repeated itself. I was quite pleased and figured I wasn't sure of what else to do anyways.

"You got this!" I cheered. "Keep tackling"