6/27/13 Tangelo Times; Staff Announcements
At this time we would like to take a moment to wish wanderingtonowhere (known throughout the site as Meg) and Pikang the best with their real-world issues. These issues have caused both to step back from the moderating spotlight and resign. May all your problems resolve in best-case scenarios, and don't be a stranger, either.
This leaves the modforce in a slight pickle. Our final alt of the Spring 2013 Mod Apps, Phantom, has vanished into thin air, as phantoms are wont to do. Therefore, in a special session, it has been agreed upon that a new selection must be made. This person has worked his tail off for OI in recent months, and I'm incredibly proud to reveal this announcement. He's both a former admin of the site and was a member of my mod class as well...
Wanderer Shawn has been promoted to RPG Moderator!
EPIC: Every Person Is Cool
Ladies and gents, have you seen the progress EPIC has been making? We're chugging along at a fair pace, but there's still so much to do. Therefore, it has been decided that Dex Staff applications will be held.
Those of you who submit an app may be asked to post a canon line for critique. While I understand that this does not require much work, this will test your ability to pay attention to detail.
1. Tell us a bit about yourself! We're a closely knit community, and we like to know our staff. Their interests, their personalities - what makes you, well, you?
2. What time zone are you in?
3. Why do you feel we should hire you?
4. Are you taking a lot of difficult classes this year? Are you involved in any other demanding activities, like sports, music, or a job that you see impacting your ability to attend meetings and be constructive? Be honest and realistic.
5. Do you have any prior experience dealing with creating/editing Pokémon movesets, stat spreads, dex entries, and more?
6. How well do you keep a level head during a heated discussion that you have an active part in?
7. Do you have access or the ability to use Skype?
All applications must be turned in by 11:59:59 p.m. (right before midnight) EDT, Wednesday July, 3, midnight Eastern Time to Angel Knight Phil
Thank you for your time,